Yellow | Dock only guys where are you going to find a job making $19.00 an hour

wendyfacecloth

TB Lurker
Credits
Im a little confused, can one of you please explain how a dock only guy is going to find another job making $19.00 an hour,

So for all the guys that are saying no no no, where are you going to go??? Without a CDL?

Just curious, I dont feel any yrc employee deserves to have anything else taken away from them, but dock only guys what are you going to do????

I think that what your saying is, I can't find a job so everyone needs to give Zollars what he wants.

The drivers have the same concern,

Last edited by a moderator:
Good question Wendy....I agree, I hate to give up any more but we have to be smart about what we say and how we vote. I see you have had two replys so far, but no answers. This not only pertains to dock guys but city and road drivers also. I will wait for someone to give you an answer. It sems much easier for all of us to jump on the "no" bandwagon. I am willing to listen to where it is better and where we can all go "if we shut YRC down" Congrats on your post

the bottom line is they are going to cut until they cent cut anymore ,will you still have a job the answer is very few of us will ,so whats it really matter we will be working for a check only anyway !!!!!!!

Good question Wendy....I agree, I hate to give up any more but we have to be smart about what we say and how we vote. I see you have had two replys so far, but no answers. This not only pertains to dock guys but city and road drivers also. I will wait for someone to give you an answer. It sems much easier for all of us to jump on the "no" bandwagon. I am willing to listen to where it is better and where we can all go "if we shut YRC down" Congrats on your post
I think the answer is go get a CDL, but I'm sure ya got a problem with that.

Im a little confused, can one of you please explain how a dock only guy is going to find another job making $19.00 an hour,

So for all the guys that are saying no no no, where are you going to go??? Without a CDL?

Just curious, I dont feel any yrc employee deserves to have anything else taken away from them, but dock only guys what are you going to do????

Too bad your question requires a rational and informed answer. Because for the most part all you will see here are knee jerk responces. The disappointing aspect of most of the debates I see here is that few understand that in addition to a VERY slow economy which means fewer shipments, the competition for those few shipments is now divided between many more companies. And YRCW companies and ABF are the only ones that are union. Also there is NO comparison between YRCW and ABF. YRCW is $1,500,000,000 in debt and no matter how or why it is a FACT that cannot be overlooked. And because of that debt and the need to service it YRCW will have no choice but to seek further concession.
The current MOU provides for LOAs that ANYONE can use. If those who are unhappy with the current working conditions at YRCW are not taking advantage of a LOA who's fault is that? Perhaps those people DEEP down know that there are few if ANY jobs that are similar to those at YRCW.
And I whole heartedly agree that anyone who does not possess a fully endorsed CDL will find that prospects for employment are scarce at best.
Make NO mistake I am extremely unhappy with the situation as it has evolved but until I see what has been proposed I am NOT going to say JUST VOTE NO!

By finding a job with better healthcare and lower copays ,closer to home for less commute expense , and overall better health due to reduced stress from YRC BS , $19 an hour is just a number .Many ways to look at the situation .Will your vote feed your family ,or corporate greed ??

By finding a job with better healthcare and lower copays ,closer to home for less commute expense , and overall better health due to reduced stress from YRC BS , $19 an hour is just a number .Many ways to look at the situation .Will your vote feed your family ,or corporate greed ??
What corporate greed? The concessions only provide money to service the $1,500,000,000 debt. So the question becomes are you going to provide for your family? When are some of you going to wake up and realize that the non-union competition (FedEx, Conway, Vitran, ETC.) as well as the so called union competitiion (UPS Freight which does NOT contribute to ANY multi employer funds) are killing us in the market.
And as far as $19.00 an hour just being a number to some it is a minimum requirement to make ends meet. Whether that is right or wrong, it is a fact. And for many it is the primary question!!!

Too bad your question requires a rational and informed answer. Because for the most part all you will see here are knee jerk responces. The disappointing aspect of most of the debates I see here is that few understand that in addition to a VERY slow economy which means fewer shipments, the competition for those few shipments is now divided between many more companies. And YRCW companies and ABF are the only ones that are union. Also there is NO comparison between YRCW and ABF. YRCW is $1,500,000,000 in debt and no matter how or why it is a FACT that cannot be overlooked. And because of that debt and the need to service it YRCW will have no choice but to seek further concession.
The current MOU provides for LOAs that ANYONE can use. If those who are unhappy with the current working conditions at YRCW are not taking advantage of a LOA who's fault is that? Perhaps those people DEEP down know that there are few if ANY jobs that are similar to those at YRCW.
And I whole heartedly agree that anyone who does not possess a fully endorsed CDL will find that prospects for employment are scarce at best.
Make NO mistake I am extremely unhappy with the situation as it has evolved but until I see what has been proposed I am NOT going to say JUST VOTE NO!
So just what are you saying? Very elegent, long, post to say nothing. Wendy has the protection of a separate board, but wants everyone to worry about what will happen to "them" next. Sorry all I heard was MeMeMe in the original post. :popcorn:

