Yellow | Do the views on Truckingboards represent the work place?

Well that the vote is in this is a good time to bring back an old post. Do the views on Truckingboards represent the workplace? It doesn't appear so with 67 to 69 percent of the vote was a yes.

Would the "foreign line haul drivers" be the boys heading north of the 49th?
It would seem the men and women in the Pacific North West are the only folks in the YRC system to have the cahones and intelligence to see YRC / IBT for what they are and vote NO to the latest crap from YRC Overland mismanagement group.
Reddaway would lose 90% of it's customers base to other carries if YRC attempted to shutdown and merge Reddaway logistics and customer base into the slow motion YRC system.
Next couple of months should be very interesting for sure.
As you say, if you have "work ethic and a brain to go with it" you'll always be working.
Cheers
GWN

any1 know why they break the vote down into locals . and why does the ibt allow it. if you dont know you will soon . btw i voted no .
our term was a no all other votes the local and yrc did a great job and probably $1,000,000 bullying them all into changing their minds

Nahh, Truckingboards is just that a sounding board. Every other vote people got on here saying to vote no and it still passed by quite a bit.

Like I said 3 weeks ago. Most are just sheep couldn't stand losing this job or any other job for that matter.

Well that the vote is in this is a good time to bring back an old post. Do the views on Truckingboards represent the workplace? It doesn't appear so with 67 to 69 percent of the vote was a yes.
Just goes to show how many ABF and people from other companies post on here pretending to be YRC employees.

thank you ABF

while i was at work this week i spoke with road drivers from our company and city drivers from new penn and new holland to get a feel of how the vote might go, and it seems that after people consider what is at stake they are voting yes, and when i come on truckingboards to see how things are going i see a lot of very strong no supporters, who are these people and where did they come from and are they willing to identify what local they work out of?

chicago local 710 & 705 which both voted it down 705 voted 256-94 and 710 voted 567-739 :452:

Nice to see your life is great on unemployment. Obamas seat went republican and so will you unemployment bennies. THANKS for trying to VOTE me out of a job.

While I was at work this week I spoke with road drivers from our company and city drivers from New Penn and New Holland to get a feel of how the vote might go, and it seems that after people consider what is at stake they are voting yes, and when I come on Truckingboards to see how things are going I see a lot of very strong no supporters, who are these people and where did they come from and are they willing to identify what local they work out of?

The No Voters are just More Vocal!

The Yes Voters just Vote!

We were a no terminal, because we have a stand up guy for our local president. He told us the truth about all this and we voted against it. Well.... its in anyway, so now we just do the best we can, with what we have to work with...