Dmc Plans On Bringing Back The Delorian With A New Look

1) doesn't he need permission to even call it a Delorean?

i would think that it was trademarked, as John Delorean had a handle on how to design and build cars.

2) great, now we get umpteen MORE Back to the future movies, like we ain't had enough after the first 47,000
If I'm not mistaken everything concerning Delorean was bought lock,stock and barrel in bankruptcy court back when and the name was part of the sale, and I think the new Delorean company has been servicing owners with original repair parts since.

If I'm not mistaken everything concerning Delorean was bought lock,stock and barrel in bankruptcy court back when and the name was part of the sale, and I think the new Delorean company has been servicing owners with original repair parts since.
i was aware of a place (maybe in TX??) that rebuilds deloreans, but i am not sure if that is the same company.

by jove, it is in TX...!!!

https://www.delorean.com/

but i thought it was just "some company" that rebuilt them, not took over the name, etc.

i was aware of a place (maybe in TX??) that rebuilds deloreans, but i am not sure if that is the same company.

by jove, it is in TX...!!!

https://www.delorean.com/

but i thought it was just "some company" that rebuilt them, not took over the name, etc.
I think that's the one Pro, they ended up with anything and everything, plans, parts, tooling, trademarks, patents, you name it.

I think that's the one Pro, they ended up with anything and everything, plans, parts, tooling, trademarks, patents, you name it.
ok thanks. can't recall what tv show i was watching either on the speed channel or velocity (now motor trend) and they did a story on some guy needing his delorean restored. (and it was costly)

that's when i believe i saw that place in texas.

Yep, I think they're called Delorean One, they got all parts molds etc.
You've actually been able to purchase one completely refurbished for years.
I bought some parts from them before I sold mine, very expensive.
They are in Tex.

I'd like to see the Nash Metropolitan come back.

57-nash-metropolitan-stpaul.jpg

ok thanks. can't recall what tv show i was watching either on the speed channel or velocity (now motor trend) and they did a story on some guy needing his delorean restored. (and it was costly)

that's when i believe i saw that place in texas.

If I remember right the original deloreans had stainless steel panels all around the vehicle

i am now watching a recording of 'Car Fix", which is on saturdays.

it happens to be the Delorean they are working on.

that place i saw on tv was not in Texas, but Orlando FL.

https://www.dmcflorida.com/

these guys bought everything but cannot build new cars, just restore all the others.

As a former car-hauler,....I had the...marginal pleasure,....of hauling a few loads of the original DeLoreans.....
Due to a dock jurisdiction dispute,......the DeLoreans had to be transported inland to Bridgewater N.J to a closed dealership parking lot. We had to load them off our own ramps...

The front wheels were set inboard a few inches than the back wheels,........Lots of fun on 10 inch wide ramps,..with about 2 inches to spare,.....10 foot up in the air.........

And,...of course,...you had the gull-wings,....and no windows. That meant no rolling down a window, leaning out, and lining up the tires as you load. They all had to be loaded facing forward,....as the plastic screen on the back window would rip off in transit, if you loaded them backwards.

You had to be a contortionist once you had the car in the trailer.....Gull-wings meant you....oozed out underneath the door......no problem on the top of the trailer......

I used to have a loading manual for Deloreans. All the pictures were from their plant in Ireland. Foolishly, I sold it for $5......Wish I had it back.......
I could've bought one back in '82 for $25,000..........But I had bought a '79 Trans Am Screaming Eagle off a customer car dealer in '80 for $6,000,.....and my wife thought that I was too..."extravagant"....in my auto choices.......

But,.....nothing compared to...going down the highway with a load of DeLoreans on,........It was like your own portable circus when you unloaded.........People photographing you as you went down the Interstate.......

Bro. Seabreeze knows,.......I'll bet he never got behind the wheel,...without a clean shirt, and brushing his hair.......

As a former car-hauler,....I had the...marginal pleasure,....of hauling a few loads of the original DeLoreans.....
Due to a dock jurisdiction dispute,......the DeLoreans had to be transported inland to Bridgewater N.J to a closed dealership parking lot. We had to load them off our own ramps...

