Doing away with assigned trucks and some programs?

walgreensdriver

TB Lurker
Credits
Has anyone else heard of Assigned tractors being fazed out and eliminating some of the programs? Word is it is to keep the amount of sitting tractors down.

Its the first I have heard of them doing away with assigned trucks..This is very unlikely. As far as the programs go, I am hearing they may be changing the 6/3 program to a rotating 5/2 one week, and a 5/3 the next week.

Its the first I have heard of them doing away with assigned trucks..This is very unlikely. As far as the programs go, I am hearing they may be changing the 6/3 program to a rotating 5/2 one week, and a 5/3 the next week.

I heard this week they are fazing out the 3/2 program at our DC. I am on 6/3, and 5/2-5/3 would be ok.

I am on a 3/2, and have never heard that they are doing away with them. We had two if them come up for bid just a couple of months ago..

I have generally by and large kept one little Tractor. Its unit number belongs to me for as long the Company deems it ok to keep a while.

There has been times they shipped drivers (Air, train, taxi etc) to my tractor when I am home off for a week, take the rig and go haul a load or three somewhere.

EVERY TIME... without FAIL that tractor comes back with a bad compressor, burned alternator or some other unfixed broken ::shit:: that needs three to four days of shop losses and waiting to FIX because the driver sent to my tractor does not CARE FOR IT, ABUSED it and generarally broke it.

EVERY TIME.

If the Blessed company boss wants to send someone to my truck next time, they can stick that SOB into a lonely yard truck behind the shop and have that dispatched from their blessed yard. He aint touchamatruck no more. No sir. Don't like it? They can fire me.

I will bet the entire farm on the idea that truck is coming back broken to need shop repairs. I bet you.

That's why we keep assigned trucks and keep them making money. None of that for time off. EH?

I have generally by and large kept one little Tractor. Its unit number belongs to me for as long the Company deems it ok to keep a while.

There has been times they shipped drivers (Air, train, taxi etc) to my tractor when I am home off for a week, take the rig and go haul a load or three somewhere.

EVERY TIME... without FAIL that tractor comes back with a bad compressor, burned alternator or some other unfixed broken **** that needs three to four days of shop losses and waiting to FIX because the driver sent to my tractor does not CARE FOR IT, ABUSED it and generarally broke it.

EVERY TIME.

If the Blessed company boss wants to send someone to my truck next time, they can stick that SOB into a lonely yard truck behind the shop and have that dispatched from their blessed yard. He aint touchamatruck no more. No sir. Don't like it? They can fire me.

I will bet the entire farm on the idea that truck is coming back broken to need shop repairs. I bet you.

That's why we keep assigned trucks and keep them making money. None of that for time off. EH?
As soon as your off duty the flood gates are open i see drivers with their own assigned tractor take someone else tractor when theirs is in working order i thinks they do it to be jags

I worked for one company that promoted no slip seating that ended up in a lie. Just keep track of the current mileage when you park. If there is more miles and or damage take it up with your safety dept.