Yellow | Dont Be Bought For $4

realityofitall

TB Regular
Credits
These lying pricks at YRC and the slimy union bosses who will get their pensions are asking you to continue a reduction in your pension and give you less than a $1 a year raise. Are you that weak that you can be bought for $4 ?

If they want to close let them close. There are a LOT of other jobs out there. We have the power, they are the ones that need drivers to pull the freight and unload and load it and answer the phones. These executives are making upper 6 figures. You have to struggle to make 70k a year. Dont let them steam roll you.

Send Ernie back and get that pension back to 100% funded and at least another 3 to 4 dollars an hour over the life of the contract. Inflation will eat your raise. $80 a barrel oil is on the horizon which means $3 plus gasoline this summer.

These lying pricks at YRC and the slimy union bosses who will get their pensions are asking you to continue a reduction in your pension and give you less than a $1 a year raise. Are you that weak that you can be bought for $4 ?

If they want to close let them close. There are a LOT of other jobs out there. We have the power, they are the ones that need drivers to pull the freight and unload and load it and answer the phones. These executives are making upper 6 figures. You have to struggle to make 70k a year. Dont let them steam roll you.

Send Ernie back and get that pension back to 100% funded and at least another 3 to 4 dollars an hour over the life of the contract. Inflation will eat your raise. $80 a barrel oil is on the horizon which means $3 plus gasoline this summer.

Is there anything else you want for Christmas that you haven't mentioned yet?

In fairness to all other Union Company Employees. How many Billions has YRC been allowed to not pay to funds? Never mentioned comparitive to our funds shortcomings? Why is that.. 20,000 contractual employees minus 75 percent contributions over the last 10 years? Really? and we wonder why our funds are troubled.. lets call a spade a spade.. The major reason why funds have been declared in their current status Is YRC non contributions.. Voted upon and approved by YRC employees. Multiple Billions of dollars.. Sorry but time for you all to have no right to pensions and strengthen those who are contributed on fully. Or YRC can buy out of the fund.. Bullshit!!!

In fairness to all other Union Company Employees. How many Billions has YRC been allowed to not pay to funds? Never mentioned comparitive to our funds shortcomings? Why is that.. 20,000 contractual employees minus 75 percent contributions over the last 10 years? Really? and we wonder why our funds are troubled.. lets call a spade a spade.. The major reason why funds have been declared in their current status Is YRC non contributions.. Voted upon and approved by YRC employees. Multiple Billions of dollars.. Sorry but time for you all to have no right to pensions and strengthen those who are contributed on fully. Or YRC can buy out of the fund.. :horseshit:!!!
Actually, CSPF has been in critical status since around 1990. When UPS bought out of the fund, they had been complaining for years before that 60 cents of every dollar they put in, was going to drivers who never worked for them. So no. Even if YRC had been paying full rate since the buyout of RDWY in 2003, it would not put this fund anywhere near solvent.

You use to get nearly $17k a year into the pension. The company has chased away so much business because of damages and not delivering on time. No one in management takes responsibility for allowing loads to show up at 8 9a and then hold the p and d drivers until its stripped. I'm voting no I want a pension.

You use to get nearly $17k a year into the pension. The company has chased away so much business because of damages and not delivering on time. No one in management takes responsibility for allowing loads to show up at 8 9a and then hold the p and d drivers until its stripped. I'm voting no I want a pension.
The Central States pension is going broke even if they put 200% in.

If this passes how soon before you get another job?

First it was give me my week back then it was week back plus 15%. Your being taken to the cleaners. I'll give you the $4. Open your eyes for once. Is 15 years of hashing your pension and suppressing your wages ok ? That's what your agreeing too.

I hope you guys/gals all get what you want and need, but to think YRC and the union are going to restore your pension 100% and give back what you “lost” is a fantasy land-dream, a dying wish if you will.

What you have lost is lost forever IMO. You will never get you a contract and get back “lost wages”.
$4 over 5 years is not great, but not the worst. An extra week of vacation is nice. 100% paid benes is great. The Teamsters union sadly, is not what it used to be.

