FedEx Freight | Dock Pictures

Just asking, Streak. But doesn’t FedEx have air bags on their docks too?

They have everything you need to minimize damage to the freight. To make it even easier, the forklifts have air compressors and hoses so you can fill the air bags. Nobody has time for that.

No one gives a crap. I would like some upper management safety guy to come to a hub and just take note of all the lack of dunnage and zero straps on hazmat. Plus stacked hazmat either on top of or below. It’s ridiculous. My favorite is when morons load skids of hazmat drums with the straps on top but still fail to secure the freight.
All the regional district managers e-mails are located on the bulletin boards along with their cell #s. Start sending the pictures to these directors and see if anything changes. I doubt it but worth a shot. Especially the Haz Mat and safety issues on these trailers. Don't even bother with your local leadership the pictures show they could give a rat's a$$ about anything.

All the regional district managers e-mails are located on the bulletin boards along with their cell #s. Start sending the pictures to these directors and see if anything changes. I doubt it but worth a shot. Especially the Haz Mat and safety issues on these trailers. Don't even bother with your local leadership the pictures show they could give a rat's a$$ about anything.
Could be a big claim coming on those spilled rubber dongs. May have some wood slivers in them now.

My guess is you have not worked for very many motor carriers.This happens every day.Because nobody cares.
FedEx is the only motor carrier I have ever worked for.. I've been here a little over 2 years.. I'm noticing a growing amount of negligence. There was always some, but now it's like nobody cares at all and they're ridiculously lazy. You would think BPH played a part in their paycheck, when the reality is you make more by doing things right. Taking time to build a deck, strap freight, use air bags will lead to more time on the clock and less damages coming out of the companies profit margin. Instead, they move all the freight and complain about getting kicked out early.

FedEx is the only motor carrier I have ever worked for.. I've been here a little over 2 years.. I'm noticing a growing amount of negligence. There was always some, but now it's like nobody cares at all and they're ridiculously lazy. You would think BPH played a part in their paycheck, when the reality is you make more by doing things right. Taking time to build a deck, strap freight, use air bags will lead to more time on the clock and less damages coming out of the companies profit margin. Instead, they move all the freight and complain about getting kicked out early.
Probably a situation where guys spend more time on social media and taking photos than doing a good job. Playing games, posting on Facebook and Twitter and YouTube.

Probably a situation where guys spend more time on social media and taking photos than doing a good job. Playing games, posting on Facebook and Twitter and YouTube.
I hope you are not a guilty party to this and you speak of what you see on a daily basis . I like it when you see a forklift shut off and the drivers feet up hiding in a empty just looking at the phone .

I hope you are not a guilty party to this and you speak of what you see on a daily basis . I like it when you see a forklift shut off and the drivers feet up hiding in a empty just looking at the phone .
I honestly think that if you took the phone's away from this younger generation, they would fall over dead. It is like their phones are hard-wired directly to their brain and they cannot survive without it. Maybe not all of them, but the vast majority of today's younger generation are like this.

That’s old school.You don’t have that type of attitude with the newer generation.If management doesn’t care ,Why should I.Part of the problem ,Not the solution

They have everything you need to minimize damage to the freight. To make it even easier, the forklifts have air compressors and hoses so you can fill the air bags. Nobody has time for that.
Or the money in the bags.

There are times I recognize a need for bags and almost have to move heaven and earth to have them put on while loading nose to tail. They cannot be bothered.