Do you remember these LTL Carriers???

I remember almost all of them. Back then they were all regional. I don't think any of them had a national footprint. Roadway only operated east o the Mississippi River. I was surprised to see Dollar Sign at number 6. Never realized they were that big a player at one time. Yellow at the 12 spot was another surprise.

I remember almost all of them. Back then they were all regional. I don't think any of them had a national footprint. Roadway only operated east o the Mississippi River. I was surprised to see Dollar Sign at number 6. Never realized they were that big a player at one time. Yellow at the 12 spot was another surprise.
You old timers may recall them, but most were before my time. :lmao:

I think they were bigger around the rust belt, some of them had special commodities/steel hauler divisions that survived after the freight company went under.

Interstate system and branch both come to mind, I see branchs steel division every day I'm in Detroit. It was called Red Way transportation, after branch went under, it got changed to Red Wing transportation.

Interstate system had Great American Lines/Mill Trucking. They were around until 2010-2011, they got bought out by Centra/Universal (Central transport, Matty morouns umbrella company)

The lowest OR company probably pulled the shortest, lowest trailers, floored out too…
Most of them probably had that stuff.

This stuff shows that these were not so big.....yet everybody thought they were huge:

Prepare for deregulation.....propaganda.

CF wasn’t a National LTL back in 1965?