I remember when I got my CDL in 1991, I WANTED A union job, but they were hard to get in unless you knew someone. Needless to say I never did get a union job, and driving truck has kept the lights on with a comfortable lifestyle for 28 years.

Not sure if you will get a COL on top of the $4, that would sweeten the pot, but to think they (YRC) would bring a contract to the table that would give $7+ over 5 years AND restore your pension even to 75% is a pipe dream, it’s just not going to happen.
It would price them out of the LTL business as they would have to drastically raise their rates to help cover the costs, and then the circling down the drain would begin to their ultimate demise. Out of business.

If YRC shuts down, and honestly, I hope they do not, of course all the other carriers will have to Asorb that freight and hire more drivers.
There are your other jobs BUT...
You have to ask yourself:
Are you actually willing to start at the bottom, be the shag lift gate driver, getting $21 and hour and all the crap deliveries?
1 week vacation to start?
Possibly no overtime?
Go OTR and live in a sleeper for 3 weeks at a time with 2 days home a month?
Is it that bad at YRC you are willing to start over somewhere else?
Rookies with less time driving forward than you have backing up with seniority over you?
There are good LTL companies out there, but as you all know some not so good.

My opinion is, and just my opinion only,
is to vote how you feel and what you need, but be warned, the grass is not greener on the other side.
Good luck drivers, I am rooting for you all.
PB

I hope you guys/gals all get what you want and need, but to think YRC and the union are going to restore your pension 100% and give back what you “lost” is a fantasy land-dream, a dying wish if you will.

What you have lost is lost forever IMO. You will never get you a contract and get back “lost wages”.
$4 over 5 years is not great, but not the worst. An extra week of vacation is nice. 100% paid benes is great. The Teamsters union sadly, is not what it used to be.

I remember when I got my CDL in 1991, I WANTED A union job, but they were hard to get in unless you knew someone. Needless to say I never did get a union job, and driving truck has kept the lights on with a comfortable lifestyle for 28 years.

Not sure if you will get a COL on top of the $4, that would sweeten the pot, but to think they (YRC) would bring a contract to the table that would give $7+ over 5 years AND restore your pension even to 75% is a pipe dream, it’s just not going to happen.
It would price them out of the LTL business as they would have to drastically raise their rates to help cover the costs, and then the circling down the drain would begin to their ultimate demise. Out of business.

If YRC shuts down, and honestly, I hope they do not, of course all the other carriers will have to Asorb that freight and hire more drivers.
There are your other jobs BUT...
You have to ask yourself:
Are you actually willing to start at the bottom, be the shag lift gate driver, getting $21 and hour and all the crap deliveries?
1 week vacation to start?
Possibly no overtime?
Go OTR and live in a sleeper for 3 weeks at a time with 2 days home a month?
Is it that bad at YRC you are willing to start over somewhere else?
Rookies with less time driving forward than you have backing up with seniority over you?
There are good LTL companies out there, but as you all know some not so good.

My opinion is, and just my opinion only,
is to vote how you feel and what you need, but be warned, the grass is not greener on the other side.
Good luck drivers, I am rooting for you all.
PB

Thanks for stopping by and adding your $.02. There are so many perspectives that are not truly understood. Something about seeing the forest for the trees?

on the job
Thanks for stopping by and adding your $.02. There are so many perspectives that are not truly understood. Something about seeing the forest for the trees?
with 707 boss kevin mccaffrey vite him out?
GOP county lawmakers Kevin McCaffrey of Lindenhurst and Robert Trotta of Fort Salonga, along with GOP challengers Anthony Piccirillo and Gary Pollakusky, all had the Conservatives’ ballot line two years ago but now don’t. All have filed petitions to mount write-in primary challenges; Piccirillo also is waging an Independence Party OTB.

Have you seen that movie?
Forest through the trees?

JUST VOTE!
(my penny.)
I hear it's unlucky to pick up a penny if it's tails up.
So I never do!