Yellow | Do the views on Truckingboards represent the work place?

I have a choice, work ethic and a brain to go with it. Rocket Scientist......NOPE! But I'll get by. And we don't even know for sure if a no vote would close the circus down.(contrary to you fear tacticians beliefs) If this circus closes, I'll move on, and I'll have food on the table also.

your my idol

While I was at work this week I spoke with road drivers from our company and city drivers from New Penn and New Holland to get a feel of how the vote might go, and it seems that after people consider what is at stake they are voting yes, and when I come on Truckingboards to see how things are going I see a lot of very strong no supporters, who are these people and where did they come from and are they willing to identify what local they work out of?

Let me see...... I'll answer your question since everyone else that responded tried to tell me to vote yes..........

YRC 653 Terminal
Local 71 Charlotte NC

The majority of the people I talk to here say Hell NO.........

Nahh, Truckingboards is just that a sounding board. Every other vote people got on here saying to vote no and it still passed by quite a bit.

While I was at work this week I spoke with road drivers from our company and city drivers from New Penn and New Holland to get a feel of how the vote might go, and it seems that after people consider what is at stake they are voting yes, and when I come on Truckingboards to see how things are going I see a lot of very strong no supporters, who are these people and where did they come from and are they willing to identify what local they work out of?

okc/531
local 886
:452:

Nahh, Truckingboards is just that a sounding board. Every other vote people got on here saying to vote no and it still passed by quite a bit.
First vote passed with 77% yes. Second vote passed with only 58% yes.

People are tired of funding this POS business plan with their money. I think that they have gone to the well one time too many. Seeing that the last vote only passed by 58% voting yes.......I wouldn't be so confident if I were you.

I'm pretty sure there are a few of the 1700 FedEx employees hoping for a NO vote.....just sayin'

you got that right, bro

Jeff is a capitalist pig like the rest of us..we're all in it for the money

gdpit_com_96762788_43.gif

are you not bro?​

Point some people are missing is that The UNION hall as well as the IBT are also BUSINESSES of sort, So to some degree your interest is also with the survival of OUR union, so Both YRCW and the IBT have a common interest. With that being said let me tell you all..... there is no other company out there that has run for the past 22 months on TEAMSTER FUNDS (Our give backs are proof of this). Management just never got it, whichever u worked for YELLOW, not a bad company and neither was ROADWAY, problem was YRCW left a bunch of SOUR, IGNORANT and BITTER mngmt to run company to the ground, we tamsters throw them all bones to try to survive and no matter how much money you throw at them......they will **** it away. You know reading and looking at the posts on these boards gives anyone the Idea....Mis-management still rules at YRC, and while I know of decent managers and subordinates the major cause of our demise is still at the TOP. VOTE what u will VOTE what u must, but VOTE regardless. BTW I have a new slogan for YRCW... 3 Strikes YOUR OUT! BALL GAME OVER......EVERYONE LOST! Nuff 4 Now!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure there are a few of the 1700 FedEx employees hoping for a NO vote.....just sayin'

I certainly think some think that way just as some here would love to see Fedex go out, but this can be said about any trucking company in our industry, especially those sitting at home regardless of who they work for...

When it comes down to it, all drivers would like to be the ones that eat and that is no different than with you guys...

Tell the truth, if it came down to my family eating or your family eating, which one would you choose?

we would all be working around the clock if this country were making products again.

As well as our Pension would still be financially well if we had continued to organize. Shoulda's, woulda's. Why has business moved offshore? EPA rules, high taxation, regulations, regulations, regulations. Next year will be even worse as Business is hit with ever more rules about what they are Required to do. End most Federal Government, return to our Constitution of letting States and the People operate, End the Federal Income Tax, go with the Fair Tax, and our economy will flourish. Buy I digress.....none of that is happening........

agreed jimmy i dont see a end of these political games in sight and believe the freight industry as we know it is finished. time for a job change for us all. im sure drivers will continue to drive somewhere if thats all they know.
im a dock worker who would rather be in my bed with wife nightly and have done other things in my life and not being afraid to work for a living ill be fine when and if THEY close the doors.
THEY can blame whom ever they want but we and I know the reasons and its not the teamster .that 4 sure

merging FedEx freight with National closing 100 terminals and laying off 1700
but still called FedEx

that might be YRC's next move to offset the no vote

they have New Penn and YRC terminals on the same street

still a lot of overlap in the network to cut and match or exceed the FedEx move
only keep all the brands..a lot of dovetail will wipe out anyone under age 50

hope they don't have to do this

we would all be working around the clock if this country were making products again.

Dam straight longblade most people still think this recession is from the banks crazy loans.The US has closed down 42,000 factories ,and moved them off shore since 2001.Our economy is very sick ,and it will get worse as the feds stimulus runs out to pay for local government jobs .Fact 76,000 thousand government jobs where lost just this month.With no factory jobs, and housing dead , the local tax revenues are running thin.I'm not sure any concessions will be enough to save this company.

As well as our Pension would still be financially well if we had continued to organize. Shoulda's, woulda's. Why has business moved offshore? EPA rules, high taxation, regulations, regulations, regulations. Next year will be even worse as Business is hit with ever more rules about what they are Required to do. End most Federal Government, return to our Constitution of letting States and the People operate, End the Federal Income Tax, go with the Fair Tax, and our economy will flourish. Buy I digress.....none of that is happening........

Regulators let up on Wall Street,Look what happened,De-Regulate Trucking Ind. This is what you get. Free market ain't Free. Just Sayin,Good Luck to All.