ODFL | Does old dominion pay unused vacations if you leave the company

I’m not exactly sure. I think it has something to do with the anniversary date. I’m sure that there’s others that could know more.

Yes vacations are refilled on the anniversary date I know that but if you put in 2 weeks notice but leave just after your anniversary date will they pay it out

I retired in November. My anniversary was the end of the summer. I received 1 check in the mail, and 2 checks when I went in a few weeks later to turn in keys and receive my plaque. The two were quite large and the one in the mail was smaller. I had 4 weeks vacation.

I retired in November. My anniversary was the end of the summer. I received 1 check in the mail, and 2 checks when I went in a few weeks later to turn in keys and receive my plaque. The two were quite large and the one in the mail was smaller. I had 4 weeks vacation.
Does OD give retirees a complimentary set of mirrors for home use?

Do you mind sharing what your retirement looks like from a nonunion driver perspective? Do you have enough in 401k to actually retire from Old Dominion 401k match and profit sharing?

Do you mind sharing what your retirement looks like from a nonunion driver perspective? Do you have enough in 401k to actually retire from Old Dominion 401k match and profit sharing?
Fbn is rich af and I can tell by just lookin at him,, he had big money runs and while all his buddies had new fancy rigs in the yard he just keep coming to work in his old white trusty f150 xlt that would make any Mexican happy to landscape with

Fbn is rich af and I can tell by just lookin at him,, he had big money runs and while all his buddies had new fancy rigs in the yard he just keep coming to work in his old white trusty f150 xlt that would make any Mexican happy to landscape with
Thank you Billy. The old F-150 is getting a new engine put in it, the home mortgage is doing great, wife has her horses, we’re doing great. Putting together a business plan for my Hot Dog Cart business, have a couple that want to invest in it, but won’t make that decision until I talk to my wealth advisor next week.
In answer to Jaloc’s question. I started my retirement strategy before I was employed at OD. Putting money into the 401k at the previous company. Then at OD. Ran extra runs on weekends and put that money into my contributory IRA. Another thing is that I didn’t go for the toy’s, the new F-350 every other year. Got my mortgage at 3.3%. Now we’re shopping for a BMW for the wife and paying cash for it. I did without during my working years. I set goals and pursued them. My net worth has one number and six zeros after it.
So I hope that answers your question.
My wife has 3 pensions and a IRA that we’re going to be moving tomorrow into a better account and let the money work for us.
That is the key, let your money work for you. The economic crap that’s happened, I still lose a bit but there’s days when I’m making up to $4000 a day. Read, study, and seek wealth management advice from wealthy friends and my advisor.

Last edited:
I don’t get the guys who need toys. Can’t afford to go on a vacation without a credit card because every dollar they have is obligated.
They ain’t even using them bc they’re so busy working every weekend!!! Then they sell em bc of that and buy new ones again 3 mos later,, so funny watchin spendin habits of the poor here

They ain’t even using them bc they’re so busy working every weekend!!! Then they sell em bc of that and buy new ones again 3 mos later,, so funny watchin spendin habits of the poor here
My toys have always been paid with cash. My travel trailer, my scooter and anything else. Usually I can get some money off the price, don’t have to pay the bank interest and if I don’t have the cash, I don’t need the toy.