Dissolve and disperse central states pension fund now !

Do you want what's yours from Central States ?

• Yes

Votes: 52 85.2%
  • No

Votes: 9 14.8%

• Total voters
I'm the one who called retirees selfish, so I'll explain. And I'm 64, planning to draw mine as soon as I can get CSPF to pay it....

I didn't call all retirees selfish. I call selfish those that constantly remind all of Teamster History of sacrificing so those in the future can have good lives, and constantly call for Teamster Unity instead of Meesters - but then lobby to stop cuts that are necessary for anyone not dead within 6-7 years to draw a pension. They are only out for themselves. I've reminded them that a 45 year old with 25 years seniority cant draw CSPF until he's 65, and by then- will draw zero for 45 years service. The payouts should have been drastically cut in 2014 or before...

You aren't in that crowd, mystic. Selfish doesnt fit you.
Jimmy, I am not in the cspf. My fund is suppose to dry up in 2021 so we here. I chose to retire because the job was affecting me as a person. I am not the kind of guy to stay quiet when -hit was going on at the job that should not. I fought for my rights and the rights of my brothers thru out my time in the industry. I worked all my life to one day enjoy a retirement for me and my wife and decided it was the right time to go. I know there is no hope for my fund to survive, but I do hope something gets done to save the pensions for all Teamster funds who can be saved by intervention in some way. Every Teamster no matter what age is entitle to the pension they were promised in my opinion.

Jimmy, I am not in the cspf. My fund is suppose to dry up in 2021 so we here. I chose to retire because the job was affecting me as a person. I am not the kind of guy to stay quiet when -hit was going on at the job that should not. I fought for my rights and the rights of my brothers thru out my time in the industry. I worked all my life to one day enjoy a retirement for me and my wife and decided it was the right time to go. I know there is no hope for my fund to survive, but I do hope something gets done to save the pensions for all Teamster funds who can be saved by intervention in some way. Every Teamster no matter what age is entitle to the pension they were promised in my opinion.
Thank You. It's all Math, nothing More.

In 2014 we had 209,000 retirees drawing in CSPF, and 201,000 not yet retired, and enough funds projected to last 10 years. If we are all One for All, All for One, we had the obligation to ask Treasury to cut every single CSPF by 50%, and it would have met the requirements of equal cuts, and sustaining the fund for 20 years. Those that lobbied for "Dont cut Mine" are the ones I call(ed) selfish. The Government owes no person anywhere, a bailout.

The laws of Math are Absolute.

Thank You. It's all Math, nothing More.

In 2014 we had 209,000 retirees drawing in CSPF, and 201,000 not yet retired, and enough funds projected to last 10 years. If we are all One for All, All for One, we had the obligation to ask Treasury to cut every single CSPF by 50%, and it would have met the requirements of equal cuts, and sustaining the fund for 20 years. Those that lobbied for "Dont cut Mine" are the ones I call(ed) selfish. The Government owes no person anywhere, a bailout.

The laws of Math are Absolute.
I learned long ago that it is not One for All, All for One. I came to the conclusion the only one who will look out for my family, is me. The Government needs to pay out my tax dollars a little closer to home versus the billions of dollars they send all over the world.

Any updates retirees?
Pretty soon the checks will stop then you will get nothing like me.
Your selfishness will be rewarded, or not
Mine, mine, all mine.

Any updates retirees?
Mine, mine, all mine.
"our selfishness"
"rewarded"
Your a joke.
I put in 11 years of "sacrifice ". And another 20 + on top of that.
So did the other retires. Did their time. Do yours.
**** off!

Any updates retirees?
Mine, mine, all mine.

You really don't deserve a reply, calling someone selfish because they're retired.
Some of these guys have already taken a cut, I just don't understand your thinking.
I'm sorry you have nothing, but if you get hungry, even after my check stops, I will go in the back yard and dig up a jar, that's where I've been stashing my CS checks for the past 29 yrs.
Maybe I shouldn't have posted this, now I can't count on you to help pay for my Tesla, boat, and motor home when the checks stop.

You really don't deserve a reply, calling someone selfish because they're retired.
Some of these guys have already taken a cut, I just don't understand your thinking.
I'm sorry you have nothing, but if you get hungry, even after my check stops, I will go in the back yard and dig up a jar, that's where I've been stashing my CS checks for the past 29 yrs.
Maybe I shouldn't have posted this, now I can't count on you to help pay for my Tesla, boat, and motor home when the checks stop.
Thank you!
And do you wanna race Tesla's?

