Dip Pay

grocerythrower

TB Legend
Credits
Here is a brand new thread for all the managers to look at.

Let me tell you, DIP pay sucks, we got guys losing 7-15k over ABC, what were you thinking? We are the ones that do the actual labor, shouldn't we be paid well?

There once was a time when all the other foodservice companies were used as a stepping stone to get to Sysco, now we are middle of the pack, guys are leaving and looking, all because this company wants to save money through the backs of their actual workers, quit stepping over a 10 dollar bill to pick up a nickle, quit whining about idle time and scan %, focus on your people for God sake.

I am really about done here, when I got hired I thought I had made it to the best of the best in this line of work, not so much anymore, the other foodservice companies are looking pretty attractive right now, they love guys like me with experience and I can make more there.

I would rather kill my body at a place that pays me well and appreciates me, good gosh, every meeting we are told what we are doing wrong. Can we do right?

You people in management need to re-boot and look at what gives you all jobs...US!!!!!

GT

Let me tell you, DIP pay sucks, we got guys losing 7-15k over ABC, what were you thinking? We are the ones that do the actual labor, shouldn't we be paid well?
stick with hourly, its the fairest way, its the ONLY way you can CONTROL your labor, unless you are like NJ USF, and get a GOOD pay for performance rate, with a set high rate for every case

There once was a time when all the other foodservice companies were used as a stepping stone to get to Sysco, now we are middle of the pack, guys are leaving and looking, all because this company wants to save money through the backs of their actual workers, quit stepping over a 10 dollar bill to pick up a nickle, quit whining about idle time and scan %, focus on your people for God sake.

they will not be going back to that, they are in a big fight with us foods!

I am really about done here, when I got hired I thought I had made it to the best of the best in this line of work, not so much anymore, the other foodservice companies are looking pretty attractive right now, they love guys like me with experience and I can make more there.
on the plus side, not that it matters much, i think you have definetly STILL made it to the "top rate" in foodservice carriers. sysco up here loses a little to our hourly rate, but at the same time, they get a company pension AND a 401k with a match, along with stock options. all we get is a 401k with a defined automatic contribution per hour. 6 of one, half dozen of the other, ya know?

I would rather kill my body at a place that pays me well and appreciates me, good gosh, every meeting we are told what we are doing wrong. Can we do right?
no, havent you learned by now? who cares, your company hates you because you want money and wont work for free...
You people in management need to re-boot and look at what gives you all jobs...US!!!!!
they don't care, they don't see it that way, especially at union barns where guys try and stick it out, i'm sure non union barns are a revolving door, just the way they like it....

GT

just blow your knee out tommorow on the ramp, and take a nice long comp break, lol.

just blow your knee out tommorow on the ramp, and take a nice long comp break, lol.

I have wished for that Bill...sad I know. Thats how much I hate Sysco right now, they are taking so much away from us, I have to stay out till 1800 or so to make it by the hour, then they cut me on Thursday, I wind up with 48 or less hrs, I get sick of that.

This is why I do not want to drive for sysco. I've always heard bad things about them. I would like to have 48 hrs a

GT

The stock holders want a return on their investment. Stock holders take priority over working pee-ons.

I have wished for that Bill...sad I know. Thats how much I hate Sysco right now, they are taking so much away from us, I have to stay out till 1800 or so to make it by the hour, then they cut me on Thursday, I wind up with 48 or less hrs, I get sick of that.

you guys dont have driver bids with guaraunteed hours? if my route cancels, they HAVE to offer me something else to get my 8, since i'm on a 5/8 shift. it always works out nice, since you know they don't build routes for 8 hours, except for special ones like mine. so they have to give me a route that is built for a guy on 4/10's, and they always build them for 14 hours. so i get to screw them out of 6 hours, since i took the 5/8 bid.

btw, you should tell your CS co workers who don't pay dues or go to union meetings "this is what you get for not participating in your OWN life, we just had a contract, where the **** were you guys at? we could have hung tough for language to prevent this if you guys had half a damn brain"......

This is why I do not want to drive for sysco. I've always heard bad things about them. I would like to have 48 hrs a

don't let this throw you off, this sounds like a contract language issue. in MN, I would imagine that they have a better contract, and they can't just throw people on or off different types of pay. over in MN, I would imagine they probably have language for bids/cancellation of bids/ and having to offer a comparable day of work to any guys who routes cancelled.

trust me, US Foods sucks just as bad as Sysco, having a decent contract makes it bearable....

The stock holders want a return on their investment. Stock holders take priority over working pee-ons.
the way these places work, i'm sure that they have ALWAYS gotten a return on their investment, now they are getting greedy and trying to put the squeeze on everyone.....

the way these places work, i'm sure that they have ALWAYS gotten a return on their investment, now they are getting greedy and trying to put the squeeze on everyone.....
Sysco's stock to a massive hit the other day. You don't always get a return when you buy stock.

you guys dont have driver bids with guaraunteed hours? if my route cancels, they HAVE to offer me something else to get my 8, since i'm on a 5/8 shift. it always works out nice, since you know they don't build routes for 8 hours, except for special ones like mine. so they have to give me a route that is built for a guy on 4/10's, and they always build them for 14 hours. so i get to screw them out of 6 hours, since i took the 5/8 bid.

btw, you should tell your CS co workers who don't pay dues or go to union meetings "this is what you get for not participating in your OWN life, we just had a contract, where the **** were you guys at? we could have hung tough for language to prevent this if you guys had half a damn brain"......
You guys, **** dude, I hate these scabby bastards as much as you, but if your gonna be a ****, then your gonna be a ****, we have a guarantee of 40 hrs, no matter what, thats about it, we have to many non believers to get the best contract, thats right to work at its finest.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys, **** dude, I hate these scabby bastards as much as you, but if your gonna be a ****, then your gonna be a ****, we have a guarantee of 40 hrs, no matter what, thats about it, we have to many non believers to get the best contract, thats right to work at its finest.

that sucks, so there is absolutely no guarauntee of routes, or bids? and its only ot after 40, so you could in theory get your 40 in 3 days? if they are sitting you on thursday, you should already have 2 hours ot by wed night.

if i wasn't gettin much OT anyway, thats what I would do, just make 42 hours out of 3 days. if they want to sit you for the other 2, fine, you can enjoy your time off and save the gas money, otherwise, when then call you just make sure its another 14 hour day, and viola, more ot........

is there contract language about how you work? any requirements on perfomance?
55 cases per man hour min. when I'm trying to make it by the hour, I usually throw 56 to 58

that sucks, so there is absolutely no guarauntee of routes, or bids? and its only ot after 40, so you could in theory get your 40 in 3 days? if they are sitting you on thursday, you should already have 2 hours ot by wed night.

if i wasn't gettin much OT anyway, thats what I would do, just make 42 hours out of 3 days. if they want to sit you for the other 2, fine, you can enjoy your time off and save the gas money, otherwise, when then call you just make sure its another 14 hour day, and viola, more ot........
We bid on geographical areas, Sysco reserves the right to change a route to satisfy customer needs or time windows, its in the contract. I have a 5 day bid, however, they usually cut my Thursday run, that kills my week. I usually go on OT by 0900 Thursday if everything goes right, and thats throwing the min.

Gt you sound like the rest of us sysco drivers sick of this stuff. If you are close to golden state foods or reinhart look at them laid back pays as much or more.

At least you guys get to bid we are put on a route and that is it until someone retires or quits. Our sysco house is starting to clean house of drivers overspeed idle and scanning.