Yellow | Did YRC just buy blackhawk TRUCKING in Canada ???

digger

TB Lurker
Credits
just heard from a driver that says YRC just bought blackhawk TRUCKING in Canada.I know its from a driver but he did say he got it from a reliable source.does anybody know anything about this?:27:

just heard from a driver that says YRC just bought blackhawk TRUCKING in Canada.I know its from a driver but he did say he got it from a reliable source.does anybody know anything about this?:27:

SSSSHHHHH. Don't tell anyone, but I hear we bought UPS and Fed Ex because I've seen their trucks in our yard too. Keep it quiet though, we don't want anyone to find out before the Teamsters give all of those concessions up. Ask your reliable source if he's ever heard of Purchase Transportation. But then again, if you've ever sat in our break room, all the fortune tellers there are still pounding freight and jamming gears because they all can predict the companies next moves but somehow can't figure out the winning lottery numbers. :Emoticon_digging: :GrowUp: :Poke: :LMAO: :tribehasspoken: :chairshot: :nutkick: :stirthepot: :1sm364jumpbed:

Getting back to the original post..............It may make sense.......I know for a fact they want to get rid of the dysfunctional Reimer operation. Stay tuned.......

Getting back to the original post..............It may make sense.......I know for a fact they want to get rid of the dysfunctional Reimer operation. Stay tuned.......
Reimer was the cream of Canadian carriers not too long ago, gee I wonder what happened?:duh::notworthy::6781:

Maybe the freight god Welch put some of his croanies in charge of Reimer.. Funny, they were the 2nd largest canadian carrier when Roadway bought them, and extremely profitable, kinda like New Penn, but now under Welch they are dysfunctional?? DO we see a trend here??

sorry to waste everyones time. a friend of mine said a driver told him this.I said I doubt it.but I would ask about it on trucking board for him.

sorry to waste everyones time. a friend of mine said a driver told him this.I said I doubt it.but I would ask about it on trucking board for him.

I'll tell you this much. I run Burnsville (347), MN. I speak to the Reimer team drivers. YRCF is no longer going to run them between Winnipeg and Burnsville. It will become a singleman lane. They will oppose the Burnsville singleman drivers. So much for service standards.
I looked for any reported acquisitions. There are none.

There is only one dysfunctional operation it's located in Kansas City. Every one of the operating subsidiaries is being run EXACTLY as YRCW wants it.

It only became dysfunctional about March of 2009. That's about when we merged operations and the Brain Trusts in K C decided to have a huge brain fart and decided to run our operation the old Yellow way, complete with choking off our long team runs that no other carrier could compete with, thereby losing 90% of that business, and forcing all of our 500 mile freight through a strainer called Buffalo. We get a lot of repeat business from customers looking for 3 day service out of Detroit and Pittsburgh, something we used to do overnight. For a company that accounted for about 33% of Roadways profits and turn dysfunctional overnight, you think would raise a lot of eyebrows. No not really, not when it is going just as planned by the people that are in charge. Some day I may even let you know how I really feel, right now isn't the right time.

Once again the blame buck has to pinned somewhere,, they cant nail it to Roadway since its all YFS management that sinking the Titanic.

.......I know for a fact they want to get rid of the dysfunctional Reimer operation, When roadway bought them and used them for the correct purpose its was a real winner.once we combined it went to hell .1st week we would ask why are you loading a riemer to florida and the answer was , mind your busness im doing what I was told .
any1 that was from the northeast or even down to Kernersville we would load 2 or 3 vans a day they would come drop hook and be gone .that's how they were meant to be used and it worked very well.

.......I know for a fact they want to get rid of the dysfunctional Reimer operation, When roadway bought them and used them for the correct purpose its was a real winner.once we combined it went to hell .1st week we would ask why are you loading a riemer to florida and the answer was , mind your busness im doing what I was told .
any1 that was from the northeast or even down to Kernersville we would load 2 or 3 vans a day they would come drop hook and be gone .that's how they were meant to be used and it worked very well.
Here's what we had going south out of Toronto daily. 3 teams a day going to Winston Salem with overflow through Buffalo with 3 or 4 day delivery to the whole southeast, Tuesday and Friday 1 or 2 teams running Dallas, Houston or El Paso depending on volumes guaranteed delivery friday for the early week departures and monday with the friday departures. Monday, tuesday,wednesday and friday 1 or 2 teams to Bloomington Ca with 4 day service to the southwest and 8 to 15 teams and singles to Chicago to cover west of the Mississippi and the northwest. We ran 8 to 14 trips a day to Buffalo and 3 to 6 trips a day to Toledo Oh with company trucks to cover the central and northeast and all overflow freight. Some of the southbound trips were empty so we could make sure service was met on the north bound freight. For the most part everything was seamless because the dispatchers in Canada were constantly in contact with the terminals where our freight flowed through to make sure they had equipment positioned to get the freight north of the border. Today we are lucky if we get 12 to 15 loads a day out of the entire U.S. and it all is bottlenecked and delayed because it all runs through Buffalo in some cases adding 2 or 3 days service to what our customers were accustomed to before the merge. It's a far cry from what we were used to but right along the same lines that the Yellow guys were used to. I find it sad that the company would allow 1 terminal to have total control over our inbound freight but i guess making sure Buffalo's numbers are bumped up is the only important thing. Our inbound freight sure looks good as we're rolling out of the gate and they're rolling in at 9 in the morning:duh: