FedEx Freight | Dock Pictures

I don't need dock pics. I see it everyday. Nothing strapped, hazmat not strapped, trailer not placarded. I had a trailer that was supposed to be marked Explosive out in the yard with nary a card. I don't mind as long as leadership knows I waste an hour or more each day correcting errors that should have been caught during the loading process.

They can always fire me. I don't give a damn.

Ive taken pictures when I felt like it. Problems begin in highly secure facilities and they eyeball you to make sure you don't have a damn thing.

Those piles and hazmat on bottom tells me the drivers and dock people cannot be bothered to care. They wont bend down for a thousand dollars scattered on the floor. Its going to get really ugly in the future.

I have refused shippers when they offered a load in a pile. My Company roars that I have no authority to say no, I tell them to get on a plane and see for yourself. You want to lose a little money now or a one hell of a lot money on cargo value at arrival when its REFUSED?

Silence.

Then again there are times they tell me I will be taking it anyway money be damned, I say cut me a little extra of that and you wont hear another word. Those loads come out to be some of the absolute worst and causes me to question investing my life into such a horrible POS industry at all sometimes.

One load stands out over all others in my memory. Little blue facial cream cups. No lids. Empty going to noxeuma factory or some such out of Mass to be filled up for retail. Forklift man has to tilt two pallets to fit the whole thing under the old return chute up top that was scraping just a little tiny bit.

That dried up old unlubricated yankee went off and said F-you I aint loading **** on this trailer. BYE. My phone call to dispatch bounced around to bigger and bigger suits. All of them asking WTF?

Forklift driver gets called into his office with a profanity attached to his name at the end of the dock there. The muted screaming was mostly one way. Forklift driver roars back, I aint loading THAT. F-you and stomped to his car and screeched off.

That reminds me of the summer of 96. I was talking to a road driver about how they were overpaid when the dispatcher calls and says he had a 46k steel coil to pick up.

I'm running a 28' liftgate and forgot to get straps that morning. All I had was the rubber wheel chock for the pallet jack, so I sat the coil down dead center on the chock so it wouldn't move. The coil arrived perfectly intact.

What was ironic is I got the purple promise award for excellent customer service but also got a write up for not sweeping out the trailer. I did also get a couple hot dogs out of the deal, so it turned out ok.

I'm sorry
They can always fire me. I don't give a damn.

Ive taken pictures when I felt like it. Problems begin in highly secure facilities and they eyeball you to make sure you don't have a damn thing.

Those piles and hazmat on bottom tells me the drivers and dock people cannot be bothered to care. They wont bend down for a thousand dollars scattered on the floor. Its going to get really ugly in the future.

I have refused shippers when they offered a load in a pile. My Company roars that I have no authority to say no, I tell them to get on a plane and see for yourself. You want to lose a little money now or a one hell of a lot money on cargo value at arrival when its REFUSED?

Silence.

Then again there are times they tell me I will be taking it anyway money be damned, I say cut me a little extra of that and you wont hear another word. Those loads come out to be some of the absolute worst and causes me to question investing my life into such a horrible POS industry at all sometimes.

One load stands out over all others in my memory. Little blue facial cream cups. No lids. Empty going to noxeuma factory or some such out of Mass to be filled up for retail. Forklift man has to tilt two pallets to fit the whole thing under the old return chute up top that was scraping just a little tiny bit.

That dried up old unlubricated yankee went off and said F-you I aint loading **** on this trailer. BYE. My phone call to dispatch bounced around to bigger and bigger suits. All of them asking WTF?

Forklift driver gets called into his office with a profanity attached to his name at the end of the dock there. The muted screaming was mostly one way. Forklift driver roars back, I aint loading THAT. F-you and stomped to his car and screeched off.

Everyone was out a one hell of a lot of money. And there was the question of two pallets to unjam from the front of my trailer.

One cup at a time. To this day I cannot stand to see that product in any store.
I'm sorry. That's the most convoluted POS I've read in a while. Do you work for FXF? Bottom line is if you refuse something, then that is it.

I don't need dock pics. I see it everyday. Nothing strapped, hazmat not strapped, trailer not placarded. I had a trailer that was supposed to be marked Explosive out in the yard with nary a card. I don't mind as long as leadership knows I waste an hour or more each day correcting errors that should have been caught during the loading process.

Leadership.....LOL

I'm sorry

I'm sorry. That's the most convoluted POS I've read in a while. Do you work for FXF? Bottom line is if you refuse something, then that is it.
Im sorry its not the best material for you. We have had our last conversation.

Typical as some people need to spell out A then B and C and so on.

That reminds me of the summer of 96. I was talking to a road driver about how they were overpaid when the dispatcher calls and says he had a 46k steel coil to pick up.

I'm running a 28' liftgate and forgot to get straps that morning. All I had was the rubber wheel chock for the pallet jack, so I sat the coil down dead center on the chock so it wouldn't move. The coil arrived perfectly intact.

What was ironic is I got the purple promise award for excellent customer service but also got a write up for not sweeping out the trailer. I did also get a couple hot dogs out of the deal, so it turned out ok.
52000 steel coil will come out to about 24 feet, 8.5 high and wide.

46000 would come out to damn near that much. And its chain country not straps.

The Diamond Says Class III red for flammable but the middle has the oxidizer. SO Im thinking hydrogen peroxide, Nitrates etc.

I went over my book and no such red diamond with oxidizer exist. So I must think its a Class III and a Oxidizer class at the same time by it's nature.

ORMD would be another part of this. But the picture does not resolve very clearly or well for me to gain any further knowledge from those little bitty diamonds.

This is what happens when you load tall skids and don't strap them to the wall. Trailer was only pulled from the door and parked in the yard by the jockey.

20200116_104623.md.jpg