Central Transport | Dock Jobs

I applied for a job at the Chicago Ridge terminal & wanted to know the starting wage, about insurance, OT & other benefits.
As a Ridge Sox employee, you will receive,
Starting wage is $24.55 per hour, with OT for extra innings, or double headers.
Fully paid health care, $300
Deductible, and $3,000 out of pocket
Also incentive pay for each tray of popcorn you sell over your normal goal.

As a Ridge Sox employee, you will receive,
Starting wage is $24.55 per hour, with OT for extra innings, or double headers.
Fully paid health care, $300
Deductible, and $3,000 out of pocket
Also incentive pay for each tray of popcorn you sell over your normal goal.
3000 is a little high for total out of pocket, but you would be hard pressed to find medical insurance like that anywhere. von.

3000 is a little high for total out of pocket, but you would be hard pressed to find medical insurance like that anywhere. von.

I don't think so Von, I overheard 3 ladies bragging on their husbands that were insurance salesmen.
One said her husband's policy covered you from the day you're born till the day you die.
The other lady said her husband's policy covered you from the womb to the tomb.
Other lady said, "that's nothing, my husband's covers you from the injection to the resurrection."

I don't think so Von, I overheard 3 ladies bragging on their husbands that were insurance salesmen.
One said her husband's policy covered you from the day you're born till the day you die.
The other lady said her husband's policy covered you from the womb to the tomb.
Other lady said, "that's nothing, my husband's covers you from the injection to the resurrection."
Good one Seabreeze. But I was shocked 6 months before I retired what it was costing for 2 adult coverage with maybe half the benefits for what I was getting from C-6. I got lucky with all my surgeries that my surgeon signed off on my disability. And it really is legit. I swore I would go to the ER anytime I would need a doctor. Pay 50 month towards your 100,000 debit & line up for free medical like all the undocumented illegal aliens do. Good for the goose good for the gander. And now Biden wants to open the borders & give FREE medical care to them but tax the hell out of the middle class, this country's bread & butter. But wait he can't tax these hard working people cause they have no income to tax because of his executive order shutdown.I am just glad I can watch this from the sidelines, & not from the time clock. von.

Not hard press at all . For excellent insurance employer paid and pensions included go in Teamsters 705 Chicago like Central was once .Dues might be 60 bucks a month but well worth it .
Yep in the nineties the hall would send me to central on mannheim in hillside or sometimes m j seiwert on hubbard and damen

I applied for a job at the Chicago Ridge terminal & wanted to know the starting wage, about insurance, OT & other benefits.
No amount of money would be enough to work at this cesspool. Don’t waste your time here. Build seniority with a company that has a bright future. Old Dominion, SAIA, Estes, FedEx, UPS, these sort of companies. Central is the bottom feeder in LTL.

Stay away from Central. I used to work there when I first started. Totally ignorant when it comes to safety and DOT rules