XPO | Dealing with the heat

On P&D I usually have the A/C on midway and a window down. I don't like getting out of my truck and having my glasses fog up instantly. I keep my body acclumated to the temp with out having to fell like I stepped out of a cooler into a oven.
There is this one route that we have that it takes thirty minutes to get to and then it is a very short time out of the truck. I turn on the A/C then with the windows rolled up. Like I said I try to keep my body from getting to cool during the day.

Well heres one more trick I do when I'm doing my city route.

You all may say this old kute is totally off of his rocker.
He's in his 44th year driving truck,and he's really lost it.

Now that I've got that out of the way,here you go.

I turn the heater on in my day cab instead of the air-conditioner,for a short time before I get out of my truck,and no matter what the air temp., is outside I feel cool.

Now I only do this for the deliveries I'm making outside in the heat.

If I know I'm going into a building to deliver,I leave the heater off,and the right window down about a foot,with the left drivers window down all the way.

Of course I've got to have the windows closed,and both doors locked when I go inside to unload my trailer.

I bring Poland Springs spring water with me,and sip it all day.

Being an old gear jamming, steering wheel holder I've tryed a lot of things each summer,and as for me what I've just posted here works the best.

beating the heat

The way i beat the heat is by drinking 3 gallons of cold fluid daily while working.I drink 32 ounce of gatorade before i start work.Then while working i drink 1 quart of water every hour.When the supervisor bring us two 20 ounces of gatorade i drink those also.I make about 1000 stops daily lifting 2500 totes or more daily.Wearing loose light mesh clothing helps to get air through.If it a 100 degrees i dont even notices how hot it was until i watch the news later.

i opened the big jug of blue cool aid today to see if any mold was growing in it, like last year, and all i found was what looked like 5th wheel grease finger prints, inside on the lid.........did they change it over the week-end or just add some more ice buy water in a sealed bottles please....

i opened the big jug of blue cool aid today to see if any mold was growing in it, like last year, and all i found was what looked like 5th wheel grease finger prints, inside on the lid.........did they change it over the week-end or just add some more ice buy water in a sealed bottles please....

I'm sure Lord martin said fill it. gives you that fiber you need.