Yellow | Dont Be Bought For $4

Does anyone have a answer for my question?

I would like to hear and see the facts about this issue.

From an outside perspective, a no vote is not shared sacrifice. That being said, management, especially the ones at the very top, the ones that got you guys into this situation in the first place, I don’t see them doing anything to share in the sacrifice to keep the mess they created afloat either.

I hope you guys/gals all get what you want and need, but to think YRC and the union are going to restore your pension 100% and give back what you “lost” is a fantasy land-dream, a dying wish if you will.

What you have lost is lost forever IMO. You will never get you a contract and get back “lost wages”.
$4 over 5 years is not great, but not the worst. An extra week of vacation is nice. 100% paid benes is great. The Teamsters union sadly, is not what it used to be.

I remember when I got my CDL in 1991, I WANTED A union job, but they were hard to get in unless you knew someone. Needless to say I never did get a union job, and driving truck has kept the lights on with a comfortable lifestyle for 28 years.

Not sure if you will get a COL on top of the $4, that would sweeten the pot, but to think they (YRC) would bring a contract to the table that would give $7+ over 5 years AND restore your pension even to 75% is a pipe dream, it’s just not going to happen.
It would price them out of the LTL business as they would have to drastically raise their rates to help cover the costs, and then the circling down the drain would begin to their ultimate demise. Out of business.

If YRC shuts down, and honestly, I hope they do not, of course all the other carriers will have to Asorb that freight and hire more drivers.
There are your other jobs BUT...
You have to ask yourself:
Are you actually willing to start at the bottom, be the shag lift gate driver, getting $21 and hour and all the crap deliveries?
1 week vacation to start?
Possibly no overtime?
Go OTR and live in a sleeper for 3 weeks at a time with 2 days home a month?
Is it that bad at YRC you are willing to start over somewhere else?
Rookies with less time driving forward than you have backing up with seniority over you?
There are good LTL companies out there, but as you all know some not so good.

My opinion is, and just my opinion only,
is to vote how you feel and what you need, but be warned, the grass is not greener on the other side.
Good luck drivers, I am rooting for you all.
PB
I actually applaud people who are willing to seek out new opportunities if need be. I’ve done the same. I never let ‘X weeks of vacation’ hold me back, either. I’ve walked away from 4 weeks, two weeks and three weeks vacation to land something better (in the long run). For me, the day-to-day grind was what made me look around. No matter HOW many weeks off you have, you still have to come BACK to that crappy situation. In my opinion, it just wasn’t worth it.

From an outside perspective, a no vote is not shared sacrifice. That being said, management, especially the ones at the very top, the ones that got you guys into this situation in the first place, I don’t see them doing anything to share in the sacrifice to keep the mess they created afloat either.

Bill Zollars and his spending spree and a timely recession got us into this mess.He is gone. At the end of the day if we start looking for shared sacrifices in our life for all the wrongs in our jobs the entire planet would be in misery.
I’m just glad our veterans aren’t talking about shared sacrifice.

Bill Zollars and his spending spree and a timely recession got us into this mess.He is gone. At the end of the day if we start looking for shared sacrifices in our life for all the wrongs in our jobs the entire planet would be in misery.
I’m just glad our veterans aren’t talking about shared sacrifice.

So do you think that there should not be a shared sacrifice for all of the employees and management.... including corporate?

I take this serious.... its not a joke. We all work for the same corporation. Why should the Union members be held liable to pay down the debt only?

Vote for what works for you.... I'm just looking for a fair contract. Not to be ridiculed for my opinions.

So do you think that there should not be a shared sacrifice for all of the employees and management.... including corporate?

I take this serious.... its not a joke. We all work for the same corporation. Why should the Union members be held liable to pay down the debt only?

Vote for what works for you.... I'm just looking for a fair contract. Not to be ridiculed for my opinions.
Unless you agree with the 4 Or 5 posters Who were always on here you will be ridiculed. They must never sleep. I sure hope they’re not Drivers.

Unless you agree with the 4 Or 5 posters Who were always on here you will be ridiculed. They must never sleep. I sure hope they’re not Drivers.

