SAIA | Decision making day

You must remember ABFer is a Teamsters and they get free healthcare. They also will receive a pension. But because we get a 6% match on our 401K and we make more hourly we should just consider it a wash. There are pros and cons to both so it's just a matter with coming with the gal that brung ya. ABF is no place for a new hire. A new hire would be better served here IMO.

Train, you gotta remember the 35yrs I worked, Teamsters paid higher wages, we
never paid a dime for insurance for you or family.
Most I paid for dues was $28 a month.

Train, you gotta remember the 35yrs I worked, Teamsters paid higher wages, we
never paid a dime for insurance for you or family.
Most I paid for dues was $28 a month.
The glory days of the Teamsters are long gone. What remains is a shadow of its former self. In today's world it's every man for himself. If nothing else the Teamsters should have taught you that when they sold YRC out. No backbone or guts is just one of the many reasons for the Teamsters downfall in the LTL market. They will never gain another major LTL PLAYER as I've stated years ago. FedEx proved that recently with the decertification. You have the glory days. But nothing more.

Last edited:
Tea
You must remember ABFer is a Teamsters and they get free healthcare. They also will receive a pension. But because we get a 6% match on our 401K and we make more hourly we should just consider it a wash. There are pros and cons to both so it's just a matter with coming with the gal that brung ya. ABF is no place for a new hire. A new hire would be better served here IMO.
Teamsters get insurance at no cost to them, it is not free.

What world are you living in?? They don’t owe you insurance, it’s a benefit. You don’t have to accept it either. I get mine free but my wife isn’t covered because her government job offers it,.....at a cost. Put the tub of glue down. No more huffing. Seriously. Quit. You’ll get better.
We teamsters don't pay for our insurance,It's 100% employer paid .we only pay for 5 dollars per percription and 10 bucks for a doctor's visit.Most insurance has
The glory days of the Teamsters are long gone. What remains is a shadow of its former self. In today's world it's every man for himself. If nothing else the Teamsters should have taught you that when they sold YRC out. No backbone or guts is just one of the many reasons for the Teamsters downfall in the LTL market. They will never gain another major LTL PLAYER as I've stated years ago. FedEx proved that recently with the decertification. You have the glory days. But nothing more.
We voted,and We accepted the consequences.No one forced any thing down our throats.We live to fight another day .If it was all about money 90% would have been gone long ago.

You may need to rethink that, nothing more, might not ever draw another one, but so far, i've not missed a check from CS
in 27yrs, I owe the Teamsters for that.
As for the glory days, you will never enjoy what we had.

You may need to rethink that, nothing more, might not ever draw another one, but so far, i've not missed a check from CS
in 27yrs, I owe the Teamsters for that.
As for the glory days, you will never enjoy what we had.
I will never enjoy what you had and neither will anyone else except the old timers that have retired. We are in 2017 and times change. The Teamsters didn't evolve and that's why they are in the position they are today. Like I said .... all you have are "the glory days." Reminds me of that great Bruce Springsteen song.

I will never enjoy what you had and neither will anyone else except the old timers that have retired. We are in 2017 and times change. The Teamsters didn't evolve and that's why they are in the position they are today. Like I said .... all you have are "the glory days." Reminds me of that great Bruce Springsteen song.

Won't argue with you Train, we got the best years of trucking years ago.

He took the midnight train to Georgia,That's Johns Creek Georgia.
The Train is staying low until it's time to go. I'd like to retire in late March on my birthday but as we all should know there are no guarantees. The company decides who stays or goes. Either way it's been a fun ride and overall this is the best LTL company I have ever worked for. This company truly sets the bar in excellence. Not perfect but damn close. I work with a great group of guys and the dispatchers are some of the best I've ever known. I will miss this place but the body is telling me its about time. And I'm listening and ready to go.

The Train is staying low until it's time to go. I'd like to retire in late March on my birthday but as we all should know there are no guarantees. The company decides who stays or goes. Either way it's been a fun ride and overall this is the best LTL company I have ever worked for. This company truly sets the bar in excellence. Not perfect but damn close. I work with a great group of guys and the dispatchers are some of the best I've ever known. I will miss this place but the body is telling me its about time. And I'm listening.
I trust you’ve already done the paper/online work to start your retirement as it takes a while to go thru.

I trust you’ve already done the paper/online work to start your retirement as it takes a while to go thru.
Yes for the most part. Since I'm retiring at 63 Social Security and Medicare doesn't come into play. I will live off my IRA and other investments. Since I'm debt free I'm in good shape since I have always lived modestly. My wife ( 7 years younger) will continue to work and add me to her healthcare policy and I will wait until I'm eligible for Medicare then start drawing my Social Security. That's the plan but then I could die tomorrow which is just one of the reasons I'm going at 63. As I've stated previously there are no guarantees in this life. We will all die someday although many like to think they will live forever. I know better and try to live my life in such a way that I leave this earth with a clear perspective. A faithful husband and dedicated father. Many can't say that in these uncertain times. In final analysis the only thing that truly matters is family.

Last edited:
The Train is staying low until it's time to go. I'd like to retire in late March on my birthday but as we all should know there are no guarantees. The company decides who stays or goes. Either way it's been a fun ride and overall this is the best LTL company I have ever worked for. This company truly sets the bar in excellence. Not perfect but damn close. I work with a great group of guys and the dispatchers are some of the best I've ever known. I will miss this place but the body is telling me its about time. And I'm listening and ready to go.

Hope you are not pulling this laying low crap to avoid sending me a Christmas present!
I'm in pretty bad shape, I'm overcome by the outcome of my income.

Hope you are not pulling this laying low crap to avoid sending me a Christmas present!
I'm getting conflicting reports on whether you have been naughty or nice. Rudolph said he observed you pissing on an elf because he refused to sign a card.

Just received an update from Santa telling me Rudolph has been spreading vicious rumors. From what I hear Rudolph is "salt" and Santa demoted him from lead raindear because of his poor attitude. You can expect your fruitcake in the mail very shortly.

IcyuGxn.jpg