Yellow | Do We Need A Change In Management Top To Bottom?

How many think YRC needs a change in management top to bottom?

• Big change needed

Votes: 30 96.8%
  • No change needed

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
Heck if they don't want to pay a decent salary to attract a competent employee, hire a college grad and train them. Target hires fresh out of college grads and sends them to their own 6 weeks of business training and then to shadow someone for a week.

Well, a fresh out of college kid would be eaten alive on the dock, but at least give then some training on how to do the job and how to work with union labor.
So what are they paying supervisors these days? The people we have now can’t even close a trailer when it’s full and after the dockworker tells them the need a swap out! It really is that pathetic! Tell ya what turn them damn cameras off and tell HR to take a vacation and hire some ex football players like they used to and we will see just how tough the lazy mf’ers are that don’t do their job! Ah the good ol days!!

They have good experienced people working there in the rank and file.
But. Who in their right mind would go into management from there now?
That's where some good people are. Not off the street.... Right now or when I retired even a little over a year ago. It was too late. They are too far into the funk to make it better. So it stays the same.
Dysfunctional.
And that bleeds down. Trickles down.
Some people care. Some don't. Always been that way. Change for the better in management will never come. Not as long as they keep hiring the same over and over. I've seen it. And so happy to be away from it all.
If you've ever seen the movie Groundhog Day with Bill Murray. That's yrc.
But too big to fail? Not really.
Too many factors involved to make it better that they will never figure out.
Never.
If the company and union could come to an agreement that would benefit both parties by getting experience and knowledge to better serve the customers and save on damages.

So what are they paying supervisors these days? The people we have now can’t even close a trailer when it’s full and after the dockworker tells them the need a swap out! It really is that pathetic! Tell ya what turn them damn cameras off and tell HR to take a vacation and hire some ex football players like they used to and we will see just how tough the lazy mf’ers are that don’t do their job! Ah the good ol days!!
Those bastards.

I belong to another group and the talk is always about drivers sitting in motels for 2-4 days so if those lazy ass crappy drivers would get in the truck and drive the outbound freight would get moved!

This crappy driver is sitting in a hotel right now WAITING for a work call.

If we don’t get some freight people running this show no amount of money will ever make a difference!!
I think YRC needs to put together a traveling resue/re-education team. A group that will come to these terminals to work with middle management for a few weeks at a time and show them 1. How to do their job and 2. What's expected of them. A lot of the people in these positions were trained by people that 1. Didn't know how to do the job themselves or 2. Were products of the merger and have a bad attitude. A lot of times you arrive at different terminals and it's like a different company. I think most are good people that simply don't know their jobs or how to do things profitably. Central dispatch would be a great place to start.

I think YRC needs to put together a traveling resue/re-education team. A group that will come to these terminals to work with middle management for a few weeks at a time and show them 1. How to do their job and 2. What's expected of them. A lot of the people in these positions were trained by people that 1. Didn't know how to do the job themselves or 2. Were products of the merger and have a bad attitude. A lot of times you arrive at different terminals and it's like a different company. I think most are good people that simply don't know their jobs or how to do things profitably. Central dispatch would be a great place to start.
We have upper management and the dreaded engineers with us now but they already know everything! On the serious something must change! The customers are there we need the right management!!

Heck if they don't want to pay a decent salary to attract a competent employee, hire a college grad and train them. Target hires fresh out of college grads and sends them to their own 6 weeks of business training and then to shadow someone for a week.

Well, a fresh out of college kid would be eaten alive on the dock, but at least give then some training on how to do the job and how to work with union labor.
I always enjoyed when the new management trainees fresh out of book school showed up. Back when they all wore ties and button down collars.

Yellow used to do that in the late 1990s- early 2000s. Called the Gold Team. Haven’t heard of them since.