XPO | Dear Linehaul....

George

3rd rock from the sun
Credits
Can you please do us all a favor and realize that there are going to empty miles to end of the line terminals. Some terminals are consumption terminals and not production terminals. Send enough DSRs to cover their return freight. By viaing 15 out of 45 drivers into a reship and 22 of the same drivers out of the same reship there is no one there on time or for enough time to work the freight. Second, can we stop loading pups and pulling them 200 miles only to break them and loading 53 footers to go another 200 miles. Re handling freight the third time is just...... :duh:. I know I don't see the picture from 35,000 feet, but in my little snapshot a lot of this stuff doesn't make sense. Press on

Can you please do us all a favor and realize that there are going to empty miles to end of the line terminals. Some terminals are consumption terminals and not production terminals. Send enough DSRs to cover their return freight. By viaing 15 out of 45 drivers into a reship and 22 of the same drivers out of the same reship there is no one there on time or for enough time to work the freight. Second, can we stop loading pups and pulling them 200 miles only to break them and loading 53 footers to go another 200 miles. Re handling freight the third time is just...... :duh:. I know I don't see the picture from 35,000 feet, but in my little snapshot a lot of this stuff doesn't make sense. Press on

Excellent post......it will of course fall on deaf ears, but, excellent just the same.....

And then the powers that be will send out the WTF's on why didnt you guys close at 330am.

dear linehaul,plz pull your head out of your arse and quit looking through your bellybutton.Get a grip on reality and understand that most of your decisions are brainless.

And then the powers that be will send out the WTF's on why didnt you guys close at 330am.

Friday/Saturday at 3:30 AM in Newburgh, NY, pure pups were back-stripped and loaded into vans. Instead, we pulled trailers that could have made service sitting in XNW till Monday night line-haul. I also believe we pulled two empties home.

That same night, XAY drivers already hooked at Milton were forced to split their sets, put them back to the dock, and strip the pure pups to load vans.

Mind you, in both these scenarios we were loading vans to the west - which is our back-haul lane out here.

linehaul is the BIGGEST expence conway was..detter always said if conway could eliminate linehaul it would be gone in a second.....empty miles was there resonning for the outside carriers now we have are own big box company ..we will see more and more long boxes being loaded every night . only nextday freight will be on conway pups twoday freight and meet and turn freight will be on 53fteres hang on boys it is just the tip of the iceburg

I'm not a longbox fan but if we are to do it, let's do right. Get your act together earlier in the night, load the boxes as long as possible, once, correctly! Press on

I'm not a longbox fan but if we are to do it, let's do right. Get your act together earlier in the night, load the boxes as long as possible, once, correctly! Press on

I believe you will get no argument from any corner on that statement...I have 3 staff members staring down a barrel at me the past 2 weeks over that same issue...alot of waste...and I am pestering the hell out of linehaul right now...we will see how it plays out..

At XMI they are loading van pures to some of the western terminals now, instead of sending so much misc freight.

Friday/Saturday at 3:30 AM in Newburgh, NY, pure pups were back-stripped and loaded into vans. Instead, we pulled trailers that could have made service sitting in XNW till Monday night line-haul. I also believe we pulled two empties home.

That same night, XAY drivers already hooked at Milton were forced to split their sets, put them back to the dock, and strip the pure pups to load vans.

Mind you, in both these scenarios we were loading vans to the west - which is our back-haul lane out here.

I smell numbers!!!

Rat :loser:

Talked to hubby last night about this thread. He gave me a recounting of something that happened a few nights ago. It was so convoluted that I needed to write it down and then read over a few hundred times. Still scratching my head. Two drivers from 1 terminal take a trailer apiece to same place when there was another driver that..... sorry that's as far as I've gotten in the understanding stage.

Must be like putting point A on one side of a board, point B on on the other side and then instead of a straight line it goes all over the place? Maybe they need a radar like the air traffic controllers have, that'll keep the trucks from running over each other. Maybe. Then again there's OPERATOR TROUBLE so no radar will help.

trippin

I am constantly stripping pure LSX pups or LTU through loads to load on vans just so linehaul can cancel the LDA or LSX vans so I can reload the pups. Last night a new one on me....had a 90% high and tight LDA van loaded on a CFI van, when the fos came to me and said linehaul changed carriers, had to swing van to CRST van. I touch the same freight 3 to 4 times a night. I've been with Con-way 7 years-got bumped to dock-lost 50% of pay to work over double the dock hrs....not complaining.....but just wish someone would explain this BIG PICTURE everyone keeps talking about. Not saving any money here.....

I am constantly stripping pure LSX pups or LTU through loads to load on vans just so linehaul can cancel the LDA or LSX vans so I can reload the pups. Last night a new one on me....had a 90% high and tight LDA van loaded on a CFI van, when the fos came to me and said linehaul changed carriers, had to swing van to CRST van.

I have had this situation happen before to me. It is your fac coordinator not paying attention to the bookings. Every so often they get switched because cfi cant cover it. Usually bookings are done in the middle of the afternoon.