Estes | Do your damn pre & post trip inspections

Silver67

TB Lurker
Credits
I’m so tired of getting screwed over by you lazy A$$ MFERS who can’t do proper pre and post trip inspections - it doesn’t take that long to do a walk around when you are done with your trip and do a write up and turn it into the shop and let dispatch know not to reload the trailer and to send it to the shop!!! Matter of fact the extra exercise will do some of you fat lazy MFERS some good - put the donuts and candy bars down and DO YOUR JOB OR QUIT and go work at McDonalds!!!!!

Even if you do all that I doubt that anyone will do anything about it. You could even leave a note in the light box and hope the spotter sees it and dead lines it but I'm willing to bet it ends up in the load line or with the empties. The company motto is "it's someone else's problem". Maybe if they paid drivers to get equipment repaired it wouldn't be such a big issue.

I see a lot of posts here and on fb where drivers sit on the side of the road waiting on a tire man to show. To each their own but not me

Ya because they are too STUPID to properly pre trip a dolly BEFORE they take it from the pad!!
I’ve gotten to where I back a trailer and dolly together. Been doing it for years and am pretty good at it. I’ll go ahead and hook the air lines and electrical cord to the lead and air it up before I leave the pad area with it. It’s a lot easier to find air leaks and ABS light problems there than after you have everything hooked up, and there’s not a good way to do it pulling it around behind your tractor.

Also it looks cool Trump1

I’ve gotten to where I back a trailer and dolly together. Been doing it for years and am pretty good at it. I’ll go ahead and hook the air lines and electrical cord to the lead and air it up before I leave the pad area with it. It’s a lot easier to find air leaks and ABS light problems there than after you have everything hooked up, and there’s not a good way to do it pulling it around behind your tractor.

Also it looks cool Trump1
Same here ,sometimes I move the tail to a more pleasant location , and when the tail is in the row I flip a red placard on the trailer next to the tail to stay oriented when in reverse , since this is an Estes thread I will assume the trailers have no access to the crank handle , crease , crumple , cram Go Jockey !

Last edited: