Yellow | Do A Thorough PTI!

albag

Pray for peace!
PREMIUM
Credits
Loaded at 211 (Akron) Broke at 309 (Chicago).

TZTSivT.jpg

By wednesday, it will be good to go, back on the highway.
I think Tuesday. Wait a minute. My lift truck has been in the shop 3 weeks just for brakes! It's tore down and ready for new ones. But it just sits day after day. So. That will be a storage trailer. Cause parts are rare. And who wants to drag a crooked trailer behind them? Hehehe.

It could have been a rusty trailer, an overload situation that broke the back of the trailer, or a combination of the two. The trailer tires have been moved forward? It broke in the 309 yard while the yard guy was moving it because his mule is at an angle like he was turning to park it on the fence. I don't know how you guys work the yard, but, at my barn, the only time that a yard guy would be hooked up to a long box is after it had been docked, stripped, and reloaded. I wonder how much weight was on the trailer?

I think Tuesday. Wait a minute. My lift truck has been in the shop 3 weeks just for brakes! It's tore down and ready for new ones. But it just sits day after day. So. That will be a storage trailer. Cause parts are rare. And who wants to drag a crooked trailer behind them? Hehehe.
All the shops have pull-a-parts behind them, and that's where your breaks are going to come from.

It could have been a rusty trailer, an overload situation that broke the back of the trailer, or a combination of the two. The trailer tires have been moved forward? It broke in the 309 yard while the yard guy was moving it because his mule is at an angle like he was turning to park it on the fence. I don't know how you guys work the yard, but, at my barn, the only time that a yard guy would be hooked up to a long box is after it had been docked, stripped, and reloaded. I wonder how much weight was on the trailer?
They trying to fix a driver shortage problem. High and tight.

A PTI? What a joke. Ok that is a little harsh. Tell me if I am wrong. When is the last time any dock person got off their motor dropped 4 ft to the ground & crawled under the trailer they are or were loading looking for rusted main frames or cross members or any other safety issues? Did the last person to load & close the trailer do the same? Your dock PDA or electronics should have caught any over weight problem. Looking like equipment that is not YRC, when did any YRC employee do a PTI on an outside carrier’s equipment? Don't answer that, we already know the answer. How could anyone, dock or yard for see this problem? Is YRC going to hire someone just to inspect or pre trip all the equipment on the property? Ever have a supervisor tell you to drive around the hole in the trailer floor? Did he tell you go ahead & load your trailer even after you showed him the hole in the floor or any other safety issue? Did he say we don’t have any more empties, load it & let the next barn worry about it? So much for your pre trip. To me this happens @ all LTL carrier regardless of the name on the door. All you can do is point it out with a witness when you tell them. CYA. Von.

A PTI? What a joke. Ok that is a little harsh. Tell me if I am wrong. When is the last time any dock person got off their motor dropped 4 ft to the ground & crawled under the trailer they are or were loading looking for rusted main frames or cross members or any other safety issues? Did the last person to load & close the trailer do the same? Your dock PDA or electronics should have caught any over weight problem. Looking like equipment that is not YRC, when did any YRC employee do a PTI on an outside carrier’s equipment? Don't answer that, we already know the answer. How could anyone, dock or yard for see this problem? Is YRC going to hire someone just to inspect or pre trip all the equipment on the property? Ever have a supervisor tell you to drive around the hole in the trailer floor? Did he tell you go ahead & load your trailer even after you showed him the hole in the floor or any other safety issue? Did he say we don’t have any more empties, load it & let the next barn worry about it? So much for your pre trip. To me this happens @ all LTL carrier regardless of the name on the door. All you can do is point it out with a witness when you tell them. CYA. Von.
Reimer is owned by YRC. I guess another possible scenario is a dock person who belly loaded 40,000 plus in maybe 24 feet, because they do not know how to floor out a volume properly?

When the equipment comes apart on you, don't forget to tuck and roll out onto the ground, then wait for the ambulance there on the ground. Then call a lawyer.

Reimer is owned by YRC. I guess another possible scenario is a dock person who belly loaded 40,000 plus in maybe 24 feet, because they do not know how to floor out a volume properly?
I almost made the same mistake when I started ABF. Fellow Teamster set me straight & saved me a whole bunch of grief. I had loaded 4400 in the nose of a pup in just 3.5 feet. Surprised it didn't nose dive. von.

I almost made the same mistake when I started ABF. Fellow Teamster set me straight & saved me a whole bunch of grief. I had loaded 4400 in the nose of a pup in just 3.5 feet. Surprised it didn't nose dive. von.
It probably had a nose pole on it.

We used to have a guy who would tip them up on purpose, they would only go up about a foot til the door frame hit the roof overhang, I walked in one morning and he was running in and out of a pup with a heavy skid trying to tip it the sup on duty said he didn't have the heart to tell me there was a tractor under it..................................................

To me this happens @ all LTL carrier regardless of the name on the door. All you can do is point it out with a witness when you tell them. CYA. Von.
This situation doesn't make sense to me. The dock, at a union carrier, is telling a teamster to work around a safety problem, even though the contracts you guys sign are suppose to keep such things from happening. I work at a non union carrier and the dock, terminal management, and even Central Dispatch are deathly afraid of the Safety Department. The first whiff of a suggestion to let the Safety Department referee a dispute and they cave in faster than a sand tunnel.