Yellow | Deutsche Bank: YRC Worldwide's Q4 Takes Back-Seat to Long-Term Changes

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
In a research report published earlier today by Deutsche Bank, YRC Worldwide Inc. (NASDAQ: YRCW [FREE Stock Trend Analysis])is attempting to streamline operations and improve its cost structure.

According to Deutsche Bank, “YRCW plans to continue streamlining its service offerings in 2012 by selling off surplus assets and focusing on its core competencies (YRC Freight and Regional). YRC Freight will focus on the 2-5 day transit lines (or a roughly 500-3,500 mile length of haul [LOH]), while Regional will move mostly shorter LOH shipments (1-2 days). The new approach appears to be driving increased network density with tons/day up 6.8% y/y at YRC Freight and up 4.7% y/y at Regional in Q4 2011. YRCW will need to continue to strengthen its service proposition and manage cost across its two networks to drive needed margin expansion. We expect the company to continue to divest non-core operations and facilities to improve liquidity and better streamline operations.”

Deutsche Bank maintains its Hold rating on YRC Worldwide, which closed Friday at $8.64.

Read more: Deutsche Bank: YRC Worldwide's Q4 Takes Back-Seat to Long-Term Changes | Benzinga

Could it be that the top management at YRCW is finally showing some leadership and trying to move the company in a direction that actually makes sense? Let`s hope so. After 4 or 5 years of their questionable policies,I don`t want to get my hopes up too high just yet.

Could it be that the top management at YRCW is finally showing some leadership and trying to move the company in a direction that actually makes sense? Let`s hope so. After 4 or 5 years of their questionable policies,I don`t want to get my hopes up too high just yet.
Could be that Billy Z had lost all credibility with the lenders as well as the IBT. Welsh is actually making sense instead of re-arranging the chairs on the Titanic and trying to
spin it. To paraphrase an old saying, "If the banks are happy, everyone is happy".*

*except for the doom and gloomers. Your actual mileage may vary

Could be that Billy Z had lost all credibility with the lenders as well as the IBT. Welsh is actually making sense instead of re-arranging the chairs on the Titanic and trying to
spin it. To paraphrase an old saying, "If the banks are happy, everyone is happy".*

*except for the doom and gloomers. Your actual mileage may vary

That is the problem, the banks are not happy... hence the plummeting stock price. They said in the filing with the quarterly results that the were not going to be able to hit the mile stones set in the asset based loan, and they were going to have to ask for either renegotiation or for exemptions. I really hope that welch can turn this ship around, we all have alot invested,.

Deutsche Bank that was behind the DHL Airborne Express buy-out that flopped? UPS and FedEx wouldn't let them in. DHL has been trying to get back into the US market since. Maybe they got their eye on YRC and want another shot at UPS/FedEx
3223863195_0c870708b7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe don't start that again, DHL is/was the German post office, Deutsche is german for german. Deutsche Bank is a german bank is all.

Hey Wrench I remember that episode but for giggles I looked up Deutsche Bank and also found something called Deustsche Postbank....which seems to be a subsidiary of DHL at sometime...and it looks like the are heavily into each other...man my head was swimming after just a couple of minutes.

So your saying Yellow Corporation didn't borrow the money from DHL to buy Roadway Corporation?!!

Deutsche Bank that was behind the DHL Airborne Express buy-out that flopped? UPS and FedEx wouldn't let them in. DHL has been trying to get back into the US market since. Maybe they got their eye on YRC and want another shot at UPS/FedEx
3223863195_0c870708b7.jpg

DHL is still in the US market moving international packages,...

AND, Last year they purchased East Moline based Standard Forwarding which is a mid west reginal LTL carrier,...

http://www.ttnews.com/articles/basetemplate.aspx?storyid=26868

Pennsylvania Deutsche was going to provide the financing till someone put the hex on the deal. :hide:
Pennsylvania Deutsche?
Oh Goodie! That means that Da "Amish" Gudfatter! Vito Corolinihoffer (Auch!) will now get in "DA ACT"!!!
Sorry but there is no Luka Brazzi! Just Jebidih the inforcer! Cross the "Gudfatter" and he will run you through a manure spreader out on the back 40! Low and behold! No more problem!

Hey Wrench I remember that episode but for giggles I looked up Deutsche Bank and also found something called Deustsche Postbank....which seems to be a subsidiary of DHL at sometime...and it looks like the are heavily into each other...man my head was swimming after just a couple of minutes.

duustch post bank owns dhl they are load wit cas...dhl is bigger then ups at least a few years back and yes dhl was back 8 or 9 years i think it was going to buy yrcw the accounting firm(looking a yrcw books) some guys go tbusted for insider trading

Deustsche Postbank and Deustsche Bank are 2 different banks the smaller Postbank was started by Deustsche Post with their extra money, they make UPS look small if you look at the world market and amount of equipment worldwide.