I'm sharing my opinion just like you.
If the analyst are correct and a no vote will cost enough revenue that we won't be able to pay he accountants payable(leases,utilities ,fuel,salaries, insurance ect)due to customers pulling their freight they give it to Memorial Day.At that point we will all have equal sacrifice .
I don't know how to gauge equal sacrifice and I'm not putting on lipstick I just think our jobs should be much more important than if a supervisor might get a raise.
They have already assesses the equal sacrifice at the executive level.No ridicule Stimpy, I just think when your future is on the line there are more important things to worry about ..good luck.

If the analyst are correct and a no vote will cost enough revenue that we won't be able to pay he accountants payable(leases,utilities ,fuel,salaries, insurance ect)due to customers pulling their freight they give it to Memorial Day.At that point we will all have equal sacrifice .
I don't know how to gauge equal sacrifice and I'm not putting on lipstick I just think our jobs should be much more important than if a supervisor might get a raise.
They have already assesses the equal sacrifice at the executive level.No ridicule Stimpy, I just think when your future is on the line there are more important things to worry about ..good luck.

It's not just my future or yours.... it's all of our futures. I'm just trying to point out a view that some may not have realized ..... the way this company acts it will always be the drivers fault for everything..... being in debt in my opinion is not on the list.

Short term memory isn't the problem here, total and complete ignorance of the facts (as you demonstrate) is the problem.
he doesnt work with us, thats a troll, probably an old supervisor that was fired or something, who would say f cspf im in the north, then talk about record profits, someone just yapping at the mouth trying to cause mess, remember this is the same nut that wished half of our coworkers to die
lets hope God show him or it what death feels like 1st
Troll

I hope you guys/gals all get what you want and need, but to think YRC and the union are going to restore your pension 100% and give back what you “lost” is a fantasy land-dream, a dying wish if you will.

What you have lost is lost forever IMO. You will never get you a contract and get back “lost wages”.
$4 over 5 years is not great, but not the worst. An extra week of vacation is nice. 100% paid benes is great. The Teamsters union sadly, is not what it used to be.

I remember when I got my CDL in 1991, I WANTED A union job, but they were hard to get in unless you knew someone. Needless to say I never did get a union job, and driving truck has kept the lights on with a comfortable lifestyle for 28 years.

Not sure if you will get a COL on top of the $4, that would sweeten the pot, but to think they (YRC) would bring a contract to the table that would give $7+ over 5 years AND restore your pension even to 75% is a pipe dream, it’s just not going to happen.
It would price them out of the LTL business as they would have to drastically raise their rates to help cover the costs, and then the circling down the drain would begin to their ultimate demise. Out of business.

If YRC shuts down, and honestly, I hope they do not, of course all the other carriers will have to Asorb that freight and hire more drivers.
There are your other jobs BUT...
You have to ask yourself:
Are you actually willing to start at the bottom, be the shag lift gate driver, getting $21 and hour and all the crap deliveries?
1 week vacation to start?
Possibly no overtime?
Go OTR and live in a sleeper for 3 weeks at a time with 2 days home a month?
Is it that bad at YRC you are willing to start over somewhere else?
Rookies with less time driving forward than you have backing up with seniority over you?
There are good LTL companies out there, but as you all know some not so good.

My opinion is, and just my opinion only,
is to vote how you feel and what you need, but be warned, the grass is not greener on the other side.
Good luck drivers, I am rooting for you all.
PB
If you guys would vote the union in over there maybe it would be green on both sides of the street!!

he doesnt work with us, thats a troll, probably an old supervisor that was fired or something, who would say f cspf im in the north, then talk about record profits, someone just yapping at the mouth trying to cause mess, remember this is the same nut that wished half of our coworkers to die
lets hope God show him or it what death feels like 1st
Troll
:couch::mf swordfight::stirthepot:

CF was to big to fail but closed on Labor Day. Now YRCW is saying Memorial Day. Not only will the 3 day weekend that ends summer be a bad memory for the teamster. Now it looks like the 3 day weekend that start the summer will be to.

CF was to big to fail but closed on Labor Day. Now YRCW is saying Memorial Day. Not only will the 3 day weekend that ends summer be a bad memory for the teamster. Now it looks like the 3 day weekend that start the summer will be to.

The big difference is that it's us that will put us out of our own job.
Most normal people can't wrap their head around that.