Reddaway | Dead Rumors

on being sold and not knowing it.when roadway bought npme from arnold industries,there had not been any talk or rumor or any inculeing of even a possable sale going on. we,the emplooyee's found out when a city guy brought home a copy of the letter, the company sent to customers explaining the deal.that included supervisors not knowing about the deal, also. if there would be a sale of you or npme or holland, we would be the last to know about it.and my opion on sale of any of us is don't hold your breath waitng for that to happen, because there is nothing to sell any more,but a name and all the debt or new expenses yrcw has laid on all the regionals,plus the pension oblagations, which keep getting bigger the longer they don't pay into the funds.

I don't see how we could be sold and no one knows it. We still haven't changed anything with the usf on our equipment. Even the pamphlet with the new guarantee stuff says USF Reddaway. There is no money to change that.

first I am not trying to keep rumors running, but on abf's company website for employees several questions hae been asked about a buy out. Their response is that they can say nothing until it is a done deal because of SEC rules. Everyone will know what is happening when it happens.

So that sounds like there is a deal and they can't say anything or maybe they are saying that because they can't say either way?

You guys want to hear an ugly rumor? ABF in sac has no TM and for some reason they’re not looking for a new one. Good luck M.G.:pirate2:

We need change

Zollars is moving some V.P.s out the door. Unfortunately he has not yet been showed the door. I hope somebody with cash in the bank and a proven track record of success buys us.:shift:

What % of reddyway is union?

so our ba from the local stops in today and gives us an update on contract talks from the 26 th and 27 th. And says the company is actively selling reddaway and new penn !! Who what where i dont know ? But thats what the man said ! They meet again on june 16th.

do you know what % of the co. Is union? 80%?

Oakland, and Compton are hard core Union. Whats left of PHX ? Modesto has a fight, and at least 5 other California terminals are going back and forth. I'm for the Union, however I have learned after 3 years of this fight that the company will spend millions fighting it, break the law and lie about it, while pretending to be nuetral. And maybe the worst part is the Union lets it self be used by Obama and the Democrats who wont lift a finger to help any of us. Its hard for a lot of truck drivers to trust the party that wants to take away their guns to help them get a fair contract. And "YES" the Republicans are no help also. Every man with a gun is an Independent at heart.

Oakland, and Compton are hard core Union. Whats left of PHX ? Modesto has a fight, and at least 5 other California terminals are going back and forth. I'm for the Union, however I have learned after 3 years of this fight that the company will spend millions fighting it, break the law and lie about it, while pretending to be nuetral. And maybe the worst part is the Union lets it self be used by Obama and the Democrats who wont lift a finger to help any of us. Its hard for a lot of truck drivers to trust the party that wants to take away their guns to help them get a fair contract. And "YES" the Republicans are no help also. Every man with a gun is an Independent at heart.

I wonder why the company would spend all that time and money to keep guys from going union ? They must REALLY care about them and want them to have a better deal than they would get if they were UNION.:biglaugh::biglaugh:

A better deal like making drivers with more than 10 years of service part time with no benefits. And limited to 6 hour work days at 3 dollars less an hour.

Thats not happening at Union terminals. You can get layed off at a Union Yard if there is no work. However if there is work, you work by senority, and get your benefits if you work 100 hours a month even if your a part time employee. My terminal (Non Union) is 25 miles away from a Union Yard, some of our service area overlaps within 8 miles of each others terminals, we really share the same southern California business area. Many of us live in the same neighborhoods. However we have been cut in half by layoffs and the Union yard has barely been touched.

Actually Steaker, I just got word that the Union Barn you're talking about is hiring. FON, ORG, LOS and SAN can't call back drivers but LAX who is under contract is hiring. You are absolutely right Steaker.

?

Thats not happening at Union terminals. You can get layed off at a Union Yard if there is no work. However if there is work, you work by senority, and get your benefits if you work 100 hours a month even if your a part time employee. My terminal (Non Union) is 25 miles away from a Union Yard, some of our service area overlaps within 8 miles of each others terminals, we really share the same southern California business area. Many of us live in the same neighborhoods. However we have been cut in half by layoffs and the Union yard has barely been touched.
SO IF YOU GUYS SEE THIS HAPPENING TO YOU WHY DONT YOU ALL RUN LIKE THE WIND TO THE LOCAL UNION HALL AND SIGN A CARD! ITS A NO BRAINER!:ranting2:

Fear, we dont have many ex military, or guys who had strong fathers in the home. Many of these tuff guys are full of skull tatoos, but are afraid of the dark. Guys who are overly afraid of losing their jobs in the end did lose their job. They were frozen in fear, unable to pull the trigger. I'm not saying everyone, for example a very good friend of mine. had an open mind, went to a Union meeting with me, had a strong argument with the management over the right of guys who wanted to sign, to sign. Yet in the end he decided againest the Union on principle. I respect that guy. However, for every guy like that, I've dealt with five guys who normally strut the yard like tuff guys, but ran like a little girl being chased by a tiger when I showed them a Union card. Unfortunately for them because of their senority they dont work here anymore, or may loose their job this winter when things slow down again. And after 3 months under The new non Union employee policy, they can not be called back, they are terminated. However under the Union Contract they would be called back up to 2 years, by senority, and that list is reviewed monthly by the Union againest O.T. worked. Obligating the company to hire them back at the first uptick in business. With benefits if they work 100 hours a month as a Teamster. Ask the few non Union guys who have been called back about benefits, most of them are working part time without any benefits, like guys in orange who have up to 11 years of senority.

Reddaways troubles came when Yellow/ Roadway bought them out. Then, Reddaway in turn absorbed(for lack of a better word) Bestway. Then instead of having the bestway drivers reapply for a reddaway position, They were dovetailed in. This in turn allowed the Bestway driver that were bringing their former company down. to now form a cancer at Reddaway. I work at Their Redding,Ca terminal. I'm presently laid off but, work whenever they need my services. I want to know if its possible to become a employee owned/employee operated company. then we will be the masters of our own destiny