So just what are you saying? Very elegent, long, post to say nothing. Wendy has the protection of a separate board, but wants everyone to worry about what will happen to "them" next. Sorry all I heard was MeMeMe in the original post. :popcorn:

You missed the point. If you are unhappy VOTE with your feet, take a leave and find out whether or not the grass is greener. Those who do not possess a CDL don't realize that there are VERY few jobs for them. And even fewer that will provide for their families.

What corporate greed? The concessions only provide money to service the $1,500,000,000 debt. So the question becomes are you going to provide for your family? When are some of you going to wake up and realize that the non-union competition (FedEx, Conway, Vitran, ETC.) as well as the so called union competitiion (UPS Freight which does NOT contribute to ANY multi employer funds) are killing us in the market.
And as far as $19.00 an hour just being a number to some it is a minimum requirement to make ends meet. Whether that is right or wrong, it is a fact. And for many it is the primary question!!!

Are you new? At what point will you yes boys realize that working conditions and a fair days work go along with a fair days pay? It all goes together. We as union members (or lack there of) pay dues for a reason and the reason is not to continue to give to a company to take take take!!! If you feel as though you are not able to do anything other than drive a truck or drive a forklift you may want to get yo arse back in adult school or college , trade school etc. and learn something. The good'ol days are over, and we all have to face it pure and simple! If we continue to give back and NOT "get back" there really is no point in keeping this company afloat IMO. If you want to stay in this business VOTE NO! Vote no because the freight has to go somewhere . Dont bring the wages benies down any further. YRC and the union is now doing what the "nons" have been doing since deregulation and that is bringing wages and working conditions down to floor level. With that said we can go do bad on our own!!

The T.M. at our barn, suggested to the dock only guys to get there CDL, and from what I know yrcw would pay for some of the cost.
If the T.M. is suggesting you get your CDL hes trying to tell you something. From what I know only one guy out of 20 went to get his CDL and hes working everyday, all the other guys that are dock workers WITHOUT their CDL are laid off 3 days out of 5. Only get used on Monday and Friday, I would say get your CDL if the co is offering to help pay, it might insure you to have a job.

You missed the point. If you are unhappy VOTE with your feet, take a leave and find out whether or not the grass is greener. Those who do not possess a CDL don't realize that there are VERY few jobs for them. And even fewer that will provide for their families.

And leave it all for the ones that are happy. You have no more right to force your happiness "at all cost" on me than I have to force my miserableness on you. And vice versa. Looks like were joined at the hip, doesn't it.

:1036316054

mind.jpg

is getting dirtier..wendy knows the dock-men are the highest paid on the planet @ $19.00 an hour​

it don't get any better than that​

Interesting, Jay C. The "light" has come on...
Is what you propose in "Your Dirty Mind," that we look at the big picture, make sure we have as much information as possible before we make a decision and not jump to conclusions based on what we see on the surface?

It is always darkest just before the dawn.:popcorn:

The T.M. at our barn, suggested to the dock only guys to get there CDL, and from what I know yrcw would pay for some of the cost.
If the T.M. is suggesting you get your CDL hes trying to tell you something. From what I know only one guy out of 20 went to get his CDL and hes working everyday, all the other guys that are dock workers WITHOUT their CDL are laid off 3 days out of 5. Only get used on Monday and Friday, I would say get your CDL if the co is offering to help pay, it might insure you to have a job.

Look here washcloth, yeah that CDL program was a hidden message to what is to become and that message was they won't continue to pay someone that amount of $$$ to only be one dimensional in their eyes. With that said whats next, city peddle man coming off the street then having to unload his trailer and perform outbound work. Roadmen will perform all moves on the yard.huh? whats next??? when will it stop washcloth.

The fact is 15% wage cut force to work men more hours for less pay, run us in the ground with more work, instead of bringing a laid off man in, forced to move over hundred miles to keep my job, longer commute to work, driving all these mini lay down runs (5 hrs andthen waiting 18 hrs to get back home), incompetent management and we all are supposed to be happy with a good attitude. I don't think so, YRC saying "don't worry be happy"

.Concessions were meant to service the debt,but that didnt happen either!!Debt is about the same,(or do we really know) the assets are minamal at best.These earnings reports with this EBITDA crap is nothing but creative accounting!