XPO | Do you think Con-way has given a good example of integrity to its employees?

I find this threat so frustrating. I am a member of management. I completely understand the points of view here. I have read TB for years and never posted, but i felt like i needed to tonight. Yes the company has made some major mistakes the past few years. The local management has been nothing but honest about this at the barn I work at. The decisions over the past years came from only a few people at the very top and the rest of the "management" team has been hand cuffed and socks shoved in our mouths. The past 2.5 months has been nothing but discussions on how to make things right by the customers and the employee's. Don't think for one minute that local SCM's, RM's or even Area VP's haven't been focused on this. There is a long road ahead and a lot of work to be done by ALL. The pay cuts sucked. It effected my family. The 401 k match needs to come back and i bet it does this coming year. The 1 hour set back the other 2.5% return are examples of INTEGRITY that have been made lately. That is not questionable. Are there broken promises?? Yes, but have you broken any promises you made in your interview for your job with Con-way? I bet the answer is yes, even though you'll say no. Doug can't go back and change the past. He can impact the future. Can anyone really say that there is positive momentum right now? I'm happier and it's making me a better member of management. Everyone here has their own story on the bad thing Con-way has done to them. But, bottom line is that Con-way is paying me every week for hard work and that's something we all share in common here. We are what is making this company turn around. I would say that 95% of this is because of the drivers hard work and dedication.. Don't let the bad apples turn the masses. Keep pushing.

Sorry for the rant, i just really had a big drink of the Con-way blue kool aid this month..
welcome to the boards wondering, just a little info for ya, when you post for the first time you are supposed to address the members like this, hi, my name is wonderingsoul, and i an a con-way employee. guess you didnt have a chance to look at the rules. anyway, who are the bad apples ???

The past 2.5 months has been nothing but discussions on how to make things right by the customers and the employee's.[/B] Don't think for one minute that local SCM's, RM's or even Area VP's haven't been focused on this.
Sorry for the rant, i just really had a big drink of the Con-way blue kool aid this month..

So if the past 2.5 months have been all about making things right by the customers and employees, what have you guys come up with???? A GIANT,UNJUST, UNAFFORDABLE and UNFAIR rise in our health care costs??? Finding ways to lose as much business as possible so that we can cut back everyones hours to make it even harder to pay for our healthcare and maybe start laying off people again??? Give me a break, I don't trust anyone in managment above my SCM to have my best interest at heart. Everyone one else in management could be ROBOTS for all I know.

You know, I have drank alot of blue-kool aid myself but this health care increase has got me on the WAGON, NO MORE KOOL-AID FOR ME!!!!!:smilies-19296:

welcome to the boards wondering, just a little info for ya, when you post for the first time you are supposed to address the members like this, hi, my name is wonderingsoul, and i an a con-way employee. guess you didnt have a chance to look at the rules. anyway, who are the bad apples ???

Hi my name is Mudd Flapp and i work for con-way,no more kool aid drinkin here.

I am sensing a common bitterness in a lot of the Con-way threads by people who sound like they really care about this company's future.The company keeps taking from its loyal workers and the workers a very bitter. Can you blame them for being bitter? In the beginning, for our hard work and loyalty (No Union), we were promised a good wage, great benefits, a great retirement package, and a seniority system all comparable to that of union workers in our field. In return they asked us for our hard work and to go the extra mile to give our customers a service product second to none. History shows we held up our end of the bargain. Now, I make less than I did 7 years ago, I pay $400.00 a month more for benefits, I have no retirement, and my seniority is only good for vacation bidding and a very vague job selection, and only when convenient for the company as interpreted by the local SCM. I do not sense a lot of integrity in the way this company has kept up its end of the deal. And telling us if w don't like it we should leave is just a cop- out. How about keeping promises made and maybe that integrity will shine like it should instead of leaving a bad taste in our mouths. It is never to late to make amends. Hey guys on top at the palace, how about some integrity for the people who made your jobs possible. P.S. You may be above the law but God will judge us all in the end. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.

shame on you for believing what management tells you. the only thing keeping them in line is the threat of a union. with that just about gone, working conditions are going to be depressed for a long time.

Do some research, don't just listen to these rants. Yahoo Finance, Bloomberg, morning star..... check out what the experts predict. This company is projected to grow in revenue and operating profit by 10% next year. This company isn't going down the tubes as many of you say.. hahaha Do some research..

Research: July 2009 CNW $44.55/share. Oct. 29, 2010 CNW $33.01. Over 25% decrease in share price over 15 months.

rat is right,can't believe these other kool-aid drinkers or newbies,or gutter rats that probably never made a decent wage before.as for unlimited medical that wasn't con-ways choice it's the new law MORON!!we had wages cut 2 yrs ago while everyone but yrc got raises,now we finally get it back,WITHOUT A RAISE.401k cut,no word of giving it back(like fed-ex in jan)earned vacation STOLEN FROM OUR POCKETS, they didn't give us 2 or 3 weeks pay then start the new system,THEY STOLE 2 OR 3 WEEKS PAY FROM EACH OF US.2 yrs ago icp was SUPPOSED to be solely on reweighs,the midsize fac i ran brought in over 10,000 a week,that's 1/2 million a yr just at that fac,then we were told there was no bonus in dec and it was so small we'd gat a small ck in the spring,new uniforms were promised over a year ago,where are they,we were promised non-racing hats last winter,then in the spring they gave us new hats,RACING HATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!could go on and on but from small points(hats) to important points (money)lies lies lies,they must be newbies because health ins used to be 1% of pay 12 or 14 bucks,now it runs me 100 a week so it went from 700 a year to 5000

as for unlimited medical that wasn't con-ways choice it's the new law MORON!!

:poster_stupid:Our health care used to be 100% company paid before it was it was 1% a week paid by us and please don't believe for a minute that the OUTRAGEOUS increase in our health care contributions are related in any way to the new health care law MORON!!!!

Nationwide health care costs are going up an average of 9% this year, how much have yours gone up this year??? Our health care costs have been rising annually ever so much for several years now and that is understandable, to a point. What Con-way has done was to almost double our costs for 2010 and almost double them again for 2011. If they keep bending us over the barrel like this, some of us will be handing back half our pay checks every week just so that we can have healthcare. WTF!!!!!!:wtflol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Healthcare costs shot up this year because the law says every insurance company has to accept everyone even with pre existing conditions. So they have to build up reserves to take on the new members. I thought they said this law would decrease our costs not increase them.

Hey....look around you..do you see the same people you saw 10 years ago or 5 years ago....probably not..maybe the drivers, but sales, managers ect...all left...why...everyhting they loved about the company is gone...again another exapmle of how a company or ceo's decided to be like everyone else...and they wonder why......if they took the approach of lets start the pension or icp...remember that.. I c p ....no-one in the industry even offers that to the drivers.....and now no one does.....great job conway...i heard this once.....lead the way,here to stay ,proud to say,conway.......