TForce | Defective Equipment

truckingted

TB Lurker
Credits
We have a unit at our barn with computer problems. Its a 2003 Volvo. It skips and has no pulling power at all when it gets in a bind. They give it to me a couple of weeks ago and I called central and told them what the truck was doing and that I was taking it back to the terminal to get another truck. Has anybody else had similar problems? The tm says one of us road drivers will have to take this unit to nearest shop. In my opinion this unit needs to be towed to the nearest shop and is not safe to drive on a busy interstate. Any feedback would be helpful.

If the problems have been documented in the units VCR book I would refuse to drive it. Article 15 sec1, "Company shall not require employees to take out on the streets or highways any vehicle that is not in safe operating conditions" sec2, "Under no circumstances will an employee be required or assigned to engage in any activity involving dangerous conditions of work", Sec4, Company shall not ask or require any employee to take out equipment that has been reported on a VCR as being in an unsafe operating condition"

real simple take down the road a few miles call a wrecker to get it where it has to go. might set you back few hours but make sure your at a nice dinner while you wait for new tractor. with breakdown hourly pay it should pay your meal.

..my Volvo has used water since it was new..they(Volvo) have put heads on it,worked on it..to no avail..so I keep ck on it and drive it...it did have a computer problem one trip and the ecm was changed...have someone call Clt shop they have a unit doing about the same thing as yours...dang nice trucks to be having these kind of cliches...but the early 1700 series had a ton of issues also...you just need someone that will take the time to diagnose the problem...

If there is something safety related wrong with the equipment don't move it an inch we all need to grow some balls and stand up for our selves we are protected through the contract WE are the union TAKE A STANCE MAN!

We have a unit at our barn with computer problems. Its a 2003 Volvo. It skips and has no pulling power at all when it gets in a bind. They give it to me a couple of weeks ago and I called central and told them what the truck was doing and that I was taking it back to the terminal to get another truck. Has anybody else had similar problems? The tm says one of us road drivers will have to take this unit to nearest shop. In my opinion this unit needs to be towed to the nearest shop and is not safe to drive on a busy interstate. Any feedback would be helpful.

I have had this problem, come to find out it was related to emissions, in combination with the computer, we pulled the pos. off the battery, reconected, it ran good, brought to the shop, replaced both emission valves, damn thing run ballz.

I have had this problem, come to find out it was related to emissions, in combination with the computer, we pulled the pos. off the battery, reconected, it ran good, brought to the shop, replaced both emission valves, damn thing run ballz.

Those darn chicken choker restrictor valves. Happens all the time.:biglaugh:

Are you sure it is skipping? We had an '02 once that would feel like it was skipping, but it was really trying to jump speed. About 15-20mph over the governor is what it would do once it jumped.

Check with your steward, but driveability issues are not always classified as "unsafe". I hope you are correct, because I wouldn't drive it either, but management is sticky on language.

..well just got mine back again...seems the grass burner has a water cooler in it and it was leaking water into the exhaust...so we will see..

If the problems have been documented in the units VCR book I would refuse to drive it. Article 15 sec1, "Company shall not require employees to take out on the streets or highways any vehicle that is not in safe operating conditions" sec2, "Under no circumstances will an employee be required or assigned to engage in any activity involving dangerous conditions of work", Sec4, Company shall not ask or require any employee to take out equipment that has been reported on a VCR as being in an unsafe operating condition"

10-4 on the refusal to drive, if you get sent home, call the hall and grieve it.