XPO | Disparate Overtime Policy

I agree we should all get paid ot after 8. I also think I should get the same hourly and mileage pay as the two service centers near me (50 Miles), but I don’t. And the reason. As Joe said, they don’t have to, or, they only need to pay us market value.
Love that terminology.. Market value, because you may live in an area where they say the cost of living is cheaper, or whatever. It is just a company attaching a string basically saying, take it or leave it, because they know they hold all the cards, even though you do the same job as someone in a metro area.

Love that terminology.. Market value, because you may live in an area where they say the cost of living is cheaper, or whatever. It is just a company attaching a string basically saying, take it or leave it, because they know they hold all the cards, even though you do the same job as someone in a metro area.
That's right....I know there are some rural areas up north and out west that don't require ot after 8. They just don't wanna start the sh!tstorm.
h

What's right is right and a man can only take so much before he fights back. I think more and more terminals are going to organize. Some will quit and start over, most will stay and fight

I completely agree. Around here. So many have left. But there are options available. In other situations. Starting over is not on the table and leaves only one option.

It like the company wants the drivers to organize. They won’t feel as though they have taken enough from us until we do.

If XPO decided to not pay us OT way out west we would ORGANIZE in about 2 weeks. I would lead the charge and I get paid by the mile.
You are right.

Question: If drivers want more options than just XPO how about changing the law?

There are so many drivers that it seems small ( no offense to you intended ) to only want to "fix" XPO when the entire industry is broken. The law needs to be fixed in favor of the working people.

You are right.

Question: If drivers want more options than just XPO how about changing the law?
It has to start somewhere . Setteling is what the companies expect of us.
There are so many drivers that it seems small ( no offense to you intended ) to only want to "fix" XPO when the entire industry is broken. The law needs to be fixed in favor of the working people.
Problem is a lot of people in those states that have no o/t till 50 or none
at all vote in favor of the politician that favor their key issues such as Abortion, guns and so on. They throw their workers right down the tube by voting for politicians who take advantage of them and are in the pocket of big business. Example check out which states have right to work laws ? Which way do people in those states tend to vote.
Yes you are correct your vote is more important than ever. If the issues that are dear to your heart are worth throwing away you workers rights , then get use to earning less. Be careful and put thought to how your vote will effect your way of making a living.

You are right.

Companies like XPO have huge investments in not only in house labor control, but also in paid lobbyists to help keep policies like this in place. This law will never be changed.

Companies like XPO have huge investments in not only in house labor control, but also in paid lobbyists to help keep policies like this in place. This law will never be changed.
So , if you had a choice in voting for a politician that would correct the the O/T problem or one that would ignore it , an XPO lobbyist could change your mind?

You are right.

I have actually called my Congressman,state and federal, the governor, senators to ask them to address this issue. Of course you cannot actually speak to them, only the intern answering the phone that takes the message. I doubt they really care, I am just one man. They only care about the people that give them money.

Understandably, hourly wages for drivers vary throughout the country, for many reasons. What is not clear to drivers in the southern region is how management can tell us we are one company yet have different overtime policies for our region.

I don't understand how you can write both of those statements. You understand that pay varies, but you don't understand why pay varies? If they gave you the OT, but reduced your hourly rate to compensate, would you be okay with that? It sounds like you should, and that doesn't make sense.

What's the difference between OT policy and hourly wages? It's all variable based on where you live. Why worry about it?

I also think I should get the same hourly and mileage pay as the two service centers near me (50 Miles), but I don’t.

The line is going to be somewhere, and anyone on the cheaper side of the line is going to grumble about it.

Unless you're the number 1 at your barn, someone else is probably going to have a better run than you and probably make more money, even though you do the exact same job. The only difference is they may have been hired a day earlier. But that's fine- so why is it so hard to accept someone making more money for an equally random reason, like where you applied to work?

Problem is a lot of people in those states that have no o/t till 50 or none at all vote in favor of the politician that favor their key issues such as Abortion, guns and so on. They throw their workers right down the tube by voting for politicians who take advantage of them and are in the pocket of big business.

See, we don't disagree on everything.