Did you know Japan,not Alaska is the snowiest place on earth.

Really? I didnt see one city listed from N.Eastern Wisconsin. We had over 100" last year. I'm running out of places to put the snow from my driveway. i blow it out into the street and the damn plow driver puts it back :LMAO:

Really? I didnt see one city listed from N.Eastern Wisconsin. We had over 100" last year. I'm running out of places to put the snow from my driveway. i blow it out into the street and the damn plow driver puts it back :LMAO:

When I was a kid we lived in Philadelphia one winter. It started snowing one night, and the next morning you could walk out the upstairs bedroom windows onto the snow that drifted against the back of the building we lived in. The cars out front were only evident by the bumps in the snow.

My dad was in the Navy and had to report for duty that morning. He went out and shoveled the snow away from the car, and made a path to the street.

Then he came into the apartment for one last cup of coffee and a smoke.

Meanwhile, the snowplow came along and buried the car and wiped out the path he had made to the street.

I learned a few new words that morning.

when someone like me HATES, snow, cold, ice.....

i'm so happy to hear that some other location has more snow than i could ever, ever want to ever see......

I have always liked the fluffy white stuff. And when I learned to snow ski I liked it even more!

I have always liked the fluffy white stuff. And when I learned to snow ski I liked it even more!

i never even considered skiing.

i did have several relatives that looked oh so forward to the winter season and off they'd go to the ski resorts. one by one, those very same relatives, got away from skiing.

now, none of 'em ski anymore and strangely enough, none of 'em talk about it, anymore...like they just dropped the skiing like a very bad habit.

i never even considered skiing.

i did have several relatives that looked oh so forward to the winter season and off they'd go to the ski resorts. one by one, those very same relatives, got away from skiing.

now, none of 'em ski anymore and strangely enough, none of 'em talk about it, anymore...like they just dropped the skiing like a very bad habit.

I am self taught, been schussing down the slopes for about 35 years or so. Even went down to Utah, for the "greatest snow on Earth" at Alta which is skis only, no snowboards, and to Heavenly on the Southern shores of Lake Tahoe, a ski area that spans the Nevada/California border.

At one point I became obsessed with speed, and got up to 72 miles an hour.

That's moving right along on a pair of fiberglass planks.

Since the hip replacement I've dialed it back a notch or two. Now I ride the chairlift, have a nip of Jack Daniels or Crown Royal from the hip flask, and enjoy the snowy alpine view. At the top of the lift ride I hop off, and carve nice, easy turns all the way down to the bottom of the mountain, then take another leisurely ride to the top.

Life is good.

then please do enjoy what you like doing...
as for me, the safety of the recliner can at times be dangerous, especially when i sit in it and lean back fast..!!

then please do enjoy what you like doing...
as for me, the safety of the recliner can at times be dangerous, especially when i sit in it and lean back fast..!!

Wear your helmet.

recliner2.jpg

I worked for a ski resort, a lift opperator I tried snowboarding, got fairly good. Never went back after having babies...it was fun

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

For two weeks solid the passes had the chain law up.

You have my sympathies. Since that BS on Donner a couple years ago I only chain up if it is what it takes to get to somewhere that I can wait it out. CalTrans was making everyone chain up and it was bare and wet.

Ruined every tire chain I had.

Going to Denver I always have empties, with no weight to hold the tires down they spin like crazy, one set would have been completely ruined, but I had my chain tool. Should have seen the mechanics face when I asked for patch links..he was shocked that I would fix my own chains.