Holland | Dock To Driver Interview

If the Terminal Managers have people in training and their boss is giving them heck about he numbers, they need to remind their boss about the trainee(s). And with some math skills, they should be able to shut their boss up about the numbers. Unless the TM's numbers are bad with or without the trainees. Then that's a different argument that can't be explained away.
If the division level bosses don't realize that the numbers will suffer a bit until the trainees are on there own, they probably shouldn't be at division level either.......because they are a narrow minded dumbass.
Maybe the TM needs further training????

The TM's usually understand the numbers pretty good, it's the people skills that most of them lack.
:popcorn:
Or in our case, having a former CW boss now trying to run our place like he ran theirs. And the numbers are all out of whack now.

Yes, keep trying we need good people. This conversation reminds me of the good old days. When I got hired I had to bug the TM for a while. That's why I do like this dock to driver program. If they do it right we can get good workers that need to be trained to drive. Instead of a person that has a heart beat and a CDL. Some terminals have had this dock to driver for a while, others it is a new thing in the past year. I don't know if Chattanooga is new to this program. If we hire good people maybe we won't have to give back 15% forever.

Yes, keep trying we need good people. This conversation reminds me of the good old days. When I got hired I had to bug the TM for a while. That's why I do like this dock to driver program. If they do it right we can get good workers that need to be trained to drive. Instead of a person that has a heart beat and a CDL. Some terminals have had this dock to driver for a while, others it is a new thing in the past year. I don't know if Chattanooga is new to this program. If we hire good people maybe we won't have to give back 15% forever.
I'm definitely gonna stay in touch with the TM. Now that you mention it I don't seem to remember seeing them advertise for this position in the past. All I remember seeing was an occasional ad for a part time dock worker. But whatever happens I appreciate everyone's help on here. I'll keep everyone updated. Also, I like what you did with the 15% forever in the last sentence lol.

I'm definitely gonna stay in touch with the TM. Now that you mention it I don't seem to remember seeing them advertise for this position in the past. All I remember seeing was an occasional ad for a part time dock worker. But whatever happens I appreciate everyone's help on here. I'll keep everyone updated. Also, I like what you did with the 15% forever in the last sentence lol.
Just keep at it, all in all this is still a very good job. I've actually become good friends with one of our new guys which reminds me this is still a good job. He tells me all the time this is the best job he's ever had. I guy forgets you get paid for everything you do here. Not that way at other trucking jobs. Health insurance is awesome. Some of us just get hung up on what we lost.