De-certification petition??

livlly909

Friendly Trucker
Credits
What I don't understand is how ONE GUY can file this many petitions??? He only works in Auburn, wouldn't employees from each terminal being filed have to file them instead of just the one person???

Furthermore, Oak Harbor could only get ONE person to file them?? :biglaugh: Kinda see where this is going to go....HELLO?? THERE'S A REASON WHY THE UNION WAS STARTED THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!! :loser:

What a waste of time and money on Ray M's part....having an attorney file them.....AND post his cell phone number and address for everyone to see on the Oakhanswers website!! :duh:

What I don't understand is how ONE GUY can file this many petitions??? He only works in Auburn, wouldn't employees from each terminal being filed have to file them instead of just the one person???

Furthermore, Oak Harbor could only get ONE person to file them?? :biglaugh: Kinda see where this is going to go....HELLO?? THERE'S A REASON WHY THE UNION WAS STARTED THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!! :loser:

What a waste of time and money on Ray M's part....having an attorney file them.....AND post his cell phone number and address for everyone to see on the Oakhanswers website!! :duh:

Is he one of the guys who crossed and is now trying to find away to get past denouncing the union?

I'm surprised Oak Harbor would post his name and address and phone#
on the internet for all to see? I printed one out and all the information
was very easy to read and yes all these De-cert letters were all filed by the same person.

I mentioned this is a different thread and I'll say it again IN MY OPINION
everyone of them are from the same petitioner so it is quite obvious that ohfl has had their attorneys drum up someone from a right to work orginization to file these (on behalf of someone/anyone). another futile attempt to eliminate the union. maybe speculation but hard to dispute the names on the petitions. again no body that has gone through this would be so stupid as to try to get rid of the union now!

A decertification election has only one purpose and effect: to remove the union as the “exclusive bargaining representative” of the employees. A decertification election is different from a "deauthorization" election. A deauthorization election has only one purpose and effect: to remove the “union security ” forced-unionism clause from the contract. In a deauthorization election, the union remains as the exclusive bargaining representative, and the collective bargaining agreement remains in effect, except for the forced unionism clause.

The National Labor Relations Board maintains many rules governing when employees can file for a decertification election. The first rule is the "certification bar," which holds that petitions for a decertification election cannot be filed for 1 year after a union wins an NLRB conducted election.

Another important rule is the "contract bar," which holds that petitions for a decertification election cannot be filed during the first 3 years of a collective bargaining agreement, except for during a certain 30-day "window period." In most workplaces, the 30-day “window period” for filing a decertification petition with the NLRB occurs 60 to 90 days prior to the expiration date or 3 year anniversary of the contract, whichever comes first. In the health care industry (such as hospitals), the 30-day “window period” occurs 90 to 120 days prior to the expiration date of the contract or 3 year anniversary of the contract, whichever comes first.

A decertification petition can also be filed anytime after a contract expires or becomes more than 3 years old. However, if your employer and the union enter into a successor contract, the new contract will begin another 3 year "contract bar" on decertification elections. Thus, if you miss the "window period" for filing a petition for a decertification election, you may have to wait for another 3 years to request a decertification election.

Most employees prefer a workplace where they are free to discuss their terms and conditions of employment directly with the employer, without intervention by a third-party. They also prefer a workplace in which union membership and the payment of dues is voluntary, as this forces the union hierarchy to be more accountable to the rank-and-file workers. Instead of relying on threats, intimidation, and even firings to gain financial support, union officials have to sell the benefits of union membership to the individual employees.

Under the National Labor Relations Act, if 30% or more of the employees in a bargaining unit sign a Decertification Petition, the National Labor Relations Board will conduct a secret ballot election to determine if a majority of the employees wish to decertify the union and stop it from any further “exclusive representation.” If the petitioning employees win that election, then the company becomes nonunion and all employees are free to bargain on their own, and negotiate their own terms and conditions of employment. Moreover, if 50% or more of the employees in a bargaining unit sign a petition that they no longer want to be represented by the union, the employer can withdraw recognition without an election if it wishes to do so. (Except where the contract bar applies, as discussed above.)

The petition must be an employee effort. Employer assistance is unlawful and, if there is any, the union will nullify the effort by filing an unfair labor practice charge.

HOW TO GET STARTED: First, employees should assess the strength of support for decertification within their specific bargaining unit. Usually, is it not worth calling for such an election unless the petitioning employees believe they will be able to garner the support of a majority of their fellow employees. The petitioning employees will need the votes of a majority of those employees who show up to vote on election day.

In order to proceed, employees should collect signatures on a petition which reads something like the following:

He has to have gotten signed petitions from each location. Did he get the replacement drivers to sign them?

"RAY M"..............needs to be black listed from any and all trucking companies......these kind of people......do not deserve to be behind the wheel of a truck nor represent any form of the transportation industry.

"RAY M"..............needs to be black listed from any and all trucking companies......these kind of people......do not deserve to be behind the wheel of a truck nor represent any form of the transportation industry.

How can he file petitions for all of the locations that he did?
I hope the NLRB is smart enough to see what is going on. Do we all need to contact them and let them know what is going on?

"HE"......"RAY M"........is a driver who is employed at oak harbor....he is also what someone would call a brown noser to management.He is also one who several year's ago was a line driver who stepped in front of a truck while putting on chains somewhere in navada and got messed up pretty good....and then after awhile ended up in central line telling other line driver's what to do.I no longer work for oak harbor by choice... but still have friend's that work there and do support your effort.

Hit and laugh

I will be driving down I-5 tonight please let Ray M. know so I can meet him on the side of the road and get ten points- Thanks

It seems to me this is a classic battle over who controls the company. Millertime and The Vanderpools think they do. Hope the Teamsters prevail.

I am not surprised... there are so many improprieties with the decert petitions, it isn't even funny...

They have Fred the Chicken Boy walking around the Portland terminal trying to get guys to sign it ON COMPANY TIME!

I hear the same thing is going on at other terminals. Hell, I have NON-UNION OHFL employees saying they are willing to testify under oath that they have witnessed this going on a multiple locations!

The ULPs the company is generating is going to come down on their heads like a ton of bricks in due time. I hope the VP's feel they got their money's worth out of their hot-shot labor attorney, because he stepped in it BIG TIME in advising them on these courses of action!

I am not surprised... there are so many improprieties with the decert petitions, it isn't even funny...

They have Fred the Chicken Boy walking around the Portland terminal trying to get guys to sign it ON COMPANY TIME!

I hear the same thing is going on at other terminals. Hell, I have NON-UNION OHFL employees saying they are willing to testify under oath that they have witnessed this going on a multiple locations!

The ULPs the company is generating is going to come down on their heads like a ton of bricks in due time. I hope the VP's feel they got their money's worth out of their hot-shot labor attorney, because he stepped in it BIG TIME in advising them on these courses of action!

If the company is allowing this it may be another ULP. Check with your local and find out. At the least they have set a standard to allow petitions to be passed that Teamsters may be able to take advantage of in the future. Then if they don't allow you to do it, that would be where another ULP could come from. You will need good documentation of these actions though. Good Luck.