AAA Cooper | Do any of you see AAA in St.Loius MO in the next year?

ltlfan

TB Lurker
Credits
I was wondering if any AAA people see you in the STL. metro area anytime soon it seems like a fit with the new terminals such as indy. to fill in the blanks?

I hear they are closing some facilities..... One for sure in Louisiana.. And several more i hear are slated for times ahead...

Come to think of it Mr Loon I have not seen AAA around much here in South Louisiana.

Our city driver said that one of the Cooper city drivers told him that they were closing the Alexandria facility... I have several friends that work at that terminal.. I use to work at Cooper years ago.. About 9 1/2 years.. Sure hate to see this happen to them, if it's true..

To bad I hate to see any closings. It seams busy at all the LTL companies now by the guy's I talk to. I am wishing well for all! I was laid off in July it sucked but I survived.

To bad I hate to see any closings. It seams busy at all the LTL companies now by the guy's I talk to. I am wishing well for all! I was laid off in July it sucked but I survived.

The workers were told they could transfer, but couldn't go with their seniority.. WTH? I wouldn't transfer without my seniority, that's what gets you where you need to be.. You work all these years and have to throw them away, screw that.. I'll take my weeks of severance and find me something else for a while.. I think it's chickensh!t that the Dove's are doing this to their employees.. I had more respect for the old man's teachings of his son than this.. Evidently the little sh!t didn't listen to Dad... Auburn grad, I guess you can't expect anything more...

I just wonder, the old man was tight with the guy who owns Southeastern, wonder if Junior is selling the terminal to them.. They have been wanting to come into that area for some time....

I heard this morning from a very reliable source, a friend of mind who works for Cooper out of Shreveport, told me that cooper is filing for Chapter 11 and their hub in Shreveport and Jackson,Mississippi will close... Not the terminal, just the night hub..

Didn't take long for Junior to go through Daddy's money,did it..

Asked a city driver here in Lafayette and no reply ! Friendly sort he was ...............

Well, Chapter 11, I think, will allow them to restructure... I don't know too many that last long after that... It's a pity that that kid has ruined a good company like Cooper.. When I worked there(9 1/2 years) there was a lot of respect for Mr. Mack and how he ran the company.. A pure shame, that's for sure..

Nothing to the Chapter 11 thing, as I was told by my friend who works on Alexandria.. They are redistributing the area freight to Shreveport,Monroe and Lafayette.. So long Alexandria terminal.you were good to a lot of people.... Friday was their last day...

Went by and talked to some of my old friends last Friday at the Alexandria terminal and told them all so long.... Past by there this past Saturday morning and they only had three trailers left on the yard.. Looks kinda weird..

Hate to hear that, was Alexandria a smaller size term? The other ones that have closed were. Between NAFTA sending so many jobs south of the border and businesses struggling
in this economy, freight is just not there anymore. I'd say the small terminals are harder hit.

Hate to hear that, was Alexandria a smaller size term? The other ones that have closed were. Between NAFTA sending so many jobs south of the border and businesses struggling
in this economy, freight is just not there anymore. I'd say the small terminals are harder hit.

12 doors.. Averaged about 80 bills a day.. Which was what it was doing when I was there 13 years ago... I was told they had been looking at closing some smaller barns a while back.. They are going to spread it between Monroe, Shreveport and Lafayette.... They will loose a lot of freight, because that terminal done a lot of bills as "early delivery"(before 10am) freight... But I guess that doesn't matter now..

I can not believe AAA is still not in the St . Louis market. Perfect transfer point for Chicago to Dallas. Plus there seems to be plenty of freight.

I can not believe AAA is still not in the St . Louis market. Perfect transfer point for Chicago to Dallas. Plus there seems to be plenty of freight.
There was talk of them opening St Louis, Kansas City, Madison, WI and Milwaukee. Then they shut down Minneapolis terminal and never again heard about any of the above mentioned terminals. Not sure if management really knows what it wants to do from one day to the next here at AAA.

I was wondering if any AAA people see you in the STL. metro area anytime soon it seems like a fit with the new terminals such as indy. to fill in the blanks?
I know this is 8 years later but I've heard suppose be opening in St Louis,MO this year.