"our selfishness"
"rewarded"
Your a joke.
I put in 11 years of "sacrifice ". And another 20 + on top of that.
So did the other retires. Did their time. Do yours.
**** off!
No joke here cobra
35 years in, two taken away, leaves me with 33 on the books.
Age 53, can't get shlt, don't tell me about putting in my time.
I hope you have a wonderful retirement

No one is selfish for retiring, I would if I could.
Most retirees would rather wait for the checks to run out than fight to dissolve CSPFand get a buy out. To late now.

IGN
Sorry You started there young.
Fortunately this wasn't my first job.
I didn't start till I was 30 years old
I know alot of people in your position but if I made the kind of money I did when I started at 30 in my prior jobs and save I'd be good. I saved alot from 30 till now.
My retirement will be ok. But you can't blame the retirees for retiring
If we don't retire people bitch cause we are still working.
We cannot win either way.
So. I took a huge cut at 62 and left. No regrets.

IGN
I know guys that started there at 19-20 years old.
They are in their late 50's now. Stuck. Like you.
They brag on the cars and all the stuff they bought.
Drinking and such. I was raising a child at 21.
If I had this job at 21 I would have thought I hit a gold mine.
But I was making minimum wage 2.65 cents an hour.
But I still made it to this retirement. I was fortunate to get my ducks in a row and get out. It's what alot of people want to do. Including you.
I'm done fighting everyone. Except the government now.

No joke here cobra
35 years in, two taken away, leaves me with 33 on the books.
Age 53, can't get shlt, don't tell me about putting in my time.
I hope you have a wonderful retirement

Got nothing, I'm not going to start a name calling or who can come up with the best insults contest with you.
I do think you jumped the gun a little calling (retirees) selfish, that covers a pretty broad field.
Some retired with total disability, we had a driver with 36 yrs, retired and died before drawing his first check,
many more for various reasons, I wouldn't call them selfish.
I am as sorry for you as I am for the hundreds, no, thousands that lost their job and pension when all those companies closed shop.
I would have never retired at 54, had PIE not folded, I guess our drivers could have called me greedy or selfish for hanging on the board with 35 yrs.
Yes, I am one of the fortunate ones, if they stopped my check tomorrow, I'll never complain, I feel like I was overpaid for 35yrs, like Micky Mantle once said "I'd play baseball for nothing, because I love the game"
I really liked my job, and still don't think I'm selfish.
BTW, they offered to pay me what I was worth, I told them, no thanks, I couldn't live on that.

Seabreeze.
I just said that in my post because it's not the first time someone has said something like that about retirees. Even before I retired two months ago.
But I take offense to it because I earned what little I get. It wasn't given to me.
I worked my ass off to get it. For a long time. Earned. It's not welfare.

Nice spinning of what was said, guys....

No one ever said people that retired were selfish. What I said, was that retirees who lobbied to keep their full pension and stop cuts, knowing full well that it means those not yet retired will recieve Zero because of their lobbying are Selfish. I said it then, I say it now, and I'll say it twice as much on Sundays! Neither of you two took part in that lobbying.

Any updates retirees?
Mine, mine, all mine.
He did.
And I never lobbied to keep a full pension for anyone.
Mine was cut and penalized.
So I'm not gettin much.
Not spinning anything myself.
:1036316054:

Seabreeze.
I just said that in my post because it's not the first time someone has said something like that about retirees. Even before I retired two months ago.
But I take offense to it because I earned what little I get. It wasn't given to me.
I worked my ass off to get it. For a long time. Earned. It's not welfare.

I can understand his feelings, I am sure I would feel the same if I were in his shoes, but one needs to put a little
thought in how it sounds before posting.

No one ever said people that retired were selfish. What I said, was that retirees who lobbied to keep their full pension and stop cuts, knowing full well that it means those not yet retired will recieve Zero because of their lobbying are Selfish. I said it then, I say it now, and I'll say it twice as much on Sundays! Neither of you two took part in that lobbying.

Look back at #744 and see if I missed something.
I guess I missed your post.
If you read what I said, if they cut me off tomorrow, I still feel very fortunate.

I just found post 740, I certainly agree with you, I was referring to 744, maybe Jimmy jumped the gun.