FedEx Freight | Did FEDEX do it right or did they do it wrong on the merger?

Did FEDEX do it right or did they do it wrong on the merger?

• They did it right

Votes: 62 37.1%
  • They did it wrong

Votes: 72 43.1%
  • Just be thankful you have a job

Votes: 33 19.8%

• Total voters
They should have made watkins/national, all FedEx Freight in the first place when they bough them. They should have NEVER started National.

Fedex hires too many people when they shouldn't of in the first place. and then we're supposed to "merge" with national. I think the "merge" is another way to say start looking for another job. The company is shady and are always saying that everything will be for the good and we'll be getting more freight to move. but i honestly don't see that happening. Everyday theres a new rule or new regulation. Drivers and dock workers are getting our hours cut badly. and Management could give a rats ass because their driving their benz and they got their families at home tucked in tight. I know this seems like a bunch of angry words, but it is true. Management keeps telling everybody that everything will be okay. Everybody will see how everythings going to be a "smooth merge" when terminals are shut down. There will be many without a job. sucks to say.

Is there a right way to do something like this ? If there was a way to do this that would have made everybody happy, I'll bet the folks in Memphis would like to know about it.

A good place to cut costs would have been to eliminate the 10 million dollars spent on FedEx Cup Golf and the 5-6 million spent on the NASCAR operation. I think
they might be into tennis also, but I'm not quite sure. Do they really need a FedEx field?

What do these things have to do with the LTL sector of FedEx Making money. FedEx is making a profit. I'm sure Ground and Express are a little tired paying our bills.

they messed up in the very beginning, when they bought viking there should have been a new start date implemented then when they bought af another then with watkins another. viking was here first as they should have seniority they were the first fed ex freight. it is not right to buy another company with different seniority policy and use them later. what if fedex bought saia their policy is to carry road driver seniorty with you when you transfer barn to barn. we at af didnt do it that way so if we continue this same policy we could get bumped by a driver with less overall road seniority only because we had to move and ours had to start all over again.

they messed up in the very beginning, when they bought viking there should have been a new start date implemented then when they bought af another then with watkins another. viking was here first as they should have seniority they were the first fed ex freight. it is not right to buy another company with different seniority policy and use them later. what if fedex bought saia their policy is to carry road driver seniorty with you when you transfer barn to barn. we at af didnt do it that way so if we continue this same policy we could get bumped by a driver with less overall road seniority only because we had to move and ours had to start all over again.
YUP thts what alott of folks are doing starting over that is>>

What do these things have to do with the LTL sector of FedEx Making money. FedEx is making a profit. I'm sure Ground and Express are a little tired paying our bills.

Are you coherent or just out of touch with reality? That's a boatload of money going out the door that doesn't have to. You need to check your numbers before you just take shots in the dark.
Informed.jpg

Are you coherent or just out of touch with reality? That's a boatload of money going out the door that doesn't have to. You need to check your numbers before you just take shots in the dark.
Informed.jpg

NEW YORK — FedEx Corp. indicated Thursday that the global economic recovery remains uneven. While strength in international shipments is boosting net income, FedEx is cutting 1,700 jobs in its U.S. freight business to offset losses there.

The world's second-largest package delivery company did raise its financial outlook after as it said first-quarter net income doubled. But projections for the second quarter and full year fell shy of Wall Street expectations. FedEx shares dropped almost 4 percent.

International air shipments have driven FedEx's results for more than a year; international revenue rose 24 percent in the quarter ended Aug. 31. But while FedEx earned $380 million in the first quarter, the FedEx Freight segment lost $16 million and has been unprofitable for four straight quarters.

The unit moves large items like refrigerators and other large appliances from factories to retailers and competes with other large trucking companies such as Arkansas Best and YRC Worldwide, which runs trucks under the Yellow, Roadway and New Penn names. Sluggish demand, combined with the heated competition in this segment of the U.S. shipping market, has forced FedEx to forgo the rate increases that are helping its other segments grow.

The freight unit, started in 2001, is separate from FedEx Ground, which trucks packages directly to consumers.

FedEx will combine its FedEx Freight and FedEx National less-than-truckload operations on Jan. 30 and close 100, or 20 percent, of its service centers. The 1,700 job cuts represent about 5 percent of the freight division's workers. Overall, FedEx has about 280,000 employees.

FedEx says the move, along with other cost cuts, will ensure the freight business is profitable next year. Less-than-truckload shippers take goods from many different manufacturers and consolidate them into a single truck for delivery.

For the current quarter that ends in November, FedEx expects to earn between $1.15 and $1.35 per share. Analysts were expecting $1.36 per share.

No shot in the dark. Now you tell me how FedEx advertising has anything to do with LTL Freight loosing money. If FedEx did not spend the "boatload of money" you speak of, The LTL segment would still have lost 16 millon last guarter.

Seems to me they are doing this in the best way they can. Plenty of notice. chance to fallow the work. And a big check at the end if you end up out on the street. Way above what the law calls for under warn act. FedEx seems to at least trying to give a ::shit:: somewhat

Seems to me they are doing this in the best way they can. Plenty of notice. chance to fallow the work. And a big check at the end if you end up out on the street. Way above what the law calls for under warn act. FedEx seems to at least trying to give a ::shit:: somewhat
yes .... Its a lot better than going to the bank on friday with your check .... and it bounces