ABF | Did Your Local Provide Stewards With A Copy Of Contract? When Is Meeting?

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
Did your local business agent provide all stewards with a copy of the tentative agreement with your local supplements? Have they scheduled a meeting with members from your barn to discuss the terms of the agreement yet? I talked to a guy in Local 407, and he said their meeting probably won't be until Saturday, June 1! How about helping the ABF Teamsters make an informed vote? Call your local Teamster Business Agent today!

:wtflol:

this coming wed @ noon for the brothers working nights & next saturday @ 5pm. Kinda of sucks trying to gather people on a holiday weekend so we put it off after the holiday.

We had a meeting with our BA this morning. He handed out copies of the tentative agreement and our supplement. Still digesting all we talked about. This is a very important decision for ABF Teamsters and all freight Teamsters...

Did your local business agent provide all stewards with a copy of the tentative agreement with your local supplements? Have they scheduled a meeting with members from your barn to discuss the terms of the agreement yet? I talked to a guy in Local 407, and he said their meeting probably won't be until Saturday, June 1! How about helping the ABF Teamsters make an informed vote? Call your local Teamster Business Agent today!

:wtflol:

WHATS WRONG WITH YOU?????????
Why do you want him to pass it around
There's nothing to consider in the contract!
You want an "informed vote"
You saying that there might be something in there that you might like?
Do you need to read the toilet paper wrapper and its trademarks before wiping?
NO! Ya just wipe and flush WITHOUT
Looking at it.

Looking at it.

LMFAO I'm pissed all the locals endorsed this POS

Looking at it.
Maybe he wants to make his own decision, based on his situation and experiences. Just because you want to flush it without seeing it doesn't mean we all do, and it also doesn't mean we are all idiots for actually wanting to see it.

I have talked to a dozen people or so and they said there are some things they don't like in the tentative agreement but when you look at what jobs that are out there, the alternative doesn't look very appealing.

I have talked to a dozen people or so and they said there are some things they don't like in the tentative agreement but when you look at what jobs that are out there, the alternative doesn't look very appealing.

What do you think will hapen with a Yes or a NO vote? Tell me what your opinion is with each vote Thanks

What do you think will hapen with a Yes or a NO vote? Tell me what your opinion is with each vote Thanks
To be honest, I don't really know what will happen no matter which way the vote goes because it's hard to tell if the company and or the union is actually being honest with us about what they are telling us.

To be honest, I don't really know what will happen no matter which way the vote goes because it's hard to tell if the company and or the union is actually being honest with us about what they are telling us.

Thank you, I was just curious what your thoughts were. That is a honest answer

Question, the part about the recording devices. Don't we already have cameras in the terminal yards?

Our Meeting is Monday morning. I am trying to keep an open mind but the loss of local grievance procedure and the no callaboration disturbs me<

Our Meeting is Monday morning. I am trying to keep an open mind but the loss of local grievance procedure and the no callaboration disturbs me<

We had our meetings Wed., Thur., Fri., and Sat. and according to our B.A. there were no changes to the grievance procedure period. We were told Articles 7 and 8 would remain the same. Also, as Stoney said, be sure and ask about the new language on using video, audio, and tracking devices for disciplinary action (Article 26., Section 3.). The reference to "theft of company property or time" that was added to this Article can and will be used by ABF to put us all under the microscope. ABF would not have asked for this language to be added if they weren't planning on using it, and theft of company time could easily be used to thin the heard or single out an employee.

We had our meetings Wed., Thur., Fri., and Sat. and according to our B.A. there were no changes to the grievance procedure period. We were told Articles 7 and 8 would remain the same. Also, as Stoney said, be sure and ask about the new language on using video, audio, and tracking devices for disciplinary action (Article 26., Section 3.). The reference to "theft of company property or time" that was added to this Article can and will be used by ABF to put us all under the microscope. ABF would not have asked for this language to be added if they weren't planning on using it, and theft of company time could easily be used to thin the heard or single out an employee.

The use of video and audio is reason enough to vote this down, Hope you all have a good neck!!!!