XPO | Dimensioners

ConwayDSR

TB Lurker
Credits
Hum,
It looks like dimensioners are in our very near future. Our CEO stated that we are going to be getting them in his investor call today.

Dimensioners are weighing and volume measuring systems for measuring three-dimensional or cube-shaped objects such as packages, parcels, pallets, cartons and boxes.

Apparently Saia and YRC have them.

Ex:

They cost a ton of money, so I think they're only practical at hub-type terminals. It wouldn't make sense to install them everywhere. The W&I people still exist at my place, but I'm not sure what kind of impact those machines will have on manual W&I jobs in the future. I think they can just catch more with one of those than a person could running around with a tape measure.

Hum,
It looks like dimensioners are in our very near future. Our CEO stated that we are going to be getting them in his investor call today.
I'm kinda surprised you guys don't already have them at least somewhere in the system. It's the future!
Or something.

I think they make more money most of the time reclassifying freight rather than re dimensioning. I think the re dimming helps more on accurate cube and projections.

YRC has two in Kansas City and are installing a third one. Every shipment eventullly is checked. On top of correct weight and dimensions, it also helps sales in pricing new business.

That little blue box they were setting the freight in to be dimensioned is not nearly big enough for all the awkward long freight Conway/XPO picks up..

Hum,

Dimensioners are weighing and volume measuring systems for measuring three-dimensional or cube-shaped objects such as packages, parcels, pallets, cartons and boxes.

Apparently Saia and YRC have them.

Ex:

I'd count on it our new president is from sysco and sysco has them , along with paperless logs and the dumbest thing ever a pretrip checklist that is done with the handheld by scanning barcodes places on all points of the equipment the company wants inspected , you scan the barcode and have to wait a predetermined amount of time before the next barcode can be scanned , sysco driver told me it takes 18 min, and has to be done every time you break and build your set . (There going to be great in the winter)

I'd count on it our new president is from sysco and sysco has them , along with paperless logs and the dumbest thing ever a pretrip checklist that is done with the handheld by scanning barcodes places on all points of the equipment the company wants inspected , you scan the barcode and have to wait a predetermined amount of time before the next barcode can be scanned , sysco driver told me it takes 18 min, and has to be done every time you break and build your set . (There going to be great in the winter)

Better be a paid pre trip.

Here we are being told to hurry up and lower your dwell time. Get out the gate quickly.

This sounds even better than lean. Instead of a hand full of privileged drivers stealing time every day. We will all get to do it.

Imagine a customer with a double drop and hook. That's an hour and a half worth of inspections alone.