Dip Pay

Bill, honestly, I'm going to sit down with the union here in the next couple of weeks and figure out where else I can go within Local 523, I like this union and I believe in it, I would rather stay, I can go alot of places but I wish to stay in the local, so thats what I'm up against right now, I get sick of working from dark to dark just to make money, after they butchered our incentive, thats the only way to do it, unless your a superstar, and I'm not, I'm becoming to old for that ****!!
lol, i was already digging around for you, how about that "borden dairy'', or whatever it is? it looks like you are in the smaller local in ok, but you should be able to find something else. as stupid as sysco is, trust me, without a contract sucks worse. watching some ass kiss get the best truck, best runs, and most money is crap.
There has to be a better way, a better work life mix, I'm to the point in my life that I'm sick of work being my entire life, been doing that now for 21 years, its time to slow down.

maybe your local covers a redi mix or dump truck company? i don't mind being at work if its easier work than this, i understand about being there all day, but I've never seen another way. My father worked 33 years as much as possible at GM Truck and Bus in Flint Michigan until he retired last year. its still weird that he isn't workin, thats all he ever did. he was a UAW skilled trades electrician, and the OT faucet didnt turn off from when i was 5 in 1989 until the government bailout in 2008. all I ever saw him go in for was 7 days a week, 12 hours a night, over holidays, vacations, etc. he would have been stupid not to, with the automatic 4 hours of OT every night, and the triple time on the holidays.

now THAT was a job, nothing out there like that anymore. trucking, factories, steel mills, or otherwise.

We are free to do that, we have been told by the boss that if we want the 4 hrs to do that, he don't care, I would rather not drive 18 miles and drag my sorry ass out of bed to do it, if it ain't a route it ain't worth it to me.

yeah, well the only way to fix the problem is to make it cost them money. get me? you can belittle a crap company online, you can have a crappy attitude, but UNTIL it costs them money, because you have sucker punched them in the wallet, nothing will change. besides, it sounds like that 4 hours will at least get you into a little more ot.....

Our steward is a good man, very smart, so no mgmt has no hold on him, our state is divided between 2 locals, 886 has a much stronger union and much more membership within the company, seems those on the eastern side of the state are different....its a tough market here, unions aren't near as popular as in other parts of the country.

get over it, lol, unions arent popular anywhere, the lemmings all love their corporate overlords!!! if you offered most of these morons a choice between a "union job" or working for a "family owned company", the lemmings would all pick the "family atmosphere". I guess they forgot about their OWN family....

Get over it? I will never get over it Bill. Unions are popular where your at more than in OK, don't ******* hand me that, I'm fighting here, alot of us are!

Get over it? I will never get over it Bill. Unions are popular where your at more than in OK, don't ******* hand me that, I'm fighting here, alot of us are!

same here! ****, my home state, the home of the union, michigan, just got rtw'ed!!! i'm just saying, dont expect people to be on your side!

Unions aren't super popular here in mn it seems.

in my reading that I have done, it seems like corporate america has brainwashed the younger generation. I remember being told in school "the old gm shop jobs will be all gone". although true, they said that trying to sell me on a computer, or college type office job. what would be the point of the debt for college, when I'd get out and only hope to make as much as i can as a teamster? thats what I figured out on my own, but what should be taught.

granted, there are lots of guys working computers making a bunch more than any truck driver, but there are plenty of guys making peanuts, who got "sold down the river", by this popular consensus of education, when they should have been told to go get jobs at UPS, get a cdl, go into construction as an operating engineer....

I agree. I can make just as much if not more driving a truck then alot of college degrees. I know alot of people I went to school with that went to college and there not even doing what they went to college for.

yep, and a lot of guys i know are "too proud" to "downgrade" to a blue collar job. i laugh, because i know HOW much my dad made in the 90's, and I will be lucky to touch that ever in my lifetime, the way things are going. and at the same time, we have the slobs in sweats and flip flops that make 20 cpm and think we are all overpaid, and that the meaning of life is living in a sleeper cab playing video games...idiots abound I never realized growing up how stupid people are.

Bill, honestly, I'm going to sit down with the union here in the next couple of weeks and figure out where else I can go within Local 523, I like this union and I believe in it, I would rather stay, I can go alot of places but I wish to stay in the local, so thats what I'm up against right now, I get sick of working from dark to dark just to make money, after they butchered our incentive, thats the only way to do it, unless your a superstar, and I'm not, I'm becoming to old for that ****!!

There has to be a better way, a better work life mix, I'm to the point in my life that I'm sick of work being my entire life, been doing that now for 21 years, its time to slow down.

What do you mean by if you're a superstar? Well I understand what you mean but explain how being one benefits you on DIP... Also could you scan the dip pay sheet and email it in comparison to the abc pay sheet?
I think we're going to this at Sysco Atlanta. I'm very curious to see how this payscale will affect me...

