Yellow | Deregulation

great article...very humbling...you know, the other day I had a young whipper snapper insurance salesman told me how much he could save me on insurance...I told him that while I appreciated his spunk and enthusiasm, I'd had my insurance with "Old Joe" for years..and hey, Joe's gotta eat too..so saving $300/yr (if that) ain't that big of a deal to me..
oh, well....

great article...very humbling...you know, the other day I had a young whipper snapper insurance salesman told me how much he could save me on insurance...I told him that while I appreciated his spunk and enthusiasm, I'd had my insurance with "Old Joe" for years..and hey, Joe's gotta eat too..so saving $300/yr (if that) ain't that big of a deal to me..
oh, well....
Max profit at all costs has created the “China Syndrome” enriched a few at the expense of the masses! We finally hit the point where we exported so many jobs the population here can’t afford to by the imported ::shit::! Go buy yourself a home or pickup these days without a middle class job!

So, post war America dramatically increased its industrial efficiency by building out its interstate highway system, slashing regulation, and relentlessly pursuing technological innovation all while pitting its own labor force against impoverished workers abroad. And those at the bottom never questioned why their share of the pie kept getting smaller, and smaller. Could it be that certain mass media outlets exist to counter the ambitions of labor by promoting ideas that appeal to the intuitions of the working class, though in practice only inhibit their ability to demand a greater share?

I always found it hard to believe a company from the United States could go to a foreign country and do what get them put in prison here! Violating human rights and environmental laws with impunity and bringing the end product here to sell!! Everyone arguing R vs. D while the middle class was *****!

Its sad that we demand the cheapest labor and the cheapest source for goods. I remember my neighbor was a union meat cutter at the grocery store and made $25hr in 1980s. Now its all Mexicans and Somalians making $8hr. It makes me sick.

Its sad that we demand the cheapest labor and the cheapest source for goods. I remember my neighbor was a union meat cutter at the grocery store and made $25hr in 1980s. Now its all Mexicans and Somalians making $8hr. It makes me sick.
The problem behind all of this, is the central banking system that has a stranglehold on every working person

I thought DEMOCRATS were pro labor.

That is one of the media's greatest lies.

The Kennedy's put Hoffa Sr in Jail
Jimmy Carter deregulated Trucking and the airline industries along with a Democrat House & Senate
Bill Clinton signed NAFTA with a Democrat House & Senate, also gave China Most Favored Nations status. Clinton also ended GATT the General Agreement on Tariffs & Trade which flooded America with cheap China products
Obama on Labor Day 2008 promised to renegotiate NAFTA, he did nothing close. Obama did allow Mexican truckers into the USA to move products previously hauled by US citizens
In Obama's final months Obama/Biden pushed for TPP or Trans Pacific Partnership which would have send another 6 to 8 million jobs to China
No humans lie more than Democrats yet unions support them with their members $$$$

That is one of the media's greatest lies.

The Kennedy's put Hoffa Sr in Jail
Jimmy Carter deregulated Trucking and the airline industries along with a Democrat House & Senate
Bill Clinton signed NAFTA with a Democrat House & Senate, also gave China Most Favored Nations status. Clinton also ended GATT the General Agreement on Tariffs & Trade which flooded America with cheap China products
Obama on Labor Day 2008 promised to renegotiate NAFTA, he did nothing close. Obama did allow Mexican truckers into the USA to move products previously hauled by US citizens
In Obama's final months Obama/Biden pushed for TPP or Trans Pacific Partnership which would have send another 6 to 8 million jobs to China
No humans lie more than Democrats yet unions support them with their members $$$$

Without historical context these trade and regulatory decisions appear as stark contradictions in fundamental values for Democrats. But, what has been completely lost and forgotten is the villain of the times – inflation. If you read the 1976 National Political Party Platforms in particular, you can see just how preoccupied, and concerned politicians were with inflation, and its effects on ordinary citizens. Republicans blamed inflation on Democrats for overspending, and Democrats blamed Republicans for inflation as a result of poor monetary policy, but both agreed that inflation was causing great harm to the economy, and would be a deciding factor in which party would chosen to lead the country in the future. That’s why I don’t think these policies were in any way a concerted effort by Democrats to undermine labor in this country, so much as it was a desire by the Democratic party to claim victory over inflation.

Without historical context these trade and regulatory decisions appear as stark contradictions in fundamental values for Democrats. But, what has been completely lost and forgotten is the villain of the times – inflation. If you read the 1976 National Political Party Platforms in particular, you can see just how preoccupied, and concerned politicians were with inflation, and its effects on ordinary citizens. Republicans blamed inflation on Democrats for overspending, and Democrats blamed Republicans for inflation as a result of poor monetary policy, but both agreed that inflation was causing great harm to the economy, and would be a deciding factor in which party would chosen to lead the country in the future. That’s why I don’t think these policies were in any way a concerted effort by Democrats to undermine labor in this country, so much as it was a desire by the Democratic party to claim victory over inflation.

I recall my father showing me 20+% interest rate on bond investments at the peak of that inflationary cycle. Crazy times.

I recall my father showing me 20+% interest rate on bond investments at the peak of that inflationary cycle. Crazy times.
I remember the eighties real well. 18% interest when I didn't have two nickles to rub together. Now that I have a buck or two to invest, I would have to live to be two thousand years old to make any money on a CD.

Old news. No wonder You're a republican. That happened 40 years ago. Can I at Least get a fresh argument out of You?
Another personal attack. New argument, Jimmy Hoffa applied for tarp money to bail out CSPF, Obama had 7 years to help Teamsters. He signed Kline-Miller MPRA act, under the pretense it was attached to critical legislation. BIDEN, OBAMA, the DEMOCRATS had a year after that to overturn it. They didn't make an effort.

I remember the eighties real well. 18% interest when I didn't have two nickles to rub together. Now that I have a buck or two to invest, I would have to live to be two thousand years old to make any money on a CD.
You must be stupid, 18% interest killed the building trades, housing, any industry that depended on borrowed money. Obviously you didn't remember the misery index.

So the Democrats didn't do enough to stop the Republicans so therefore you vote Republican?

Leaving Parties out of it: so because the liberals didn't do enough to stop the conservatives therefore you're voting conservative?

Truck diver logic.

TradeNAFTAVotesLabel.jpg

Democrats overwhelmingly opposed NAFTA.

You know what Republicans have overwelmingly opposed?

Social Security
Medicare
Overtime Pay
Minimum Wage Laws
Child Labor Laws
A 40 hour work week
Sick pay
Healthcare Insurance Reform
Overtime pay
Unemployment Insurance
Tort law (your right to sue your employer)
Your right to join a Labor Union
Civil Rights
Voting Rights
Progressive taxation
etc.

TradeNAFTAVotesLabel.jpg

Democrats overwhelmingly opposed NAFTA.

You know what Republicans have overwelmingly opposed?

Social Security
Medicare
Overtime Pay
Minimum Wage Laws
Child Labor Laws
A 40 hour work week
Sick pay
Healthcare Insurance Reform
Overtime pay
Unemployment Insurance
Tort law (your right to sue your employer)
Your right to join a Labor Union
Civil Rights
Voting Rights
Progressive taxation
etc.
THE THING YOU DON"T MENTION. WHEN obama and clinton OWNED THE SENATE AND THE HOUSE. THEY DID NOTHING FOR LABOR. IT IS EASY TO VOTE LABOR, WHEN YOU KNOW A BILL HAS NO CHANCE TO PASS.