ABF | Destination Bids

nightowl

TB Veteran
PREMIUM
Credits
With the new destination turn bids in the Southern Conference, does anyone know if you can VIA past your bid point then hit your bid point on the way back, or do you have to hit your bid point first? Also if you VIA past your bid point and then come back without hitting your bid point, would this be a violation to the extra board?
Thanks

With the new destination turn bids in the Southern Conference, does anyone know if you can VIA past your bid point then hit your bid point on the way back, or do you have to hit your bid point first? Also if you VIA past your bid point and then come back without hitting your bid point, would this be a violation to the extra board?
Thanks
You can via past your bid point then come back to your bid point and go to bed. You do not have to stop at your bid point first but you must go to bed at your bid point. That would not be a violation of the extra board. Here is the money (violating) part, you must go to bed at your bid point. No exception. But if you don't (can't) you get paid the miles to your bid point and when you wake up you are on the extra board. Also, look up the new language in article 50, if it is the companies fault you get paid all bed time.

You can via past your bid point then come back to your bid point and go to bed. You do not have to stop at your bid point first but you must go to bed at your bid point. That would not be a violation of the extra board. Here is the money (violating) part, you must go to bed at your bid point. No exception. But if you don't (can't) you get paid the miles to your bid point and when you wake up you are on the extra board. Also, look up the new language in article 50, if it is the companies fault you get paid all bed time.
I’m talking about the new turn destinations and if you don’t hit your bid point coming home....

I’m talking about the new turn destinations and if you don’t hit your bid point coming home....
We only had non-destination turn bids one contract (2013-2018) and my understanding is we are going back to the rules that where in place prior to 2013. I have heard nothing different. What have you heard?

Are you asking if you leave Orlando on a West Palm turn bid, but you via Miami first, then West Palm, then to Orlando? That is not a violation in the southern conference. Not unless you have some MOU (memoranda of understanding) with your local union regarding this issue.

If you don't actually hit your bid point I don't know what happens. It is a broken bid but I don't remember that ever happening. Say you are on an Orlando to West Palm turn bid and Orlando sends you to Miami, then Miami sends you back to Orlando, I think I would ask for that pay plus the pay from Orlando to West Palm to Orlando and let the union and the company figure it out. But that is me and I always put in for the most money I can figure out how to get.

Are you asking if you leave Orlando on a West Palm turn bid, but you via Miami first, then West Palm, then to Orlando? That is not a violation in the southern conference. Not unless you have some MOU (memoranda of understanding) with your local union regarding this issue.[/QUOTE
Ive only been here since 2014 so I don’t know how it was before, but everyone seems to think something different.
Everybody seems to think something different. I was just trying to see how other terminals did it....

at least 2 times a week I go by the shuttered terminal in west palm beach (Riviera beach) and I see a set sitting out front looking at a now sub leased terminal. abf sign still up. I take it that the higher ups didn't bother to relay info. that the place is shut down.

at least 2 times a week I go by the shuttered terminal in west palm beach (Riviera beach) and I see a set sitting out front looking at a now sub leased terminal. abf sign still up. I take it that the higher ups didn't bother to relay info. that the place is shut down.
Yeah, it’s been shut down for a few years now. They moved to Delray Beach, but some guys still say “West Palm. Depending on what time you go by there, the set you see sitting there is one of our drivers who stops by whenever he can to feed the stray cats. He’s been feeding them for years....

Nightowl, have you been hearing anything about a change of operations that is coming before November? I was told by 4 different people last night that a major change is coming soon and that Atlanta will be getting some longer runs by November. Specifically, I was told we would be laying over in Shreveport by November and tuning Jacksonville and Pensacola on a regular bases (from the extra board) and looking at a Miami layrun soon. One of the guys I talked to said this was brought up at the union meeting (I missed it) and the BA said it is coming to better utilize the 65mph trucks.

Nightowl, have you been hearing anything about a change of operations that is coming before November? I was told by 4 different people last night that a major change is coming soon and that Atlanta will be getting some longer runs by November. Specifically, I was told we would be laying over in Shreveport by November and tuning Jacksonville and Pensacola on a regular bases (from the extra board) and looking at a Miami layrun soon. One of the guys I talked to said this was brought up at the union meeting (I missed it) and the BA said it is coming to better utilize the 65mph trucks.
Haven’t really heard anything but some rumors. Our BA has said he hasn’t heard anything yet either. Good luck on that Miami lay down, they can’t find hotel rooms down there now. I know a few years back I was in there and an Atlanta guy came in and they bobtailed him back to Ft. Lauderdale in rush hour traffic. I know our TM has been at the Fort all week so who knows. There’s nothing we can about it anyways....

Haven’t really heard anything but some rumors. Our BA has said he hasn’t heard anything yet either. Good luck on that Miami lay down, they can’t find hotel rooms down there now. I know a few years back I was in there and an Atlanta guy came in and they bobtailed him back to Ft. Lauderdale in rush hour traffic. I know our TM has been at the Fort all week so who knows. There’s nothing we can about it anyways....
I'm watching to see how Jackson (059) handles it if we bypass them and bid Shreveport. That may give us some options. Thanks for the tip on motel rooms in Miami. Be safe