Dmv Mess Up.

JeanG

TB Lurker
Credits
Hello, orginally I had a class B with a P endorsement, then I went to trucking school for my class A tested out in a manual tractor and trailer 53' I passed road test breaks etc and was award my class A cdl at the DMV, however on my cdl A it states class A and M restriction I live in Tennessee is this a screw up on dmv part and will I have to pay fee again because of there mess up

Hello, orginally I had a class B with a P endorsement, then I went to trucking school for my class A tested out in a manual tractor and trailer 53' I passed road test breaks etc and was award my class A cdl at the DMV, however on my cdl A it states class A and M restriction I live in Tennessee is this a screw up on dmv part and will I have to pay fee again because of there mess up
  • M - If a driver possesses a Class A CDL, but obtains his or her passenger or school bus endorsement in a Class B vehicle the State must place an "M" restriction indicating that the driver can only operate Class B and C passenger vehicle or school buses.
i have no idea.

go in person to the DMV Monday morning

then let us know, what the story was,.

• M - If a driver possesses a Class A CDL, but obtains his or her passenger or school bus endorsement in a Class B vehicle the State must place an "M" restriction indicating that the driver can only operate Class B and C passenger vehicle or school buses.
i have no idea.

go in person to the DMV Monday morning

then let us know, what the story was,.
I have everthing document from trucking school here in Tennessee would I have to pay fee again since it's there error?

Is there a class A passenger vehicle?
Maybe those longer articulated buses?
Maybe you’re restricted from driving those buses so you don’t have a passenger endorsement for your A status?
Sounds kinda weird to me.

No I tested in a tractor trailer 53' for my class A, before I upgraded to a class A. I had a class B with p endorsement.

Class M in Pennsylvania is for motorcycle.... class A is for combination > #26000 / tow # 10000

Restrictions M - no class A passenger vehicle

Endorsements.... P - passenger..... T - Doubles / Triples .... X - tank / Hazmat

No I tested in a tractor trailer 53' for my class A, before I upgraded to a class A. I had a class B with p endorsement.

I think that your P endorsement is only good for small passenger van.... no more than 15 people.... not sure for your state.

And welcome to trucking boards....

I've been told that the DMV is changing things around such as what vehicle you originally tested in to get your CDL
Example; if you tested in a automatic semi tractor, you can't apply at a company that has manual transmission trucks

Never heard this new rule but I'm told it exists

I've been told that the DMV is changing things around such as what vehicle you originally tested in to get your CDL
Example; if you tested in a automatic semi tractor, you can't apply at a company that has manual transmission trucks

Never heard this new rule but I'm told it exists
If you test on an automatic, you will have an automatic only restriction on your CDL. Been that way in Illinois for a while.