XPO | Dimensioners

Better be a paid pre trip.

Here we are being told to hurry up and lower your dwell time. Get out the gate quickly.

This sounds even better than lean. Instead of a hand full of privileged drivers stealing time every day. We will all get to do it.

Imagine a customer with a double drop and hook. That's an hour and a half worth of inspections alone.

Holy crap! I never even thought about the whole barcode ordeal!

Thats absolutely unreal but fantastic at the same time! Some of our drivers would really eat that up! It would be awesome except in the rain, freezing cold, and the snow.

I'd count on it our new president is from sysco and sysco has them , along with paperless logs and the dumbest thing ever a pretrip checklist that is done with the handheld by scanning barcodes places on all points of the equipment the company wants inspected , you scan the barcode and have to wait a predetermined amount of time before the next barcode can be scanned , sysco driver told me it takes 18 min, and has to be done every time you break and build your set . (There going to be great in the winter)

Someone should spread this.. I'd love to hear the old timers really going!

Holy crap! I never even thought about the whole barcode ordeal!

It would be awesome except in the rain, freezing cold, and the snow.
Well luckily there isn't any freight carriers that are up where it snows. Of course, there is no chance of so much snow building up around the fifth wheel that you can't even see the fifth wheel, let alone a little barcode to scan.
What a great idea.
{sarcasm}

So I bring this up on the dock, and again. I am an idiot. It's wonderful speaking with people so much brighter than myself.

Imagine. One tractor and one trailer. 18 minutes.

Now think about this. One tractor. Three trailers. Two dollies. Ummm..... anybody have a clue how many minutes that will equal ? At least 45 minutes, right ? Not to mention the actual act of hooking trips. You gotta be out of your mind.