Yellow | Do the views on Truckingboards represent the work place?

bigbern53

TB Lurker
Credits
While I was at work this week I spoke with road drivers from our company and city drivers from New Penn and New Holland to get a feel of how the vote might go, and it seems that after people consider what is at stake they are voting yes, and when I come on Truckingboards to see how things are going I see a lot of very strong no supporters, who are these people and where did they come from and are they willing to identify what local they work out of?

people like to lie. i am thinking of voting no because they only want to take people with 4 or more weeks vacation, so it is not fair to me.

While I was at work this week I spoke with road drivers from our company and city drivers from New Penn and New Holland to get a feel of how the vote might go, and it seems that after people consider what is at stake they are voting yes, and when I come on Truckingboards to see how things are going I see a lot of very strong no supporters, who are these people and where did they come from and are they willing to identify what local they work out of?
Trolls don't want to be identified. My screen name and profile makes it easy to identify who I am. Between your profile and screen name I am sure that people at Hagarstown know who you are. Those who are urging everyone else to vote no are either, (A) mostly laid off and feel that somehow closing YRCW will be good for them or (B) they don't work for YRCW and our closure would benefit them.

I am not telling anyone how to vote. Just telling you that I am voting no. YRC closing would not benefit me. If the stock ever went up it would benefit me. Still voting no, I think this plan would make things worse.

tn

In memory of local 641

This is not a vote on whether you like the agreement. Obviously such a vote would be 100% against. This is actually a vote on whether you believe the company and the union when they say a no vote will close the doors. A few don't care , well paid wives , financially irresponsible , etc , they are irrelevant. The company says there is no backup position. The union says they have scanned the books and there is no backup position. Some big-mouthed break room cowboys say there is a backup plan. I wouldn't bet on it. Yes , we did give up alot already and the company is still not reaping huge profits. But the past concessions have kept it afloat and us employed.

Man catch me if you can, I am running as I am typing, YES! after all the votes and the concessions, YRCW is still alive and moving freight. Billy Boy did a wonderful job ( didn't he?) YOUR still here, maybe getting rid of him is not a good idea. Go ahead and yell at me. Why is the company still operating? He knew how to sway the finanical people or what? I think he has his plan altogether now and he is finishing it. YRCW will vote YES and there will be a whole new company here and all will prosper. All will be called back and most will be full time, new equipment and beer for all. PBR me now. Annieo would be glad to be back, just ask her. Vwaggs, I do not know I think he is ready to give up. There is a rainbow out there somewhere.

When did Holland become "New" Holland?

most of them are laid off,or those couple of loudmouths that every terminal has,pay no attention to them.just do the right thing for yourself and your family.

A few don't care , well paid wives , financially irresponsible , etc , they are irrelevant.
I think that you left a few examples out. How about the ones that are tired of financially supporting **** poor management practices, the ones that are not willing to continue working without a pension, the ones that are mad about the contract getting shredded, the ones that were smart enough to start preparing (financially) when it was obvious that this company was getting run into the ground, and how about the ones that are completely tired of the negative work environment that these circus clowns have created? Are they all irrelevant? We will see once the votes are counted.

And by the way, many of us at my barn show each other their ballots, and drop the other guys ballot into the mail, that eliminates the chance for the "big-mouthed break room cowboy" that you speak of.

While I was at work this week I spoke with road drivers from our company and city drivers from New Penn and New Holland to get a feel of how the vote might go, and it seems that after people consider what is at stake they are voting yes..........
:biglaugh: Now that is funny. You must have been talking to the ones on the other side of the glass. They aren't drivers and they can't vote. 99% of the the foreign line haul drivers say that they won't vote yes, and probably 75% of my terminal will be voting no also.

i think that you left a few examples out. How about the ones that are tired of financially supporting **** poor management practices, the ones that are not willing to continue working without a pension, the ones that are mad about the contract getting shredded, the ones that were smart enough to start preparing (financially) when it was obvious that this company was getting run into the ground, and how about the ones that are completely tired of the negative work environment that these circus clowns have created? Are they all irrelevant? We will see once the votes are counted.

And by the way, many of us at my barn show each other their ballots, and drop the other guys ballot into the mail, that eliminates the chance for the "big-mouthed break room cowboy" that you speak of.
you forgot to mention the worse recession ever,unemployments as high as its ever been,i guess every company that closed because of this had bad management,wake up and look around,you would probably have no problem sending your kids to school with a free lunch pass because daddy voted no and lost his job,i had a friend who lost his job not by choice and his kids got the card for free lunches,the kids wouldnt use them because the other kids laughed at them.i would never do that to my kids as long as i have a choice.

you forgot to mention the worse recession ever,unemployments as high as its ever been,i guess every company that closed because of this had bad management,wake up and look around,you would probably have no problem sending your kids to school with a free lunch pass because daddy voted no and lost his job,i had a friend who lost his job not by choice and his kids got the card for free lunches,the kids wouldnt use them because the other kids laughed at them.i would never do that to my kids as long as i have a choice.
That's all you got as a counter point? Weak/Lame!!!

When i was a kid if you paid for your lunch you were a sucker
kind of like the people who are willing to pay for other peoples mistakes

Some people talk the talk.But will they walk the walk??We will find out soon enough.

I have a choice, work ethic and a brain to go with it. Rocket Scientist......NOPE! But I'll get by. And we don't even know for sure if a no vote would close the circus down.(contrary to you fear tacticians beliefs) If this circus closes, I'll move on, and I'll have food on the table also.