Dip Pay

they tried it here at my house(boston) it wouldnt work to match what we got paid so they kicked aside to figure it out... a year later they are going to try again but in a different way than they introduced last year..

plus we were told that sysco boston was the biggest average 130-150k cases a night... and this summer i wouldnt doubt if we hit 160k+ this summer with all the new corp buss we got this year. but there are many different categories that every house can be #1 in... lol

DIP pay is going to become a corporate wide standard. It will no longer be left up to each individual Sysco house to determine if they want to use DIP pay or not. The decrease that you have or will see in your pay is set up by each individual house. I know that the management at my Sysco house is working very hard to insure that our drivers see less than a 1% drop in pay.

They are supposed to start DIP at our house in May, waiting to see how much of a pay cut it will be. Looks like the guys that have the routes with big miles will get hit pretty good.

It really matters on how fast ur are. Our guys who have miles are doing well. Local not so much. Depends on ur vp of operations on what numbers they plug in. On my route I have nothing under 17 cent a case.

It is in our contract that we can choose to be hourly or on a incentive pay like ABC, DIP, etc. But they will try to force you onto the incentive pay, by giving you a bad tractor or no assigned tractor at all and either bad routes or trying to keep you at 40 hours a week. Our top out for tier 1 guys is 23.12, tier 2 is always $3 dollars an hour less.

We have a contract wage by the hr, guys can choose to bust it out and make dip, or like me, have a good day, be patient with and talk to my customers and be a good human being and make it by the hour.

When I was on a route I never made dip, I ran a suburb, lots of traffic, lots of stop lights, it was just hard to get around, I had a good day every day, been told more than once how my patience was appreciated, I wish we were all by the hour, I never understood the need for speed, it hurts the customer when they have a driver acting like he is high on meth and in a hurry.

I liked to take the time and listen to my customers and their issues, then get with the sales force to try and correct the problems, it makes for better customer service.

This is I guess the difference in union and non-union. I am in a state of non-union and we are put on dip and that is it. Our dip base starts at 27hr. When we ate first hired we can take dip or hourly but hourly is 20.30 no one takes that route.

This is I guess the difference in union and non-union. I am in a state of non-union and we are put on dip and that is it. Our dip base starts at 27hr. When we ate first hired we can take dip or hourly but hourly is 20.30 no one takes that route.

If the base is 27 per hr, stretch it out to 58 hrs, thats alot of money, or does it not work like that LOL!!

No the 27hr is for the overtime. Say u work 45 hrs then the math is 5×27×.5 . Our dip is on a 10 tier system most stops are a 5,6, or 7 tier.

No the 27hr is for the overtime. Say u work 45 hrs then the math is 5×27×.5 . Our dip is on a 10 tier system most stops are a 5,6, or 7 tier.

I never have understood that, on 20.30 I could crank out 1300 or so on a 5 day week and have a nice easy week, I never understood dip or abc, all I knew is on abc I made money, on dip I didn't, so I slowed way down.

When ABC started I was avg. $5 to $7 over the hourly rate, last 2 years it is only maybe $2 over hourly, seems like they have adjusted over the years because they thought we were making to much money.

When ABC started I was avg. $5 to $7 over the hourly rate, last 2 years it is only maybe $2 over hourly, seems like they have adjusted over the years because they thought we were making to much money.

Exactly!! They dropped our warehouse pay, it was a corp decision, we were supposedly a high paid house...now I sit in the spotter and take a nap waiting on a light to turn green, these guys aren't going to work beyond what their highest threshold is. There ya have it, and so we wait.

I never have understood that, on 20.30 I could crank out 1300 or so on a 5 day week and have a nice easy week, I never understood dip or abc, all I knew is on abc I made money, on dip I didn't, so I slowed way down.

They're really damn good at making it confusing aren't they? I love it when new drivers ask me how the pay is figured. I don't get it anymore, no one here does including our supervisors. All I know is that I run between 4500-4700 cases/wk, and as long as I don't do any xtra hourly work I make right at x number of dollars for it.