Deadly Crash in the Rockies

canadian

TB Lurker
Credits
The vehicles, their trailers and payloads were "torn apart just like plastic bags -- 60, 70-thousand pounds worth of meat, 60, 70,000 pounds worth of steel involved ... Cleanup-crew member Rick Anguish told CTV Calgary there were "trucks on top of trucks -- a 10,000-pound motor shot 200 feet away.

See picture -

CTV.ca | 3 dead in massive truck crash in Rockies

This section of road has more than its' share of accidents.

I've travelled it many times when it was sheer ice. The bad part of it is that it is level road, and fairly straight. Traffic comes off 4 lane divided about a mile before this point, and some drivers don't slow down for the change.

3 people in one truck generally indicates that it is operated by "New Canadians". The driving conditions here are significantly different from what one finds in India.

I have been fortunate that I have not had to deal with an accident as severe as this one during my time as a first responder/firefighter.

Oh I understand the 3 people in 1 truck concept. Here in the East I see it all the time.

The Fed govt and proably Provincial hands out grants etc., to satisfy the various Trucking Associations to keep wages down by importing people who will drive for peanuts.