Estes | Do your damn pre & post trip inspections

I’m so tired of getting screwed over by you lazy A$$ MFERS who can’t do proper pre and post trip inspections - it doesn’t take that long to do a walk around when you are done with your trip and do a write up and turn it into the shop and let dispatch know not to reload the trailer and to send it to the shop!!! Matter of fact the extra exercise will do some of you fat lazy MFERS some good - put the donuts and candy bars down and DO YOUR JOB OR QUIT and go work at McDonalds!!!!!
Pretty sad when drivers cannot be professional, and do proper pre trips always in a hurry, exactly slow down and do your jobs

I've been on the phone with a person that left the yard and realized their rear pup wasn't behind them and swore they did a pre trip:biglaugh:
Maybe he thought he did a pre-trip (like me)
I pulled into Greensboro one night, the dock foreman asked what are you doing here?
I said bringing something to put your sorry fanny to work.
He said you better read your trip card, you should be in Greenville.
I said "ain't my fault the dispatcher writes like a doctor"
Off I went to Greenville.

I've been on the phone with a person that left the yard and realized their rear pup wasn't behind them and swore they did a pre trip:biglaugh:
I used to meet one of your guys. He brought me a wrong trailer and said it was right when he left. I never figured out how somebody switched it on him while he was rolling down the highway.

Then he begged me to just take it and not call central. He said the dispatcher was going to get in trouble for calling it out to the hostler wrong, the hostler was going to get in trouble for hooking it wrong, and the guard was going to get in trouble for letting it go out the gate. I said “well dang ain’t none of them pulled it here”

Anyway he doesn’t work here anymore.

I used to meet one of your guys. He brought me a wrong trailer and said it was right when he left. I never figured out how somebody switched it on him while he was rolling down the highway.

Then he begged me to just take it and not call central. He said the dispatcher was going to get in trouble for calling it out to the hostler wrong, the hostler was going to get in trouble for hooking it wrong, and the guard was going to get in trouble for letting it go out the gate. I said “well dang ain’t none of them pulled it here”

Surely they didn't fire him for that, They laughed at me for going to the wrong place.

I met a guy like that ,shows up with wrong trailer and said it's only one digit off what's the big deal and I said this ain't no game show son

Several terminals have lazy mechanics that are just there for a pay check. Pull in and ask them to fix something they look at you with contempt. I even heard one tell another driver that was from a different terminal to take his tractor back to his home terminal to get them to fix it so it would not come out his budget.

Until you get busted at the scale and put out of service!! People like you are part of the problem not part of the solution
Methinks he meant that facetiously

That said it aint just a driver issue, although ya they usually the biggest issue. Could also be incompetence on the shop foreman’s part and stuff just never gettin fixed