What do you mean by if you're a superstar? Well I understand what you mean but explain how being one benefits you on DIP... Also could you scan the dip pay sheet and email it in comparison to the abc pay sheet?
I think we're going to this at Sysco Atlanta. I'm very curious to see how this payscale will affect me...

Don't have a scanner Bro, besides, its how your opco will handle it, ours is cheap, thank God for the union, at least they can't take our hourly rate away, they butchered our incentive, I will break it down for you though...

There are tiers, the bottom one is 17 cents a case, for hard stops its 20 cents a case, here you have to throw 85 cpmh to get the top tier, don't even know what that is, 20 somithing cents a case I'm guessing, my routes don't allow me to throw that even if I try.

Stops 1.20....miles .20 cent for anything 100 miles or under, 35 cent for anything 100.1 or over, pre trip 5 bucks, post trip 5 bucks, scan bonus disabled, same with idle and mpg.

It blows, we don't have incentive language in our contract, the opco can do as it pleases, on ABC I made it even if I only threw 2800 cases, I'm on a tough route for incentive though, so I make my living by the hour, and will continue to do so, I'm happier that way.

Damn that sucks. I actually spoke to my buddies at the Sysco houses up north and they said one guy made more and one guy only seen a $20 decrease a week. So it makes sense when you say it depends on how cheap your opco is...
I usually do 5000-5200 cases a week. But that's well above average. The average guy does 3000-3800 cases a week. But our pay is much higher than that on the abc in Atlanta. So I doubt they'll try to lower it bcuz turn over has always been a problem here with all the competition for driving jobs here in Atlanta.
But thanks for all the info.

Damn that sucks. I actually spoke to my buddies at the Sysco houses up north and they said one guy made more and one guy only seen a $20 decrease a week. So it makes sense when you say it depends on how cheap your opco is...
I usually do 5000-5200 cases a week. But that's well above average. The average guy does 3000-3800 cases a week. But our pay is much higher than that on the abc in Atlanta. So I doubt they'll try to lower it bcuz turn over has always been a problem here with all the competition for driving jobs here in Atlanta.
But thanks for all the info.
I will tell you this, competition means nothing, we can't buy help here, the guys we have stay, but we can't get new guys, they come on board and figure out pretty quick they can go to another company and make more and put up with less.

I'm upset because Sysco used to be the place to be, the other guys were used to get here, its not that way anymore.

Here they don't give a **** if you like it or not, we don't have upper mgmt that wants us or needs us, every meeting we are told how bad we suck, then in the same breath they tell us not to be negative about Sysco to the customers...how do I do that? After all I suck, all I do is wrong. Seems my pay reflects that. They cut me a day so I stay under 50 hrs.

I will tell you this, competition means nothing, we can't buy help here, the guys we have stay, but we can't get new guys, they come on board and figure out pretty quick they can go to another company and make more and put up with less.

I'm upset because Sysco used to be the place to be, the other guys were used to get here, its not that way anymore.

Here they don't give a **** if you like it or not, we don't have upper mgmt that wants us or needs us, every meeting we are told how bad we suck, then in the same breath they tell us not to be negative about Sysco to the customers...how do I do that? After all I suck, all I do is wrong. Seems my pay reflects that. They cut me a day so I stay under 50 hrs.

Ya that sucks man. I mean our management isn't that great. But they do respect you if you're a hard worker. You can get some favoritism that way. But overall most guys aren't happy. Only difference is they're paying us well. As long as the pay doesn't drop I'll stay. I've already made $21k this year so I'm pleased with the money. For me that's all it's about. They act however they want as long as they don't change my pay. I have goals and dreams to have my own and it takes money to make money so for now I'll put up with it. Like you say tho, you work like what you're paid like...

GT I wish I had 50 hrs. But working 4 days a week is awesome. What pisses me off is I only work 3 and guys below me are working 4 and getting 50 hrs a week. My dad told me Estes is hiring so I'm kinda thinking about that...... good luck with dip. Saturday we have are big meeting. We should find out about are new pay scale

Ya that sucks man. I mean our management isn't that great. But they do respect you if you're a hard worker. You can get some favoritism that way. But overall most guys aren't happy. Only difference is they're paying us well. As long as the pay doesn't drop I'll stay. I've already made $21k this year so I'm pleased with the money. For me that's all it's about. They act however they want as long as they don't change my pay. I have goals and dreams to have my own and it takes money to make money so for now I'll put up with it. Like you say tho, you work like what you're paid like...

9919.67, thats what I have for the year, I just got on ADP and looked, makes me sick, 2 yrs ago I would be double that.

GT I wish I had 50 hrs. But working 4 days a week is awesome. What pisses me off is I only work 3 and guys below me are working 4 and getting 50 hrs a week. My dad told me Estes is hiring so I'm kinda thinking about that...... good luck with dip. Saturday we have are big meeting. We should find out about are new pay scale

Shoot sorry for the double post

It happens...I hope you get bank! I was telling Di how much I respect that you have your priorities in order in regards to your son vs your job, she thinks he is a doll, she ooed and awwed over Jackson, I almost got to make a baby over it...almost...