FedEx Freight | Don't get hurt and be out for more than six months...

I heard this new policy is already claiming people's jobs one out of CGT.
Yep. 11 year road driver was in the process of coming back from disability last week. He was out for almost 7 months. Upon arrival at the terminal they told him they did not have anything but a part time dock position available. Couldn't send him a letter or call him ahead of time. Waited til he was on his way in to start the computer education and get his employee number reactivated. FedEx cares, team!

Yep. 11 year road driver was in the process of coming back from disability last week. He was out for almost 7 months. Upon arrival at the terminal they told him they did not have anything but a part time dock position available. Couldn't send him a letter or call him ahead of time. Waited til he was on his way in to start the computer education and get his employee number reactivated. FedEx cares, team!

They actually do send you a certified letter before you go on long term disability explaining the policy for returning to work off of ltd. I'm sure since he is a road driver any extra runs that come up he will be able to take while waiting for a spot to open up. Plus he will make more money working the dock than he would collecting disability or unemployment and he won't have to pay the cobra insurance either.

After doing some research on this issue, it seems the only change as of 6/1/2016 is that Aetna now administers the plan instead of Cigna....that's it!!
The plan itself hasn't changed, contrary to the scare tactics, the policy that the company can hire a replacement employee after 26 weeks of STD has been the policy for as long as I can remember!! Most of you probably don't realize that the law says companies can replace employees after only 12 weeks of disability!! Again, in my 21.5 years I only know of one driver who didn't retain their position after returning from disability but that was due to the 2009 layoffs, had he not been on disability he still wouldn't have made the cut due to his lack of seniority....but I am at a hub where absences are more easily abosorbed than they would be at smaller centers.
Senority is still retained for up to 18 months (6 STD, 12 LTD) just like it's been for as long as I can remember!!

They actually do send you a certified letter before you go on long term disability explaining the policy for returning to work off of ltd. I'm sure since he is a road driver any extra runs that come up he will be able to take while waiting for a spot to open up. Plus he will make more money working the dock than he would collecting disability or unemployment and he won't have to pay the cobra insurance either.
At least he still was employed; my company gives you 6 months and one day. After that time you get your termination letter in the mail.

After doing some research on this issue, it seems the only change as of 6/1/2016 is that Aetna now administers the plan instead of Cigna....that's it!!
The plan itself hasn't changed, contrary to the scare tactics, the policy that the company can hire a replacement employee after 26 weeks of STD has been the policy for as long as I can remember!! Most of you probably don't realize that the law says companies can replace employees after only 12 weeks of disability!! Again, in my 21.5 years I only know of one driver who didn't retain their position after returning from disability but that was due to the 2009 layoffs, had he not been on disability he still wouldn't have made the cut due to his lack of seniority....but I am at a hub where absences are more easily abosorbed than they would be at smaller centers.
Senority is still retained for up to 18 months (6 STD, 12 LTD) just like it's been for as long as I can remember!!

Not according to our old rule book/policy book it says in there they only hold your seniority for 12 months total. I haven't looked at the intranet to see if it's changed.

The old policy was 6 months on health coverage and 12 months on seniority. That's why guys would come back for a day or 2 and go back out to keep there healthcare.

So since when being informative a scare tactic. The majority of the people we work with had no idea.

The old policy was 6 months on health coverage and 12 months on seniority. That's why guys would come back for a day or 2 and go back out to keep there healthcare.
And the alleged "new policy" is also 6 months STD on healthcare and it's always been 12 months seniority on LTD....for a total of 18 months.
So where's the changes??

So since when being informative a scare tactic. The majority of the people we work with had no idea.
You do know the difference don't you??

Scare tactic: new healthcare policy says the company is going to terminate us after six months on STD!!!! We MUST vote for a union to save us all!!!!

Informative: hey guys, as of 6/1/16 Cigna will no longer be administering our STD/LTD, Aetna will now be administering our STD/LTD. There are no changes to the policies.

Did he keep management informed of his rehab and his return date? Surely they had to provide him with the paperwork to get re-evaluated with the company doc before returning? Just curious.
Yep....they care so much that I'm hearing the PT dock position was so that he could work until a road position opened up so he could return with his seniority...which I'm also hearing will be real soon if it hasn't happened already.

Did he keep management informed of his rehab and his return date? Surely they had to provide him with the paperwork to get re-evaluated with the company doc before returning? Just curious.
Yep....they care so much that I'm hearing the PT dock position was so that he could work until a road position opened up so he could return with his seniority...which I'm also hearing will be real soon if it hasn't happened already.

Seriously I would like to see them put you to part time dock and you loose all your seniority and see what you have to say about it.

You do know the difference don't you??

Scare tactic: new healthcare policy says the company is going to terminate us after six months on STD!!!! We MUST vote for a union to save us all!!!!

Informative: hey guys, as of 6/1/16 Cigna will no longer be administering our STD/LTD, Aetna will now be administering our STD/LTD. There are no changes to the policies.
There's no scare tactic on our end just facts. Facts that is killing the company right now because people are getting educated answer starting to stand up.
So let's see we have a driver in cgt that loses his seniority position and is offered the dock.A video comes out about the std by one if reds Co workers and the company goes into damage control. Now we all know freight evaluation is done atleast a month before the bid. The bid is done with no positions available for that driver. The bid starts this Sunday and now miraculously cgt is going to add 3 road positions. But let's not forget that 2 week's ago when the bid started there were only the dock available. So I guess the 2 new drivers to be added will work the dock?
You see this is the union silently working for you. Power and strength in numbers. Start standing side by side people.

There's no scare tactic on our end just facts. Facts that is killing the company right now because people are getting educated answer starting to stand up.
So let's see we have a driver in cgt that loses his seniority position and is offered the dock.A video comes out about the std by one if reds Co workers and the company goes into damage control. Now we all know freight evaluation is done atleast a month before the bid. The bid is done with no positions available for that driver. The bid starts this Sunday and now miraculously cgt is going to add 3 road positions. But let's not forget that 2 week's ago when the bid started there were only the dock available. So I guess the 2 new drivers to be added will work the dock?
You see this is the union silently working for you. Power and strength in numbers. Start standing side by side people.
We are all glad that this driver will be getting his position back as soon
We are happy for this driver to get his position back after cgt does a bump bid but more importantly 2 more drivers are being added.