Votes: 7 35.0%
  • I use Faceboook

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • What's a Twitter and Facebook?

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • I love Smokestack

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters
This is the closest to social media I get. I like to keep a low profile. Ex girlfriends can find you on facebook.

So can their lawyers, current lovers, and any kids one fathered.

Hit the lottery someday, and see just how many kids you have fathered. See how many ex-girls friends you had.

See you run far, far away to a deserted island, and see that you have kids there as well.........!!!!!!!!!

And for the record, I do not tweet, face, twit, twinkle, but i do admit to "tinkeling" from time to time.

I think I mentioned before that a former coworker was off work drawing workmen's comp for an injury that he claimed happened on the job. He posted pics on Facebook of a weekend of skiing on the lake. The company & state comp folks found it & he lost his job. The last I heard the state was considering legal action for fraud. This guy had been turned down for compensation on the same alleged injury from a part time employer.
Social media is public domain & what you post there can be used against you in court.

I think I mentioned before that a former coworker was off work drawing workmen's comp for an injury that he claimed happened on the job. He posted pics on Facebook of a weekend of skiing on the lake. The company & state comp folks found it & he lost his job. The last I heard the state was considering legal action for fraud. This guy had been turned down for compensation on the same alleged injury from a part time employer.
Social media is public domain & what you post there can be used against you in court.

well i have seen here as well, someone a fireman exactly, that was out on disability. he was drawing a HUGE disability check each month. then low and behold, an investigator caught him at a gym lifting weights, which he had claimed in his dispute, he could not lift anything! this has now gone into the court system to have him removed form the disability pension, and maybe go back to work as a fireman. if the final outcome, comes up in the next .

Now as in my case, it is documented that i need a second operation, as such, a paper trail has been long ago set when i first go injured. I nary not go to any book and expose my life, let alone my naked body.

cuz no one here would want to see that....!!!!!!!

When ANYONE posts at facebook, twitter, digg, and any in the plethora of social sites, IF ONE USES COMMON SENSE, few problems are then offered.
I care not what ex girlfriends may seek me. One found me (we were last together in '79) and she is happily married with children. We chatted some and I guess she unfriended me, no big deal.

For DCM_Doc:
There are those PAY SEARCH SITES where when anyone wants specific info on anyone, it can be had.
A last name and/or S.S. # and whammo, you can be located.

I read that Kevin Roper the now famous Wal Mart driver had posted remarks about "Four Wheelers" being in his way on his Facebook account. He allegedly said 'move or get hit". If he did in fact post that it will be used against him in court. The phrase "anything you say will be used against you in a court of law" is true for social media as well as. A relative lost her job over posting remarks on Facebook about her coworkers & supervisors. She can't keep her mouth shut nor can she keep her thoughts to herself.

Just so I don't have to start a new thread, if any of you enjoy the old country music over this stuff they call country nowadays, you can use Tunein on your smartphones (on WiFi unless you have unlimited data) to listen to WAME from Statesville NC.

I was kicked out. I showed up with a parrot, eye patch, sword and peg leg... I thought it was a pirates class:36:

pirate-2.jpg