Estes | Directions for 178 Brooklyn

nctruckdriver

TB Lurker
Credits
I was going through my directions book and noticed that I don't have any directions for Brooklyn (#178, N Bergen, NJ)...I tried to look it up on google maps using the address 2220 74th st, North Bergen NJ but nothing that looks like a Big E terminal comes up
does anybody have directions??
thanks

Take the N.J. turnpike north to the east spur, go thru the toll box then to exit 16E, go thru the easypass lane and stay left, go under the underpass then stay in the right lane and turn right onto paterson plank road, get in the left lane and go approx. 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile to route 1 and 9 north and turn left. go past Target (on left) and turn left onto 74th street. This will look like a deadend ally but when you get to the end look right and you will see a large gate going into a terminal yard (On Time Trucking) the entrance to the office is about half way down the terminal.

Hope this helps ya.

I thought they did away with both Brooklyn terminals. It doesn't show up on the terminal list site.

Yes Mildew, Brooklyn has not been in operation since I hired on. Think Long Island and Kearny cover that ground now. Anyway from what I've heard, it was no place you would be asking to go to.

The old Brooklyn terminal was done awaywith long ago but this one has not been open very long. Not many driver have to go here as most of the time On Time Trucking picks up the trailers at Edison terminal. However driver who happen to be in Elkton around 4 or so in the morning may have to take trailers to the Brooklyn term. Buzzbees I do not know how long you have been with the company but I can tell you for a fact I was sent to the Brooklyn terminal back in the spring before I took a schedule run and a friend of mine from Gerogia had to go there a couple of months ago. Calling it the Brooklyn terminal may be misleading as it is not in brooklyn nor even in New York!! (go figure) The New York city deliveries are handled by On Time Trucking and not Estes. On Time Trucking is the company terminal In NOrth Bergen New Jersey that is refered to as the brooklyn terminal and we DO go there on occasions. If you are ever in Elkton, Md. ask the dispatcher there about it.

Thanks Imtrucker! They don't tell us anything up here at 028. I've only been here 2 years and learning more all the time. This Truckingboards sure comes in handy.

Hopefully I won't need to find out where that terminal is located. I didn't mind Eddison or Kearny. Long Island was a bit too far back in the hole for me but i'll take the good with the bad.

So if we don't have directions in book, doesn't that mean, we don't have to go there ? Just for conversation sake, is that in a pretty decent area ? or some place to go, only in day light ?

Last edited by a moderator:
So if we don't have directions in book, doesn't that mean, we don't have to go there ? Just for conversation sake, is that in a pretty decent area ? or some place to go, only in day light ?

I wouldn't let your guard down anywhere. I've seen pics of bullet holes in drivers doors just for cutting a 4 wheeler off in broad daylight. We had drivers nearly killed on exit ramps in upscale areas. Drivers had their wallets stolen at gun point at dark terminals in decent places. That's just what I know. I'm sure the list goes on beyond our imagination.

Man ill go to NB any time before long island U gotta go to the island around rush hour , If U get to know jersey it ant all bad 1/9 is the old truck route. APA use to be on 94 street