Dog and Pony Show

Credits
The man from Sweden was sent to tell us DHL wants to be the employer of choice. He is not in charge. The accountant that has the top job at STDF tells Teamsters he doesn't know how to make the company profitable without cutting costs. Fixed costs can't be cut so keep wages and benefit costs low as possible. The word from contract talks is that accountant who is President is digging in his heels. Time to get a no vote and strike. Let the customer who make us their carrier of choice have interrupted service. They will let their sales rep and a East Moline know what they think about that.
I am tired of is reaching for my wallet and finding someone else's hand on it. Time to demand a fair deal. We aren't looking for UPS Freight money, or even ABF money. We pay a lot of money in dues to be represented. Our a Teamster representatives are doing their job telling the company we will no longer be grossly underpaid. We will see who will flinch first.
Again, this is not the recession of 2010. There are LTL jobs almost everywhere. Starting pay high as $22 hr, top pay $25 or $26 hr. With good benefits. Some are desperate enough to offer sign on bonus as high as $5,000. I don't want to give up seniority to start over somewhere else. But I can't afford to give up 10 or $15,000 a year for 10 or 20 years. We Teamsters have give to the cause for the last 5 years.
Remember, in 2010 management ran over us. If we let that happen again, we will never get a good contract.