XPO | Dealing with the heat

teamsterwannaB

TB Veteran
Credits
WOW IT`S GOING TO BE HOT IN THE MIDWEST THE NEXT FEW DAYS. I HEAR THE COMPANY WILL BE REPLACING THE GATORADE/WATER WITH KOOL-AID AS IT IS NOW THE FAVORITE DRINK:hysterical:

The gatorade was much better and replenishing than the crap fruit juices and soda. (Thats only good for heat stressed office workers not people who work hard outside!)

I've seen lots of gatorade jugs around, never seen a big spoon that would be used to stir it up.
I wonder how they mix that stuff. :hide:
I'm so glad I don't like gatorade.

I've seen lots of gatorade jugs around, never seen a big spoon that would be used to stir it up.
I wonder how they mix that stuff. :hide:
I'm so glad I don't like gatorade.
Buy your own spoon, Remember bigger is better.

Spring water is your best bet.

It tastes good and doesn't leave any sugary after taste on the end of your tounge.
Camping stores,or K-mart sell small coolers that have cigarette lighter plugs.
It keeps the liter bottles cool.
You can sip it as you need it.

Another thing if your a city driver,and have shorter distances between stops your a lot better off if you have your right day cab window down,about a foot,to a foot and a half.
Your left side window down all the way,and if you have wing windows just open the left one all the way.
This creates a wind tunnel effect,and is some what comfortable.

Instead of blasting the airconditioner if you have one.
If you do that your jumping out to the real hot air,from a real cold cab,and its not very healthy.
Now this is my advice after doing city driving for a living in my 44th year now.

I never had airconditioning for most of my career then about 8 years ago I had an asigned tractor with one.
I got sick as a dog using it the first summer.
So I just reverted back to whats always worked for me before I had it.

Now this here advice is coming to you from,a very old gear jamming, steering wheel holder,so I say with anything I post you can take it our leave it.

This works very well for me,but the rest of you are all free to find what works for you.

Treasure it,or trash it...it just don't make me no never mind, if you get my drift.

I really enjoy helping the younger drivers out anytime I can!

Instead of blasting the airconditioner if you have one.
If you do that your jumping out to the real hot air,from a real cold cab,and its not very healthy.
Now this is my advice after doing city driving for a living in my 44th year now.

Not to be mean but I would like to hear 1 scientist that would agree with you on this statement.
Maybe you should have sprayed some Lysol in your tractor to eliminate some germs.
It is the germs that make you sick not the cold air.

OK thanks Doctor Aggressor.
What do I know?
Alls I know is I feel better jumping in,and out of my tractors doing my route,without going from a refrigerator,to a stove like condition,and I'm over 63 now.

The Doctor I had at that time claimed I got walking pneumonia from going back,and fourth between very hot,and real cold on my job.
It was a little while back,so maybe science has proved him wrong now?
I can only go by what these so called professionals tell me,when I go in to see them for any sickness I have.

I don't wholely trust doctors as it is.
A few of them were writing me off for throat cancer,about ten years ago.
I don't know to this day if I had it,but the power of prayer from my church made me well back then.

"Instead of blasting the airconditioner if you have one.
If you do that your jumping out to the real hot air,from a real cold cab,and its not very healthy."
I found this to be the case as well. When I ran P&D with an a/c truck, I'd leave the drivers window down and set a/c on cold 2nd or 3rd fan setting. With the vents in front of me turned away. That way I got a cool breeze moving thru the cab but it wasn't too cool. Actually was rather refreshing.

Down here in the desert you will melt without an A/C.Drink lots of water.I see that we will have a heat index today of 98-100 with an ambient temp. of 93 or so. Looks like I will be sweating my balls off on the dock this afternoon and evening,and it ain't even got to the hot part of the summer yet.You gotta love summer in the southwest!

cold drinks

Last summer our regional manager stated to me that anytime the temp is over 85 the TM is supposed to provide cold drinks. I'm just curious about what is going on at other terminals. I know that with the last terminal I worked at the TM always had two big tubs filled with water, gatorade and juice sitting in ice, and it was always cold. I don't know how it is there now since they have a new TM since I transferred out. Just curious if anybody else has heard about this rule.

Down here in the desert you will melt without an A/C.Drink lots of water.I see that we will have a heat index today of 98-100 with an ambient temp. of 93 or so. Looks like I will be sweating my balls off on the dock this afternoon and evening,and it ain't even got to the hot part of the summer yet.You gotta love summer in the southwest!

But i bet you sure enjoy the winters alot more than we do in the mid-west! LOL:1036316054:

I was looking for water yesterday at home terminal and fac, neither had any, temp was ~90 with high humidity.

But i bet you sure enjoy the winters alot more than we do in the mid-west! LOL:1036316054:

Oh yeah we only to drive on the ice a few times.My hat is off to you guys that have to drive in the blizzards.You don't make near enough as far as I'm concerned.

Oh yeah we only to drive on the ice a few times.My hat is off to you guys that have to drive in the blizzards.You don't make near enough as far as I'm concerned.
Thank you. It gets to be fun after a while. Driving on a curve with an empty on the back and watching it slowly slide in to a drift, Now thats fun.