The front wheels were set inboard a few inches than the back wheels,........Lots of fun on 10 inch wide ramps,..with about 2 inches to spare,.....10 foot up in the air.........

And,...of course,...you had the gull-wings,....and no windows. That meant no rolling down a window, leaning out, and lining up the tires as you load. They all had to be loaded facing forward,....as the plastic screen on the back window would rip off in transit, if you loaded them backwards.

You had to be a contortionist once you had the car in the trailer.....Gull-wings meant you....oozed out underneath the door......no problem on the top of the trailer......

I used to have a loading manual for Deloreans. All the pictures were from their plant in Ireland. Foolishly, I sold it for $5......Wish I had it back.......
I could've bought one back in '82 for $25,000..........But I had bought a '79 Trans Am Screaming Eagle off a customer car dealer in '80 for $6,000,.....and my wife thought that I was too..."extravagant"....in my auto choices.......

But,.....nothing compared to...going down the highway with a load of DeLoreans on,........It was like your own portable circus when you unloaded.........People photographing you as you went down the Interstate.......

Bro. Seabreeze knows,.......I'll bet he never got behind the wheel,...without a clean shirt, and brushing his hair.......

Probably a dirty shirt more than a clean, my wife bought this car at a yard sale with the engine in baskets.
I was a year getting it back together.
I showed it at a car show at the Charlotte Motor Speedway once, had I charged a quarter each for those who made their picture in the car, I could have donated my CS check for the past 30 yrs.
They came with 14 in wheels on front and 15 on rear.
Because of the Back to The Future movie, people thought they were really fast, they only had 130hp v6 Peugeot
engine.
I never really liked the car, felt like you were sitting in a cofin.
BTW, all were actually made in 81, some were titled in 82.

Probably a dirty shirt more than a clean, my wife bought this car at a yard sale with the engine in baskets.
I was a year getting it back together.
I showed it at a car show at the Charlotte Motor Speedway once, had I charged a quarter each for those who made their picture in the car, I could have donated my CS check for the past 30 yrs.
They came with 14 in wheels on front and 15 on rear.
Because of the Back to The Future movie, people thought they were really fast, they only had 130hp v6 Peugeot
engine.
I never really liked the car, felt like you were sitting in a cofin.
BTW, all were actually made in 81, some were titled in 82.

If you had half as much fun owning it as I had hauling them.......You had a lot of fun!
Yes,.....they were a pain to load and unload,.....and apparently a pain to work on...

But.....What a novelty!
I always wondered how popular they would’ve been,....in it hadn’t been in the “Back To The Future” movie.......

Thank Goodness They didn’t use the......Ford Pinto,.......or the AMC Gremlin.......

Or the Nash Metropolitan.........

Im not sure what 25000 in today's money comes to... if 200 equaled close to a thousand. This would be the mid 80's retail price for that car. There was also a rash of people trying to get tickets on purpose at 88 mph busting the camera on the Law when the movies came out. (I used to do a hell of lot more than that back then)

The Render is not bad. I would not want to have that modern version, however I find that someone had the talent and the graphic skills to assemble templates into a pretty render. Thats really well done. As I got older I lost the desire to ooze into small cars like that. There are some I wont fit into very well anymore. But once in... yeehaw. But you cannot gamble on being able to get out. There is a small kart road track near Hanover as the crow flies int he area of US15 and its on several acres. It was not long ago I took one out even though I prefer the twin engine karts due to power and weight ability.

To the one poster regarding gremlin or pacer, those are really horrible cars. Ive been designated driver in both models hauling drunken people home. Let me tell you there is no joy in working with such a underperforming vehicle. None. You could not pay me a million to do that again and endure such piles of steaming turds. Citaton is another pile that comes to mind.

Fun cars are fun. But Ive too much time in the old pre computer cars of the late 60's and early 70's back then, just need a box of points, plugs, and a hot coil plus a little bit of octane and leaded gasoline among other things. Its not much against say a hypercar today but for non computer natural breathing horsepower thats plenty.