Yellow | Dock only guys where are you going to find a job making $19.00 an hour

:1036316054

Interesting, Jay C. The "light" has come on...
Is what you propose in "Your Dirty Mind," that we look at the big picture, make sure we have as much information as possible before we make a decision and not jump to conclusions based on what we see on the surface?

It is always darkest just before the dawn.:popcorn:

thpnguinwlcumback.gif

ya copy that Elwood, there's a lot of suicidal talk around here
the crew wants their money and they don't want to wait
too long for it

I still get a kick out of how the "yes" men pretty much guarantee that the company will close if we vote no.:popcorn:

it appears they are determined to keep on truckin and beat crisis after crisis

if they do stay open there will be hell to pay if the regionals vote it down and YRC votes yes

I uh won't elaborate on that

it appears they are determined to keep on truckin and beat crisis after crisis

if they do stay open there will be hell to pay if the regionals vote it down and YRC votes yes

I uh won't elaborate on that
Well let's see. Punish the regionals if they vote no? What will they do if they kill the cash cows? HHHMMMM. I'm guessing an immediate closure for the whole operation would soon follow. We shall see.

why put a question to the dock only guys in the first place? The real question is how much can you afford to give? we all adjusted the way we live due to the last pay cut and figured it if went well we would work a little longer to make up for the lost pension time. So the real question is to all YRC Employees, how much can you afford to give before your personally taking on debt yourself because of the debt that managment of this company has brought on? Regardless of what position you hold in the company at some point it has to be worth it to come to work. And as far the LOA goes my barn denies them unless its another job that pays into your pension, So its not as easy as walking in and saying I'm taking a leave of absence because I can earn a better days pay picking corn.

Well let's see. Punish the regionals if they vote no? What will they do if they kill the cash cows? HHHMMMM. I'm guessing an immediate closure for the whole operation would soon follow. We shall see.

I doubt they would close the great ones..I mean maybe some personnel changes

after all there are a lot of 20+ yr people at YRC laid off

you know the seniority shall prevail thing

I doubt they would close the great ones..I mean maybe some personnel changes

after all there are a lot of 20+ yr people at YRC laid off

you know the seniority shall prevail thing
The last time when NP voted no they didn't threaten to "close it" they threatened to "absorb it into YRC":Rulz:
And then NP voted yes

why put a question to the dock only guys in the first place? The real question is how much can you afford to give? we all adjusted the way we live due to the last pay cut and figured it if went well we would work a little longer to make up for the lost pension time. So the real question is to all YRC Employees, how much can you afford to give before your personally taking on debt yourself because of the debt that managment of this company has brought on? Regardless of what position you hold in the company at some point it has to be worth it to come to work. And as far the LOA goes my barn denies them unless its another job that pays into your pension, So its not as easy as walking in and saying I'm taking a leave of absence because I can earn a better days pay picking corn.
So are you saying the clause for LOA only works if it benefits your terminal but doesn't really apply if you try to use it to move on with your life and take care of your family. Don't get it. I thought this was the goldon donut that YRC threw out so they did not have to lay off more peopple. Guess I was wrong.

What Corporate greed ?? If Zollars is out , he takes seven million $$$ with him .And I have been hearing how non union carriers have been killing us for over 25 years.Conway is going back to full pay 1/1/11.I haven't been able to verify it ,but I'm told UPS Freight will be making $26 when our contract ends .And YRCW has announced a 5.9 % Rate increase .SOOOOOOO. when you get back to the pond ,if it quacks like a duck ,its a duck .Corporate greed and poor management are the reason YRCW is in this mess. We were asked to give,& ,we gave.I will give NO MORE .Live up to the agreement in place .To say the concessions are to service the debt will require you to prove that .They rob Peter to pay Paul every week. Including salaries and Welfare contributions.

already happening at expense of dock jobs, no union help either.
we still cant have every 5th or 6th employee being managment. no other business can sustain this at managemnts rate of pay.

So are you saying the clause for LOA only works if it benefits your terminal but doesn't really apply if you try to use it to move on with your life and take care of your family. Don't get it. I thought this was the goldon donut that YRC threw out so they did not have to lay off more peopple. Guess I was wrong.
NO not a particular terminal, But the LOA states "when an employee is leaving for employment that pays into a pension fund". My particular terminal which is a New Penn terminal denies the LOA if the job your looking to go to does not pay into a pension fund. Others may be allowing it but mine does not.

There is also a personal LOA we can take.

You can take it because you want to drive across the desert looking at shooting stars and they must grant it. If you happen to make your desire to see shooting stars pay, by being in another companies truck while looking at them, that was just a by product of why you took the leave and not the reason for it. If necessary to feed your family, use the same type of contract interpretations they use to put Teamsters out of work. It is only fair play.

the funniest part of all this is every1 think that if they close the doors the world ends . has any1 ever worked a job NOT freight? omg omg omg im sure i couldnt wait to find my next freight job if this pos was to end .
this crap closes tomorrow and i would never look in the freight world again . im not afraid to work or get dirty ive worked other lines of jobs and lived well and could do it again and might even be happy to punch in and out daily again

Nobody will know anything about the new MOU until after the meetings on Wednesday, then I'm sure some word will leak out. We haven't seen anything and are deciding how to vote on something we know nothing about! One other thing, I believe if the company does file bankruptcy, the contract will be voided and everyone will be affected, pay-wise, benefit-wise and on seniority. It will be a new Non-union entity good luck with that. Start thinking about this before you make any half-cocked decisions

Why do you think Zollars won't retire until his master plan is in order? To get Teamsters out of trucking for good! That's the Plan!!!

I dont understand why you guys would even think about given that pension back .. what about the other brothers in this union,that pension is GOLD,you better not give it up,you will be sorry when you get OLD.

I dont understand why you guys would even think about given that pension back .. what about the other brothers in this union,that pension is GOLD,you better not give it up,you will be sorry when you get OLD.

Agreed Truckerboy, I took an LOA and this company only pays 3.20 an hour into the pension.....very weak but I was able to find a teamster job! :1036316054: