Dayton | Does Dayton run single axle or tandems in linehaul?

redneck GIF

Did you come up with that theory after you got done hanging out with wong?
That's pure torture

We used to force a particular merry go around beyond design speed at school. Rounded up some of the high school boys and put 10 of them around the perimeter to spin the merry go around. Really fast.

All we had to do is find a way to fasten our bodies into the steel brackets and hang on no matter how bad the Gs got. It was not long before we learned to be in the middle in one chained group together linked where there was hardly any G.

One day two tubbies were on the same sector of that merry go around. The high school kids spun us around as usual. A weld failed. They fixed it of course. But the Tubbies were put on opposite sides now,

Just curious with the bad weather in the midwest.
We only run long boxes, no sets of doubles, so linehaul is strictly run with twin screws. Some city drivers use single axles, but no road drivers.

Not that any particular setup helps when running empty on ice in Indiana.

We only run long boxes, no sets of doubles, so linehaul is strictly run with twin screws. Some city drivers use single axles, but no road drivers.

Not that any particular setup helps when running empty on ice in Indiana.

My solution has been a couple hundred dollars in bagged cement applied to the nose of the trailer over the drives. Toss down 10 pallets and roll. Dispose of same when loading. I prefer sand, less disruptive. But sometimes its harder to find sand.

Sorry Tri, but I don't agree....while you are right that you have more weight in the single axle but the twin screw has twice the footprint or contact with the ground....and if one tire were to break traction due to ice or some other slickness the other tire might still be on ground getting good traction.....besides that between the two axles the combined weight would be the same....
He doesn’t under stand hydro plaining

If you have what happened to me one fine day west of St Charles on 70, hail storm covered the interstate in half a foot of wet ice in ongoing tornado warned storms. I find myself up and over a small hill common to that area and there I am all ice.

No traction to be found anywhere, its all 65 plus straight ahead for about a mile. It was outside the realm of whats believeable towards which is absurd but it did happen.