ODFL | Disqualified

nctruckin

TB Lurker
Credits
So, seems someone was suspended for 2 weeks for holding their phone, and another guy was disqualified for 2 days for touching the screen of his phone for a minute. I know you lose your job if anything happens again....but to be requialfied to drive, what do they have to do with the saftey guy? A driving test? A 'sit down' and show them the video and have them sign a final notice of warning?

So, seems someone was suspended for 2 weeks for holding their phone, and another guy was disqualified for 2 days for touching the screen of his phone for a minute. I know you lose your job if anything happens again....but to be requialfied to drive, what do they have to do with the saftey guy? A driving test? A 'sit down' and show them the video and have them sign a final notice of warning?
Big Brother is watching you. I wonder if they have sensors in the seat to let them know what you had for supper the night before, if you break wind. I remember our safety guy. I actually think he was picked on as a child. You go to him with a safety issue, his response was Not My Job. He was a vulture, he could whip out the safety letter in the twinkling of the eye. Hahaha, one day over by our shop he started to question me, then threatened my job, I jumped out of the truck and was in his face. I believe with the look on his face he was crapping his pants. I went straight over to the TM and told him to back the safety guy off. Safety never spoke to me again. The dock had a nickname for me, “Maddawg.” I just don’t understand why.

Big Brother is watching you. I wonder if they have sensors in the seat to let them know what you had for supper the night before, if you break wind. I remember our safety guy. I actually think he was picked on as a child. You go to him with a safety issue, his response was Not My Job. He was a vulture, he could whip out the safety letter in the twinkling of the eye. Hahaha, one day over by our shop he started to question me, then threatened my job, I jumped out of the truck and was in his face. I believe with the look on his face he was crapping his pants. I went straight over to the TM and told him to back the safety guy off. Safety never spoke to me again. The dock had a nickname for me, “Maddawg.” I just don’t understand why.
i remember once ,to casual at preston151 was to road test with the safetyman.i took him on the ride of his life right straight metro city! after 1/2 hour he forced me back to the barn,now came the best -- he said he had to take my blood pressure before i can work there. my answer was -- i don t think so--are you a doctor? he replies it s company policy and if i refuse told to hit the bricks and i said i will once dispatch pays me for the 10 hour day i did before you arrived to road test me! oh well he said you will never work here again. i was called 2 days later for 2 week fill in.i was still on layoff at yellow and jumped on it oh yea did itell you i never seen doctorSAFETY again

Not going say name but did he come from Ohio area then down to Atlanta Region sounds like same Safety guy lol now he’s a Stay at Home Camera Coach

i remember once ,to casual at preston151 was to road test with the safetyman.i took him on the ride of his life right straight metro city! after 1/2 hour he forced me back to the barn,now came the best -- he said he had to take my blood pressure before i can work there. my answer was -- i don t think so--are you a doctor? he replies it s company policy and if i refuse told to hit the bricks and i said i will once dispatch pays me for the 10 hour day i did before you arrived to road test me! oh well he said you will never work here again. i was called 2 days later for 2 week fill in.i was still on layoff at yellow and jumped on it oh yea did itell you i never seen doctorSAFETY again
Someday drivers will have to wear a wrist band that tracks their vital signs while on duty

Are you from Scranton?